or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

@jake t buds it's pretty simple thought I don't remember the original recipe that siduri posted.  I think it's pretty close to the original though.   1 head of cauliflower broken into florets 3 cloves garlic, sliced 1/3 cup olive oil fresh chili or chili flakes (to your liking) salt/pepper parmesan or pecorino   In a large skillet warm the garlic and chili gently until it begins to sizzle slightly.  Then add the cauliflower and sautee for a minute or two.  Turn to...
I'm just glad that people are starting to cook again. The 70's and 80's in particular were a vacuum of processed junk.
Sad to read this.  I wouldn't call this a variation, more of a b*****rdization. But look on the bright side - at least you have learned what not to do in your own restaurant someday.
I've often wondered this myself.  There are many members that I miss and he is one of them.
Thanks @rpooley it's not curry.
Found a beautiful golden cauliflower at TJ's and made @siduri 's beautiful pan roasted cauli pasta dish.
Wow we had braised cabbage and kielbasa just yesterday!
All nice and good when cooking for yourself, not so good when you're expecting company. I like to have an approximate idea of when the food will be ready so I can serve my guests. Anyway that's beside the point since this is not what the OP was even asking.
it's funny how such long standing practices, some thousands of years old, come in and out of fashion. Just give me good food. That's all I care about. I live in NYC so now we are in the midst of house brewed beers and liquors and every item of menus is "locally sourced." I do worry that the next step is to name the animal in the menu. I do care that protein comes from well treated animals and so I worry when labeling laws become restricting. Whole animal roasting is...
 That's the perfect description of what happens to eye round when I braise it, it is dry and crumbly, very hard to slice or serve nicely.  And even with a lot of gravy the texture of crumbled meat is not so pleasant.