or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

@teamfat  that's a great idea, I underutilize my muffin tins, they can do so much more than just make muffins.  I sometimes make kourkouto http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/KOURKOUTO-WITH-ZUCCHINI-1274021 for large dinner gatherings but in a large baking dish which I then slice and serve.  If I make it in muffin tins it is so much easier to serve!
I like serving in endive leaves.  I usually make shrimp salad in endive leaves but lobster salad would be good too.   For smoked salmon I get large pieces of salmon and lay it flat.  Then I smother it with cream cheese/sour cream/chive mixture and roll it up tight.  Refrigerate.  Then cut into little pinwheels you can serve plain, on top of bread or a cucumber.  Yum.   A trick I learned here a long time ago was to cut season puff pastry with parmesan cheese and then...
@butzy 
I've never had ramen salad, how wonderful, can you share your recipe?
 Thank you   This was from a few months ago.  Of course fried chicken is available everywhere in the south, but my mother only cooked it once a year on my birthday.  Fried chicken used to be my favorite food in the whole world.  
 Well guess what I grew up in Virginia so  I am a southern girl!  Here's the proof:   I have NEVER seen a country ham here in NY so I'll have to order one.  How long does it last and I need to find something to do with it other than red eye gravy.  We used to slice it thin and eat it on sandwiches.
@petalsandcoco IMO Guinness makes the BEST gravy!
@French Fries no kidding that's wild! Why do you call it that? @petalsandcoco no it's broccolini. It's not my favorite but my son likes it. He calls it trees. I like rapini too but have only tossed it in pasta or eaten it as a side dish as you described. I wonder what else can be done with it.
I want one too! I want it from virginia!
I dry brined it over night. Then I seared it. Then I put it into a 225F oven until it reached 115 internal. Then I turned off the oven and left it in there for 40 min until it reached near 125F. It's the only way. It's perfect and tender and well seasoned. I wonder what other cuts I can do this with.