or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

It's not uncommon, souvlaki is traditionally made from pork butt but it does marinate overnight.
@eastshores I don't know what to be more jealous of, the chicken, the grill, or the beautiful weather. It's all perfect. "Here's an unrelated picture of my winter garden" -favorite sentence
What do those stabbing tenderizers do anyway? Should I buy one?
 Thanks, it's a little overcooked but it tasted great and I made a sandwich today with the leftovers.  
Mac 'n too much cheese  
@Mike9    @Lagom what a special meal that was, thanks for sharing!  The thought of the fermented shark is a little scary but much respect to you!   @EverydayGourmet  that's a kill jowl
@abefroman what are you trying to make? You're better off with loin chops. This will not work with the cut you have. Unless you slice it thin, pound it, braise it for an hour.
I wasn't going to post this but I realized that this is indeed a very slow cooking process.  So here's my famous Eye Round Roast Beef dinner.   It begins 24hrs earlier, with a dry brine.  I rub the meat with 3-4 Tbsps of salt and let it sit in the fridge over night.  The next day I wash the salt off and pat it completely dry.   When it comes to room temp I sear it on all sides.   It sits on a bed of veggies seasoned with salt/pepper and dried herbs.   Paint...
I know but I don't know what to do to avoid it. If I'm plating I use warmed dishes but I typically serve family style. I'm very careful to serve everything at the appropriate temperature and when serving a roast I make sure everyone is seated and tr last thing to hit the table. But even so, I never feel happy enough with the meat temp.
Gorgeous crispy skin indeed @Mike9 !  How did you do it, sear first and roast till done?