or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

There are a lot of vegetables and it will be a time consuming project, but a very delicious project in my opinion.  Vegetables are very versatile.  They can be eaten raw, in salads, steamed, roasted, sauteed, there's no wrong combination of vegetables so the possibilities are endless.  For example, if you want to try arugula I would first eat it in a salad, preferably with balsamic vinegraite as the slight sweetness of the vinegar compliments the peppery arugula so well....
 I wouldn't use a spoon to eat any pasta.  I used a fork and it twirled nicely.  
One pot meals are the first thing that pops into my mind.   Risotto!   Soups like lentil, navy bean, beef barley, chicken rice, all those can be done cheaply.   Stews - although since you're in class all day I agree with the others that said buy a crockpot.  I've heard you can even make lasagna in a crock pot.   Proteins such as chicken breast, steak, pork chops or sausage in one burner, and on the other burner cook rice, couscous, farroh, quinoa, or legumes to...
Different lettuces have different textures. What kind of lettuce are you eating? Bib lettuce is very soft, frisée is very frizzy, romaine has a satisfying crunch, endive and radicchio are bitter, and arugula has a very peppery flavor. I suggest not giving up until you find the lettuce you like, it can be fun. How you cut the vegetables has a dramatic impact on how it feels in your mouth. For a salad I like my carrots grated, you can do the same with other veggies too. Try...
Yes, bucatini is great @Mike9  I know it primarily as the noodle I use for pasticcio but I do like it for pasta dishes too.  It's very hard to plate lol, I had a heck of a time trying to get that to look pretty.   If I may digress, I was listening to the Sporkful podcast - if you don't know it you should try listening, they dissect the mouthfeel of foods, it's kinda fun http://www.sporkful.com/  And in this episode they were talking about the perfect pasta shapes, split...
Bucatini with mushrooms in a cream sauce
@Luc_H this is a topic you are obviously passionate about but it does no use to argue with the people that visit the site, we're all serious cooks with a passion for good ingredients that we do out best to obtain. If only it was easy and affordable to buy the quality of foods I wish I could. I've never heard of the term food transparency before.
Stellar!
True, but on the other hand it is difficult for some to know that there are many unecessary terms for sugar.  Honey should be exempt, as should agave I think but the rest are purposefully deceptivebarley malt beet sugar brown sugar buttered syrup cane-juice crystals cane sugar caramel carob syrup corn syrup corn syrup solids date sugar dextran dextrose diatase diastatic malt ethyl maltol fructose fruit juice fruit juice concentrate glucose glucose solids golden...
@phatch I do like sage, I used to not like it.  But only because the only sage I had was dried wild sage that my Mother foraged in Krete.  The taste is unbearably strong and I react to it the same way I react to cilantro. Blehh!  I have found that the sage I find here in the US is much milder and softer and is actually quite nice.  I already put the thyme in there, adding sage may be just the thing to tickle my husband's taste buds!    @Skyler  I love the idea of putting...