or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

I would also cube the meat, not sliced.  I would do just as the recipe asks except I would only add half the tomato.  Adding a little tomato early will make a very beautiful complex dish, deep and dark.  After you've cooked the meat slowly until it's tender I would then add the rest of the tomato and let it cook for about 10 minutes before adding the beans.  I would also add a chunk of parmesan rind to this.
 Absolutely everyone uses convenience foods.  Some are better than others and we all have our preferences.  If you wanted to start a discussion about that then do that.  Your OP was not clear about that, and neither was the title.  I look forward to that kind of discussion, eventhough we've had it numerous times here on the forum.
This is a cooking forum.  We discuss how to make mayo.  How to make pancakes.  How to make food, not how to buy convenience food and how to reheat convenience food.  It seems an odd stance to take on a forum where the members feel passionate about real food and fresh ingredients.  I agree that the medical community is always evolving in what's right and what's wrong.  But I try to live up to my signature quote because I like how I feel when I eat real food, and because I'm...
I don't know why you would bother with convenience here, a fresh batch of hungry jack pancakes is the fastest convenience food I can think of, defrosting pancakes and making a fresh batch take the same amount of time and effort.
Not sure why BDL left, I seem to recall that there was an exodus here a few years ago when a certain predatory member caused a lot of strife among the boards.  She left and may have taken with her BDL and KYHeirloomer too whom I was always fond of.  RPM got married and ditched us.  It's weird to recall past members here, we don't really know each other but we form a camaraderie.
If you like a strong cheesy taste then make sure you use strong cheeses like sharp cheddar, parmesan, gruyere, taleggio.  Use a tangier mustard too, dijon or strong english mustard.  Sometimes if you add too much heat to a mac n cheese you drown out the subtle flavors of cheese, nutmeg and any herbs you use.  
Maybe it's a cultural thing but we eat salads all throughout winter here.  Some of the best greens are available in winter like cabbage and hard greens.
 Then why didn't you tell me?  Why am I only finding this out now?   For me parboiling has its uses.  There are times I like to roast my potatoes hard and fast and other times I like to parboil first.  I like both results and the variety they provide.  There is no wrong way to do potatoes.  The only thing I cannot abide by is a dry potato - I want it soaking in olive oil or butter or both.  Parboiling in this case allowed for deep marination of these potatoes.  I could...
They'll keep for a day or 2 but they'll never be as good as new. You can try to lightly griddle them with butter or warm them up on the oven. But they won't be light and fluffy ever again.
What are you cooking outdoors this summer?  It's gonna be a hot one!   I can't BELIEVE I've never thought of doing this until now.  Grilled potatoes, oh boy were they good.    I started by cutting thick slices of yukons and parboiling until almost cooked through.  While still hot I tossed them in a marinade of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh rosemary, minced garlic, salt/pepper.  Once they cooled we put them on the grill with pecan chips smoke.       In the...