or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

Yupadoddle
Fried smelts and fried anchovies.  
No, can't be because nothing can be poached while it's simmering.
I just love traveling to Greece
Can't argue with this. But still, when I set out to make a meal like this I can't call it a braise. A braise in my kitchen is a a slow thing, set it and forget it. While this is a quick cooking method, can't leave the kitchen for a second while cooking this way. All technicalities aside it is what it is. It might be a braise but it needs the attention of a sautée. I really think a new term should be coined.
 I don't think so.  A braise has a distinct purpose, and that is to slowly cook meat and break down connective tissue.  Slow cooking is engrained in a braise.  But a pork chop or a chicken breast does not need to braise.  This is a quick thing, a quick sautee, then a deglaze, and then finishing off the cooking in the sauce.
There is also confit.I don't call this frying, just sautéing. And I don't use water, I use stock or wine or cream or a combo of them all. I don't know what it is technically referred to.
Hijacked by whom?
 There are cases where this would be true, but also not.  I remember one time a guy cooked for me and he really did a very fine job, setting the mood, the candles, he made fresh linguine a vongole and I came in during the process.  I of course held my tongue but I so so so much wanted to stop him from overcooking the poor clams who were first steamed, then removed from the shell, chopped and put back into the sauce to continue overcooking while the pasta turned to mush....
    Always interesting to read how men perceive women to be around food.  In this strange and diet obsessed culture women aren't even allowed to enjoy food anymore but your observations could not be more wrong, or at least they are only right for a portion of women around.  Obviously women are people and people come in all shapes and sizes.  Not all women are scared to eat in front of men and for goodness' sake, not all women want to eat a salad on a first date.  That is...