or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

In my opinion the definitive method of making ratatouille is Thomas Keller's.  http://www.justasdelish.com/ratatouilles-ratatouile-confit-byaldi/   As for not getting excited about it because it's meatless... well that's just silly.  Ratatouille makes a wonderful side dish to any number of proteins, I like it primarily with fish or chicken but it's great with pork too.  It can be tricky to make because the vegetables have to be selected very carefully for their size in...
I've never made onion rings at home but if I were to I would try a variety of onions in one sitting.  I'm curious how red onions would taste, but I'd also use vidalia and white onions too.  Why not?  It's not like you'll have to spend a lot of money lol.  Instinct tells me that chilling the onions in the fridge would make for better results.   I'd heat up my dutch oven filled halfway with peanut oil.  Then I'd experiment a little.  For some onions I would dip in milk and...
What is it about the French that they can afford to eat sweets for breakfast and not gain weight?  Not fair!
@French Fries that's so pretty, is that a pastry?
Haha sounds like a very trendy paleo diet.
Opinions... everyone has one and yet we all make a killer roast.
It is the most important meal of the day!
For my olive oil bottles I fill with water and dish soap and let it sit for a while. Then I put it in the dishwasher. No scrubbing necessary.
What is it?  Anyone have one?
Yes polarizing.  NY has no BBQ tradition of its own.  There are a few BBQ places that have sprung up in recent years but I find them to be mostly trendy - furnished with reclaimed wood, drinks in mason jars and sporting rockabilly bands as entertainment.  It's all a bit contrived in the middle of the city. It's a mish mosh of different types of BBQ and mostly you'll find unseasoned meat with an assortment of sauces so there is nothing really authentic or specific....