or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

Carolina rice has a wonderful way of falling apart, sometimes I like that, especially for stuffing vegetables and grape leaves.  
Nice!  It's not my forte but what a perfect opportunity to learn.  Ok so I'll submit my stuffed veggies that I made for dinner last night.  This would've gone in the what's for dinner thread but since rice is the stuffer what the heck.  The rice is white Carolina.  
Congrats phatch! And thank you teamfat for an awesome challenge.  I gotta admit it's getting harder and harder to lose but it pushes me to go beyond what I think I can do!   Can't wait for the next one.
 I like me a runny scramble.  The outside is set and the inside should be "custard."  
Some of my favorite things I've made this year that feature eggs : Eggs baked in spicy tomato sauce   Creme caramel   I make a mean omelette   And scrambled eggs   If I were a Brit I'd call this eggy bread   Fritata with leeks, potatoes and feta
I just happened to drive by a Cracker Barrel.  It's such a rare sighting over in my parts that I had to stop and eat.   Country Fried Steak, hashbrown casserole, mashed potatoes with red eye gravy. Not pictured but definitely eaten: Buttermilk gravy, fried okra, corn bread 
Easy dinner last night with a caprese, roasted garlic hummus, pita chips and sopressata.   
 Gorgeous!  I'm making this for dinner today, spent some time at the farmer's market yesterday and will be doing something like this. Swimming in olive oil, that's how I like all my food. I usually try to go light but I'm definitely going to go heavy handed with the oil today, got some fresh sourdough bread that's dying to be dipped into something.
One of my most favorite things to make with fresh tomatoes is Dakos, but it also goes by the name of Koukouvagia (yes that's how I chose my screename)   Basically it's a a dried wheat rusk, wet it to make it soft, topped with fresh tomato, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.  Make it fancy by adding feta cheese.  
Wow, amazing dishes everyone I'm so impressed.  My favorite challenge by leaps and bounds (truth, if I had won any challenge I would have picked Eggs as the theme!)   Whenever we have leftovers my husband is famous for saying "toss this ______ with some eggs tomorrow and you got a beautiful breakfast."  He's soooo right, that's why eggs are one of my most favorite ingredients.  And that's why I decided to make a strata, my first ever!  I had a lot of leftover ingredients...