or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

Plating of a dish is not unlike fine art.  Some people get it and some don't.  And some people like a piece while others don't like it.  The basic principle of a composition (the way things are arranged on a plate/canvas) is to force your eye to move in a certain direction.  Artists want to capture your eye and force it almost into a cyclical motion moving from one object to the other.  The main reason for that is so that your eye does not leave the canvas and hold your...
It's not a very good picture lol.  When I make it again I will leave the skin on the red potatoes and it will contrast beautifully.  Also I will chop the herbs by hand instead, it makes them prettier me thinks.  But tahini in a potato salad?  My husband loved it, he hates mayo.  Thanks all!
I did we loved it, it's a winner. It was a little sweet I may have overdone it with the maple syrup. That it may aged balsamico is a tad too sweet and doesn't mesh well with the syrup. Needs tweaking but yes it was great thank you! I think t will be a hit.
Beautiful photos!  I love negative space in plating.  I don't know how to do it well but I like it.  On the other hand, we Americans tend to be hoarders when it comes to food.  The more the better lol.
German Potato Salad is not the only potato salad served warm.  I sometimes make a potato salad for lunch with boiled potatoes dressed with olive oil and red wine vinegar and topped with hard boiled or poached eggs.
 Oh my gosh ChicagoTerry this has been on my to-do list since you gave it to me!  I've been meaning to make it and then keep getting held up on the tahini, I never keep any around and always forget to get some at the grocery store.  I'm getting some today and serving this with the BBQ chicken we were planning on grilling today and I'll let you know how it goes.  Promise! But from the sounds of it, this may be best served warm, have you let this sit overnight with good...
 Here's me walking up to the buffet.... "where's the salad, yo where's the salad???"  I usually go for the most colorful thing yet.  If there will be many ladies there who are inadvertently watching their waistlines they'll pick one, at most 2 of their favorite carb.  I'd probably have some roasted potato and that's about it, skip the pasta, skip the potato salad, skip the pasta salad, skip the bread rolls, it's too much of one type of food.   So anyway, yes this is a bit...
Hmm well look, Greeks are actually comin off a 50 day fast, during that time they ate a lot of octopus and skordalia since they are Lenten. If I served those on Greek Easter I'd be booed and excommunicated lol. Tzatziki on Easter is a must and the lamb will be stuffed with garlic and lemons so the potato salad probably shouldn't be garlicky.
It's greek Easter kgirl! Don't you know already? Lamb on a spit of course! And pastitsio and spinach pie and Greek sausages and Cypriot sausages and Greek salad!
Hello friends, I'm going to make a potato salad for my Greek Easter party.  Normally I make roasted potatoes but I'm trying to ease my cooking load on the day of.  Unfortunately people love those darn roasted potatoes so if i make a potato salad it has to live up to expectations.  I have a couple of go-to recipes but I'm bored with them and looking for suggestions.   The rule is, it has to be made the day before and doesn't need to be heated.  I'm all ears!   Oh and...