or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

Pangrattato which I think translates to grated bread. Glad you're still enjoying this.   Although I did not make pangrattato today I made something that reminded me of it: parmesan crusted omelet
I like breast just fine.  It's not my super favorite but it gives me an excuse for a nice butter sauce.  Y'all chill.
Bangers and mash except the mash is made of cauliflower puree.
My husband will be a happy camper this month!
Congrats @summer57 you made some lovely bread there, as did everyone else.  This has been a fun challenge to observe.  I got as far as buying yeast but didn't make good on my intent to make bread.  Baking is not my passion.  Looking forward to the next challenge, it is autumn here which makes it my most favorite season to cook - it is a bountiful harvest!
I didn't know you could eat a pumpkin after it's been carved and set out for decoration. Isn't it rotted?
As I said before, seasoning the steak ahead of time is considered dry brining.  No oil is involved in dry brining.  I often do a dry brine for roasts but it works for steak too.  It flavors and tenderizes the meat.  Check out this method http://www.tastingtable.com/entry_detail/national/16929/How_to_Make_the_Perfect_Steak.htm  It really does make a very good steak.
That's really creepy is it real?
Someone will come along and tell you that everything you're doing is wrong.  A few years ago I would find all kinds of things wrong with your method.  But the zen lady I am now has learned that there are different ways to approach this and all turns out well.     Sometimes I do as you do, which is called dry brining except for the oil, I do not use oil.  Just salt and leave in the fridge for a few hours. Sometimes I add fresh garlic and herbs to it the dry brine as...
It's a great dish because you'll be doing most of the cooking the day before.  Hash is better when made with cold ingredients in my opinion.  So boil the potatoes and the the corned beef the day before.  I like to boil mine in a mixture of water and guinness beer, onions, carrots and celery.