or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

Well howdy all, the ribs came out alright for our first time. They were a bit over rubbed for my taste, and a little dry though we did our best to keep them moist. But everyone went crazy for them so what do I know? The tips were in the smoker just as long but I think next time after they german but of smoke I'll wrap them. Heck I think I'll wrap the ribs too. There was a bit of dryness with our pork butt too, perhaps our heat is too high. Boiled corn then roasted...
I don't like those rib tips but I'm pretty sure it's because we're not cooking them right. We had to cut them off because they wouldn't fit in our smoker all in one piece lol. We're doing an American BBQ @butzy, SE Asian is just not our cup of tea around here.
Those sound awesome! I can't wait to try these. For today I'm keeping them cobbed but will make an herb butter to roll them in!
What do you do with corn? I like serving it on the cob with a little butter but that seems boring. What do you do to your cobs?
Our next attempt at using the smoker is for ribs, yeehaw! Our first attempt was a few years ago with a brisket, and last month we smoked a pork butt. I live spare ribs so we are setting out to do it today. The ribs have been rubbed and waiting. We cutoff the tips. Those always get so tough and chewy, what do y'all do with them?
Phatch I agree that marinades affect the texture of the meat. And they affect the sear as well. I'm not against it though for specific purposes like making souvlaki or a good tandoori. But large pieces of meat like a chicken or a pork butt? What's the point?
Who was knocking marinade? Nobody. But if you get a good chicken from a trustworthy purveyor then then flavor will be there. You know what chicken needs a marinade? A boneless skinless breast from one of the big name poultry giants. There is nothing wrong with marinades other than they're really unecessary.
Tell me about these deep fried pancakes
Thank you for findin that Sylvia, it seems Pete's other passion was dancing. Such a zest for life and living.
I'm so sad to hear this news, my sympathies are with his family. We have lost a great chef and wonderful contributor to Cheftalk and he will be missed. One of his last submissions was to the Show Us Your Face thread, all things happen for a reason and I'm so glad we got to see his smiling self before he left us.