or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

I wasn't around back then to know Papa but I can vouch for the method. When I used to snorkel and catch octopi we brought them to shore and threw them against a rock for an hour or so to tenderize.Maybe it does get tougher if you cook it longer, that's what happens to calamari.I braise it in a pot with onion, garlic, and chili. I let it braise in its own juice and add no liquid.
Wow! Excellent choice of course, congrats chefbuba!
I think they are great with BBQ. I like to serve them as a salad with cherry tomatoes after I blanch them. Or sautéed with garlic and chilis is good too. Can't go wrong with green beans if you ask me!
I use vermouth. Always on hand.
Over the past few days Stewed lamb Traditional Cretan wedding pilaf made with goat broth and goat butter Toast with mortadella and wilted amaranth greens Wine braised rabbit stew Sautéing local sausage
#2 might be tarragon but it's not oregano.
Well I'm in Greece now and pork ribs are not eaten here. Don't know why since pork is the number one selling meat. Butchers are a bit obtuse about these things and whenever I ask them for a particular cut they look at me like I'm a three headed alien. Just yesterday I was looking for pork belly. Now pork belly strips are a favorite around here so they all sell them. So I asked for a whole piece of pork belly so I could grill it (for the challenge) but it doesn't occur to...
I've never liked scones, I prefer muffins and you just gave me the idea to bake lemon muffins.  I don't even know if there is such a thing. In the what's for dinner thread you said you were vegan but vegans don't use milk or butter.  Did you mean that you're vegetarian?
It depends on what you consider low and slow.  There are cuts of meat that benefit from low and slow and there are cuts of meat (like tenderloin) where it's just a waste of time.
I think we all have our own interpretation of terminology. Cooking is very personal after all. But also people's tastes differ vastly. I'm in Greece at the moment and the type of meat Americans enjoy is thought of as disgusting here. Here meat is overcooked no matter what the cut. The drier the better. The harder the better. Going to people's houses for dinner here makes my jaw ache. But they love it, what can I say?