or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

Grate it, melt it, sprinkle it, spread it. Let's see what you can do with everyone's favorite dairy item... Cheese!
Thanks @Chefross for liking my dish, there were some really good ones recently.  And thank you for hosting! These challenges seem to be losing steam but I'm hoping that the autumn bounty approaching they'll pick up again in popularity.  The challenges really give me reason to push myself and I've become a better cook because of it.     I've narrowed it down and will post the new challenge by morning!
Are you saying I should use those for when I want to make a caesar?  Cause they sell them right around the block from me at the greek market.
 Jonathan Schmock
 It all depends.  Believe me, I try to use as little water as I need.  This is fine for short noodles, it's easy to get away with.  Try doing it with linguini and you'll have a hot mess on your hands, I know cause I've tried it.  The ends of my linguini noodles (or any long pasta) stick together and stay hard.   Knowing first hand how small most electric kettles are the OP will need more than one boiling to cover any noodle.
Did you make that @kuan ?
I use the Amore brand tomato paste and they also have anchovy paste.  I've never bought it.  I always open up a fresh can of anchovies each time I need anchovy paste but I don't use all of it, and then I store it away but throw it out.  Does the anchovy paste keep well because of how much salt is in it?
My Mother uses this method and I can tell you from having witnessed it, it saves a heck of a lot of time.  The electric kettle boils water in a minute flat!  Depending on how much pasta you need to cook you may need a couple of batches of kettle boiled water.  I personally wouldn't feel the need to heat up the pot but you can, why not?   I disagree with Chefross about the amount of water it takes to boil pasta.  More water is better.  Crowding a pot of water with pasta...
 I'm afraid so.  You may want to read that book, it's fascinating how our food supply is engineered these days. The key to tender chicken breast is simple: don't overcook it and make sure it is cut into a shape that has even thickness through out.  Butterflying works really well for this and there are videos that are easy to follow like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySB2jgO1ljU