or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

Here are some of the culinary delights we've been enjoying since we arrived in my home country, the island of Krete.  We'll be here for another month and I hope to update the thread periodically.   Weeds   Pastries   Baklava and the like
You're in a bind because you're looking for binder?  Your thread title is a pun in itself lol.   If you were making pork meatballs then applesauce might work very well, I'm not sure how much it would help bind but it would certainly add a flavor that is often paired with pork.  I can see this in a swedish meatbal.   I don't know about game meat though.  I would probably go in a sweet savory direction with allspice and garlic, maybe even a hint of cinnamon.
I do like tea sometimes, mostly in the winter.  I like to sit in the afternoon with a very heavily spiced India tea.  But I'm more of a coffee person.
Come on guys is pitting cherries really that bad?  I've never done it so I don't know.  If it's anything like pitting olives then it can't be so bad.     I've never made a claffouti.  I have some time to bake this summer so I might try one of those.  First up though is meringue!     I really really really hate de-seeding tomatoes.  Any kind of prep work involved with tomatoes is horrible.  I hate how squishy they are.
I agree with Pete on what he says about the pans.     As for the char, I suggest that you sear your meat with just salt and pepper.  If you're coating it with spices or anything that has even a hint of sugar in it you will get blackened char and that is not good stuff.  I do not use any kind of cooking sprays, I prefer real oil. If you don't want to put oil in the pan then just rub a little oil on the meat itself so it won't stick.  When you place the meat in the pan...
Is this a real recipe or is it a joke?  What book is it from?
 Dude, I buy those froze too haha.  
It counts  @ChicagoTerry, it's not one of my least favorites but it's not a favorite.  I don't mind so much taking things out but scrubbing the inside of the fridge is no fun.  I don't like scrubbing the stove either.  Scrubbing the cabinetry is also no fun.  Any kind of cleaning I give it a thumbs down.   I've never cleaned and gutted a fish but I can imagine that would be awful which is why I avoid it.  This is why I can never audition for Masterchef lol 
I love cooking.  I hate chopping onions and de-veining shrimp.  And I hate peeling garlic which is why I buy peeled garlic.  And I hate cleaning pans that were used for cooking lamb.  What's your least favorite prep job?   My favorite jobs are chopping vegetables aside from onions.
Thanks @Mike9 I love a good warm potato salad.  It's a comfort food.  Yours looks very good, duck fat is a great idea!  No duck here but I'm tempted to use bacon fat next time.