or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

I definitely want to make a dish with chestnuts, maybe a soup!   I never cook on T-day, we always go to someone else's house for dinner.  But I'm always asked to bring in my corn pudding and spicy sweet potato mash.
Bread pudding with panettone!
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/yesss.gif   Thank you Jarmo, I'm so glad everyone liked my barbacoa and green bean stew!  Everyone's entries were so so good and it was a great topic this month.  I'll put my thinking cap on and have a new challenge posted by tomorrow.  Thanks for hosting Jarmo and see you all next month!
What is a tomato fondue?? That sounds super interesting!
Stews. Not only is it easier to prep the day before but it's also tastier the next day. I would consider doing short ribs, that's a very elegant New Years dinner. Almost any kind of slow roasted meat like lamb shoulder. Or you can make a beef ale stew and then the next day bake it into individual steak and ale pies. Make the pastry the night before and refrigerate until you're ready to use it. You can also stuff a pork loin the night before and stick it in the oven the...
No, not everybody. I'd never order that. Nothing wrong with fancy of course but brunch is a very comforting experience, I like to stick to the basics.I love the idea of the ricotta pancakes!!
When it comes to brunch, a signature dish can make you a neighborhood favorite.  I don't know how one would go about making brunch Italian-inspired, I don't believe that Italians even eat brunch.  Brunch is an american thing, stick to seasonal foods and good quality ingredients and you're golden.  I think it's a cool idea to make individually portioned french toast casseroles.  Easy to prep the day before and you could use left over Italian bread.   There is a pasta egg...
I was trying to be funny, didn't work. Be truthful, it's the best way. This reminds me of a time that one of my friends got a job waiting tables at a very fancy restaurant. He told me that all the coffee they served was decaf regardless of what the customer ordered. They just lied about it.
 Those last 2 questions does not mean you have an uninformed customer, it means you have a customer who wants to know what's in his/her food.  
A better way to denote simple sugars on labels is to mark them in some way. No, it's not a good idea to label everything as sugar because there is a big difference between HFCS and honey for example. But they should be highlighted or underlined or bolded or followed by an S for sugar or something.