Posts by Koukouvagia

Welcome to cheftalk.   Pureed soups are not only helpful in this situation but they can be really really tasty.  I like to make creamy baked potato soup, or roasted curried cauliflower puree, mushroom soup, there are too many to list.  Basically any kind of soup (unless it has chunks of meat) can be pureed.  You'll want to get yourself one of those stick blenders to make this job...
This is why sometimes it is perilous going out to eat. Cooks put stuff in your food you would never do at home. Please, if you put msg in your food you must list it on the menu and somehow "Burger seasoned with msg" doesn't sound appetizing to a diner does it? Buy better meat or leave the meat as it is. Or add spices and herbs to it. At a local restaurant that specializes in sausages here they sell a sausage burger. At another local Greek restaurant they sell a lamb...
Actually, for businesses it is absolutely possible to monetize this. The social media platform is very important to my personal business. I'm not in the food business but I have a separate foodie account and follow many chefs, restaurants, and food bloggers. They would not spend the time, energy and resources into it if it did not benefit their business. So I wouldn't call that fake.
@Mike9 that looks delicious.  I just realized I've never cooked lobster.  Sounds like I should embark on a new adventure.   @rpooley for me it's just a habit because I like to post regularly on my instagram account.  Plus I always take the time to plate things nicely even if I don't end up sharing my picture - not that I'm good at plating, but I do like to make the effort and once the effort is made I naturally reach for the camera.     @MillionsKnives what are fake...
I don't have a problem with vegetarians.  They're delicious and I eat them all the time.   Seriously though, I don't make fun of anyone's eating.  But there is more than one way to approach a healthy diet and I don't like to get hung up on being labeled one thing or the other.     Avocado sandwiches look difficult to eat.  I like my avocados to be rather ripe, so how would you hold one?  When eating bread-free sandwiches I much prefer wrapping protein in lettuce leaves...
Quiche?
How do you make these and how long does it last? Does it go bad?
 Chicken livers.  Great, now I really really want some chicken livers. Crab or lobster?
Tomato sauce like ragu or prego is one thing I could never buy.  There is so much sugar in them, I really don't like sugar in my tomato sauce.  What's the difference between doctoring up a prego and just using a can of tomato puree?  Because I assume the doctoring part takes as much time as it takes to make a fresh little sauce.  Not that I'm against all convenience foods but the flavor of ragu and prego reminds me of airplane food.
 We should only be posting questions about food.