Posts by Koukouvagia

I always make a pretty good fried fish.  I mix self-rising flour with pale ale for the batter.  Season and flour the fish before dipping it into the batter.  Then I fry it in a mixture of canola and peanut oil.   Here's what's important - as soon as it comes out of the hot oil it gets placed on a cookie rack and sprinkled with sea salt.  I don't place it on newspaper or paper towels or anything other than the wire rack.  If you wrap fried food it steams inside the...
Oh I know, we try to get upstate form time to time but honestly it can be quite difficult because hubby and I are on opposite working schedules - he works during the day on weekdays and is off on weekends, and I work weeknights and all through the weekends. I get to union square when I can and we even have a small farmers market that comes to our neighborhood on Saturdays during the summer.  Usually the stuff is pretty good but there are times I think that the...
You don't eat much of anything, okidoki. Blender - open the blender and throw in fresh spinach, frozen berries, a tablespoon of peanut butter and a liquid of your choice (milk, water, almond milk, juice etc). Blend and bottoms up. mini-microwave - I don't cook with a microwave because the food doesn't have a very nice texture but I hear lots of people use it to scramble eggs, even bake cakes in it.  Look up a website or forum of people who might know something about that,...
Steaks - yes!  In fact there was a whole episode on America's Test Kitchen about cooking a frozen steak.  If you subscribe to them you can look it up but alas only subscribers have access so I can't post here.   Burgers, not sure why not.  I cook up frozen meatballs all the time and it works great.   Salmon and chicken are tricky.  I would only attempt to poach them if still frozen.  The good news about salmon and chicken wings though is that they thaw very quickly,...
In a microwave, no. But you can line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and parchment and then cook chicken wings, salmon, chicken, pork, veggies, potatoes,or whatever you like in a real oven with excellent results. But not steak, and not burgers. For that you need to sear them in a hot pan or a grill and that yummy deliciousness is only deserved by the people who are willing to put in the time and effort of cleaning up after themselves.
I am continuously devastated by the taste of fruit and vegetables. I feel like they are trying to make us as a society forget what real food tastes like. Soon enough the flavor of real strawberries will be as real as dragons. These look great.
As you can see I'll take my eggs any way I can get them, with perfectly yellow yolks or beautifully pink.  These are all made with plentiful oil and either steamed or basted.      
On boy, if you follow me on instagram you'll know I'm posting egg pictures every other day lol. Nothing better than eggs for me. By sunny side it is meant that no heat is directly applied to the yolk. Hard to do but always a treat. I don't know what a cloche is but I do like covering the pan with a lid. I prefer generous amount of oil for my egg and the spray stuff doesn't do it for me. Usually my eggs glaze over and I don't mind however if I'm really looking for that raw...
What are you eating now?  And why do you want to make microwave meals?  Do you have access to a stove and willing to try some fresh cooking?  I guarantee that it's much easier than creating microwave meals. I store a lot of left overs in the freezer, does that count?  Like I store soups, stocks, casseroles, pot roasts and stuff like that.  I also make big batches of stock and store in the freezer in quart sized containers.  It makes it very easy and simple to whip up a...
What eventual move?