or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

Been meaning to tell you, these are amazing. The Pasta 'ncasciata is something I never heard of before and something I'd like to try to learn.  
Stir fry.  It's a lot of work I tell you.  But it was worth it.  The rice is basmati.  I'm still learning how to cook it, it's a little overcooked for my taste, it cooks sooooo quickly!      
Unfortunately I'm prone to guilt. I really envy people that feel no guilt. I'll just go ahead and say it then, risotto is one of my favorite side dishes heheheh!
This one is a little different than the one you taught me. It's a 3.5 lb butt. I would've tied it if I could find my butcher twine.There was a lot of broth, I'm going to have to call it a braise because those potatoes and veggies were more like pot roast veggies.
I like to boil the beans for about 15 min until they start to soften a little before I put them in a stew. Sometimes I cook them fully before adding them depending on the dish. Did you notice which beans were undercooked? Not all types of beans cook at the same rate. Were the navy beans all tough and the black beans all soft? Or were there some black beans cooked while other black beans undercooked? Phatch said it best, your body adapts over time.
Made my own pork roast.  I only cooked it for 4.5hrs, with celery onions carrots garlic, bay leaves rosemary, thyme, grainy mustard, oregano, white wine, lemon juice.  Threw the potatoes in the last hour.  I cooked it uncovered for a bit then covered it for most of the time and then uncovered at the end again.  I can't figure out if this was a roast or a braise.  The jus was amazing.  
 I still can't do it :( but thanks for the close up.  It's pretty. I think you mean basmati over gumbo.  DANG that looks good and it reminds me I really really need to get cracking on making that gumbo, I started a thread a few months ago and got some awesome tips from everyone.    Looks good FF.  I too love to serve risotto with protein, obviously you do too.  But is right to do that?  Is it proper?  Shouldn't risotto be a course on its own?  I always feel like I'm...
 But you obviously put a lot of effort into the plating, from now on take a few close ups too.  Zoom in or move up close to the food.  I can't figure how to zoom into your photos on cheftalk.
@Jarmo love your table settings. Can you give us a close up of the food please? It looks pretty but can't see the details.
I can't!