or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

So far so good.  The butterflying didn't take long and it wasn't hard.  It is a small roast, under 3lbs and it's tapered so that's why it didn't come out to a perfect square when rolled out. Stuffed with mortadella and spinach (olive oil, salt, pepper, parmesan)     Me in my frumpy housewife mode, rolling it into the caulfat, then the roast will be placed on a bed of onions and herbs (and garlic of course)        
Finally getting around to doing this today.  Wish me luck!
I woudln't toast pre ground spices.  Go with what you have now but buying spices like cumin, coriander, fennel etc whole has its benefits.  It's cheaper and they last longer and taste much better.
@petalsandcoco  I think you may win your own challenge 
You're welcome here!
It needs a sauce.  After it is pulled it needs to get tossed in sauce!  Personally I like a north carolina style vinegar sauce, just google it.  Or you can try one of those vinegar/ketchup bbq sauces too.  
I know what she means by fluff.  Jamie Oliver talks about the fluff as well when he talks roasted potatoes and I'm assuming it's a British preference.  Fluff is when the starchy surface of the parboiled potato get scuffed. This part crisps up while the inside stays "fluffy." Here is JO himself roasting the best potato https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1bXQlWLl7U   @FionaL I would then go with the idea that @cheflayne  mentioned.  Parboil the potatoes then transport....
I don't normally like to parboil my potatoes buy in this case it's your best bet. Parboil them until nearly done and then placing them in your roasting pan and transport. Then season and roast in the oven uncovered. It shouldn't pose a problem.
It's best if they are thawed.  And you should also cut the meat into cubes before marinating.
I would definitely not put curry in it.     Try this:   - yogurt - lemon juice - minced shallot - minced garlic - red wine vinegar - bay leaf - saffron - paprika - pepper - cumin and coriander - red chili flakes - olive oil - dried herbs such as thyme and/or oregano   If you're using chicken thigh there is no need to brine, it should be tender after a few hours of marinating in this.  I wouldn't let it go over night, it will turn to mush.