Posts by Koukouvagia

It's impossible to have "home" grown coffee because the only place in the U.S. where coffee is cultivated is Hawaii.  I have yet to settle on a perfect blend so I'm not good for answering this question, just wanted to say that all coffee drunk in America is pretty much international coffee.
YEEroe with a flipped R
I'm not familiar with any dialect where a Greek would pronounce it with a hard G. The word begins with a Gamma Γ and there is only one way to pronounce it. It would be pronounced with a hard G if it was followed by a Kappa Κ but in this case it is not. Ask your friend what dialect he's talking about.Overall I'm ok with most pronounciations of this, we sold these for a long time and heard a lot of interpretations. The spelling alone makes people uncomfortable. Say it how...
Jiro? Like jeeeeroe? That's the wrongest way ever lol.
I like Irish cheddar hehe.  But this has made me realized that I need to do a lot of research.
Do the French order French toast and French fries? 
Wow thirty years ago?  That's really outdated information now from what I hear.  Anyway, make sure to post a pic!  I made corned beef a few days ago (hubby couldn't wait until St. Paddy's) and I was supposed to make cottage pie today but had to run my son to an unexpected doctor's appointment and it threw my day off.  What do the Irish order when they want take out on St. Patrick's day?
@Jimyra that sounds like a good plan.  Just make sure that the beef broth you use does not have any salt in it.  The corned beef itself has more than enough to flavor the whole pot of veggies.
It's really delicious and super easy to make.  Tomorrow corned beef in the supermarket will be at a reduced price.  Make sure you get one labeled "flat cut."  You can get these in remarkably small sizes, I got a 2lb corned beef this week and we ate it within a 24hr period lol.  The store bought ones usually come with a small packet of pickling spices.  I throw those and the beef in a pot with a whole can of guinness and some water to top.  Boil it for a couple of hours...