or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

It does make one sound cultured and intelligent.  Because it requires intelligence to know what those terms mean.  What is so wrong about being cultured and intelligent?  I took classes to learn how to speak french, I've visited France and I'm cultured and I'm cultured.  I can't dumb myself down just so that someone doesn't mistake me for someone who is not intelligent.  I can't help it if I'm classy.  You are what you are, it would require me to pretend and be...
 Actually even people with an elevated opinion of themselves deserve to be employed.  As to whether or not they are impossible to work with is a matter of opinion, and only those who work under such people should have an opinion about that.  It's a well known fact that many CEOs, team leaders, head chefs, principals, presidents and other people in leadership positions have a high opinion of themselves, it's a necessary prerequisite for success.  Lots of chefs have gone to...
What on earth are you talking about?  Roux is not just for gravy.
@ordo that looks fantastic, I just have to try it!  What cut of meat did you use for that?  And what does cornstarch do?   Finally we're having some good weather and the sun was shining bright and hot today, we had a beautiful day at the park followed by lunch at a new local turkish restaurant in our neighborhood.  The rice pudding was to die for.  For dinner we're grilling chicken and veg skewers.  These have a marinade made with garlic confit, balsamic, and whatever...
 peanut butter is a better comparison.  A runny peanut butter for most sauces except when I make bechamel it's a little thicker like cold peanut butter.  It makes a better bechamel for my uses.
As long as you deglaze the pan in which you sear the meat then the result is the same except you have 2 pans to clean of course.
 I don't know where you're getting your information about the US, certainly not from a reliable source.  I don't see how you're spoiled in the UK, the US and the UK are 2 of the most economically powerful countries in the world, we're all a little spoiled and when it comes to convenience foods I'm sure we're about the same. If you're used to jarred pasta sauces and other convenience foods you'll easily adjust here, I'm sure the UK brands taste just as bad as the US brands....
 @Pete try no to cut off the name of the person you're quoting, had to search each post to find who you were quoting.  I agree with you, I brown a lot of meat in my dutch oven.  The key is not to crowd the pan.
Cows evolved to eat corn the same way humans evolved to eat cheetos.  While there's some wiggle room in what we can indulge in, our bodies perform best when they're eating a nutrient dense diet and stay away from too many processed foods.  Cows are not human but they are creatures of the earth and they too have an optimal diet.  Studies show that when animals are fed their optimal diet their meat offers more nutrients to those who eat it as well.  I'm not trying to get...
Hi @Antonella84 of course you're welcome to participate, the challenges are open to everyone.  Great first entry.  I wasn't very confident when I first started taking pictures of my food either but I've gotten better over time.  When I have a little free time from my hectic job I plan to learn how to use my fancy new camera and possibly even take a photography class, by participating in the monthly challenges I have found that I really enjoy photography and taking pictures...