or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

I don't really understand this.  You gotta eat, right?  So you have at least a couple of opportunities each day to cook or prepare something to eat. It doesn't take a lot of money to make a meal, in fact most people cook at home in order to save money. There are plenty of opportunities to learn on a daily basis.  You make one thing at a time and learn as you go.  You can't learn all in one day whether you like your eggs scrambled, fried, poached or hardboiled.  Pick a...
I confess...    Inside my freezer right now there is a tub of cool whip... I swear it's a one-time thing, a moment of weakness.  It doesn't mean anything and I'm never going to do it again.
I've purposely kept this dish as simple as possible.  Just a few good ingredients coming together to make a simple and tasty dinner.  This dish is VEGAN, no butter, no cheese, but hubby did grate some cheese on his portion at the table.   Tomato Risotto with fried okra garnish   Risotto ingredients: Tomatoes, onions, olive oil, water, salt/pepper Okra ingredients: Okra, flour, olive oil, salt/pepper      
All of us who have hosted a challenge obviously have our own criteria for what a winning dish will be. However this is a diverse group of cooks and everyone is going to bring their own spirit to what they cook. Sure, you will decide the winning dish but this challenge should not be geared towards pleasing you, it's about getting in the kitchen and making a great dish and sharing it with all of us. The challenge is meant to inspire people into cooking and sharing and if...
You could've tried cooking so many things in the time it took you to make these posts. Go and cook something, that's how you learn. I have a notebook with recipes in it and every time I do something different I make a note of it and how it worked or make notes like "only put half the amount of cumin next time, this was too much".
It's amazing you made your own flatbread @Planethoff !   I was served bread with pasta while in Italy.  I think the carb on carb thing is a diet mentality rule.  If I told my mother she'd have to eat her pasta without bread she would probably cry and that's not sexy.
"What grows together goes together" is a common saying especially amongst those who eat seasonally.  A good recipe book for that is "Jamie at Home" where he cooks things from his garden and the dishes are chalkful of recipes using ingredients that grow together.     I'm not so good with the reading technical books, I find them boring and prefer to spend the little time I have reading novels.  As a home cook I've learned mostly by watching cooking shows and trying to...
Feel better!
People who become vegetarian because they believe in animals rights DO know this.  There are lots of people who are vegetarians because they don't like meat, or can't afford meat, or don't eat it for religious reasons etc.  My grandmother is a vegetarian because she doesn't like meat, but she doesn't know anything about rennet and would eat parmesan if I gave it to her.  I don't want to make any presumptions on the OP's intentions with the thread but I suspect that...
 Are these vegetarian?  Get them over to the challenge!