or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

Why does a chicken need to be low and slow? It's tender as it is. Hubby wants to raise the temp to 350 and cut the time.
Yea I remember making a cheesecake where I forgot to put in the sour cream and it was really really heavy and cheesy.  I'm also careful about the crust, I usually make my crust with lady fingers because they are light and delicious, but cookie cracker crusts are very dense and too sweet for me too.  I'd rather have a big old piece of fluffy cheesecake than a thin small slice of dense cheesecake.  Preferences.
Also we have a vertical chicken prop. We're not doing a beer can chicken. Is it better to toast the chicken propped upright or just lay it down on the grill? We're using our weber grill btw.
I'm seeing recipes that range between 1-8 hrs. A little input is needed here thanks! We want to do this today!
@butzy it's not confusing just for you, I grew up in America and have lived in the north and south and I'm still confused about the terminology to use. I understand the technical difference between grilling and smoking but we say "come to our BBQ" or "we're having a cookout". BBQ is a loaded term.
Steak steak steak!  Everyone loves a good steak.  And for a big party I like skirt steak, so cheap and easy.  Shrimp skewers are so easy and everyone loves them too.  Or, you could go Long Island clam bake!
  Mmmmm, grits
Steak steak steak.
Then make matlouh or use the BBQ. There's always a way! These challenges are meant to be challenging.
I believe this is the first baking challenge we've had.  Good luck to us all!