Posts by Koukouvagia

Can't live without my santoku
If your fundraiser is anything like the fundraisers I've attended they are for people paying lots of money for the cause. It is expected that the food will be good. Please don't use a jarred sauce.
I don't know about that @eastshores. That's an ingredient I can live without. It's controversial and probably not villainous but I can do without. Besides, my mil puts msg on her roasts and they still taste like nothing.
Am I the only one who throws dried mushrooms straight into the stock pot then??
Careful if you're planning on grilling hot dogs this weekend. https://www.tastingtable.com/cook/national/hot-dog-recall-nathans-curtis?utm_campaign=organic&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social   "The specific products affected include 16-ounce packages of Curtis Beef Master Beef Franks, which have a use-by date of June 15, 2017, and 14-ounce packages of Nathan’s Skinless 8 Beef Franks, with a use-by date of August 19, 2017."
I'm so impressed you took our advice! Have fun experimenting!
The people on this forum are so interesting. 
That's how you practice it, you make it and see what went wrong and then correct your mistakes the next time.  Yes roux is equal parts butter to flour. If I'm making a lot of bechamel - and I often do - I warm up the milk so that the sauce comes together quickly.  But if I'm only make a little bit, enough for mac n cheese for example, I pour the milk in cold.  It's important to have a whisk and keep stirring as you add the liquid.   Add the cheese after you've turned off...
Jelly rolls, cakes with layers of jam inside, tarts topped with jelly, panacotta topped with jelly
This is such a big problem nowadays.  If it's not an oil spill, it's a radiation plant washed into the sea.  Now the Great Barrier Reef is dead. Our oceans are in real trouble and we along with them.