or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

@MillionsKnives not every challenge will appeal to everyone. Sit this one out if it's too challenging for you. We're on the honor system with every challenge so this is no different. So salt is a pantry freebie unless I plan on making salt crusted whole fish. See? Spices at a freebie unless it's saffron of course. Play it by ear and it will be fine.
It's not that, it's just that I don't know the answer to your question so maybe others don't either.
My husband came home with 3 beautiful golden beats and 3 purple beets.  I want to make a terrine somewhat like this one http://www.thingsimadetoday.com/2016/02/16/rainbow-beet-terrine-with-goat-cheese/  but I do not want to use goat cheese.  I want to incorporate some of the flavors in this dish into my terrine http://cravecheese.com/recipe-detail.php?Mascarpone-Layered-Beets-93 although can I mix the mascarpone with a saltier cheese?  Also I want to use the beet greens in...
Interesting challenge. Can salt and pepper be free? But what about water and utilities, doesn't that factor in?
Looks perfectly made 
@jake t buds wins finally!  Congrats and thanks chefbuba for the bacon challenge, I've been salivating over bacon this whole month!
It will be interesting for sure but I doubt it will get crispy but I've never done it. Waffle batter maybe? It will give a whole new meaning to chicken n waffles haha. Now I'm getting ideas - what about chicken dipped in cornbread mix! Like a corn dog. Yum.
The OP hasn't replied to this thread since 2008 so I'm assuming he didn't survive the smoked oyster incident.
 Oh you must try it then, caramelized onions in potato salad are wonderful!  They are sweet and delicious. @jake t buds I agree about getting limp half cooked onions in a dish where caramelized onions are promised.  On the other hand for some people it is very difficult to caramelize onions because if the heat is a smidge too high you've got burnt onions.  It happens a lot.
In potato salad I used spring onion, much gentler and prettier.