or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

Then why didn't you tell me?  Why am I only finding this out now?   For me parboiling has its uses.  There are times I like to roast my potatoes hard and fast and other times I like to parboil first.  I like both results and the variety they provide.  There is no wrong way to do potatoes.  The only thing I cannot abide by is a dry potato - I want it soaking in olive oil or butter or both.  Parboiling in this case allowed for deep marination of these potatoes.  I could...
They'll keep for a day or 2 but they'll never be as good as new. You can try to lightly griddle them with butter or warm them up on the oven. But they won't be light and fluffy ever again.
What are you cooking outdoors this summer?  It's gonna be a hot one!   I can't BELIEVE I've never thought of doing this until now.  Grilled potatoes, oh boy were they good.    I started by cutting thick slices of yukons and parboiling until almost cooked through.  While still hot I tossed them in a marinade of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh rosemary, minced garlic, salt/pepper.  Once they cooled we put them on the grill with pecan chips smoke.       In the...
 What a big celebration, are you American?
Greek yogurt with bananas, blueberries, honey, and a sprinkle of grape nuts
I always use Giada's recipe, it does use slightly more flour than the standard bechamel recipe but I like that for certain uses.  For mac n cheese I keep it equal parts butter/flour and use slightly more milk or cream.   1 stick unslated butter (4oz) 1/2 cup + 2tbsp all purpose flour 1 quart whole milk at room temp   Forgot to mention, I always grate nutmeg into my bechamel for mac n cheese too.  It's just sooooo goood.
No, there is no magic, it is equal parts flour to butter.
There are basic bechamel recipes on the internet. It's not difficult but it is one of the major mother sauces and will elevate all your cooking. It's crucial for Mac n cheese.
@Mike9 heaven! Where do you get your lobster?
It does not appeal to me and I was about to defriend you when I initially thought you were posting this as if it was a good idea. Then again I find sweet potatoes extremely difficult to pair with any food, I know people love them and I do too but they have such a distinctive flavor! Regular potatoes are conducive to many flavoring like a blank canvas but sweet potatoes are a busy flavor all on their own. With fish? No! But I used to live in a world where cheese and fruit...