or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

A classic and lovely dish.  Any recommendations @French Fries?   You may want to visit your local butcher and ask about a rooster.  It's not something that is on hand all the time but I find that if you simply ask they can put in an order for you especially.  If you can't find rooster you may find a hen in the supermarket on short notice.  It makes a difference in the long cooking process though a chicken will do fine if you can't find either.   Any starch you serve it...
Not sure how to help but just want to say I'd love to read articles about any of those topics!  I'm especially interested in the topic of tourist traps and fast food.  What is it about these things that make people flock when I try to run as quickly away as possible?     Also <-- dedicated yelper here.  When I'm writing my reviews I feel like I'm really contributing valuable information to other consumers but the review gets buried among reviewers who are not good...
It won't stick without a little oil.  Try peanut or roasted sesame oil.  Or try adding a little natural peanut butter, it has enough fat to stick.
I'm not sure why you would sous vide fish skin by itself, I imagine it would come out soggy and gloopy. I roast fish skin and I like how it comes out. Just make sure that it is seasoned first and coated with a little bit of oil and place it on parchment paper because it sticks. Keep the oven hot but don't take your eyes off it for more than a few seconds because it can go from golden brown to charcoal dust in a flash. Or you can use a torch for quicker results but it...
@Jimyra nice dish, very intense! I have 2 questions. Does the creole sauce cook with the chicken or is it a condiment that you keep in the fridge? Also, why do you add granulated garlic and onion when there is already fresh in the recipe? Does it add texture or flavor?
When my family owned a hot dog shop we made chili that was famous around our parts in ole Virginie.  The secret was to use onion skins in the stock.  You heard it here first.
It's never a good idea to place a hot dish in the refrigerator.  A rotisserie chicken is tender and can easily be broken apart with your hands.  Even splitting the chicken down the middle lengthwise first would have been a good way to make it cool down quickly before placing in the fridge.  I do usually allow the chicken to come down to room temp before putting in the fridge.
 According to wiki "Types of casserole include ragout, hotpot, cassoulet, tajine, moussaka, lasagne, shepherd's pie, gratin, rice or macaroni timballo, and carbonnade."   You never know, we're all from different parts of the world on the forum so I want to be sure.  My grandmother is a little old greek lady who has never cooked anything in the oven in her life so it's a little different haha.  I'll be sure to stick something in the oven this month though and you be the judge.
My least favorite ingredient in hummus is tahini.  I find that many restaurants make hummus with a lot of tahini.  Sabra is my favorite store-bought.  I have't made hummus in a while!
I love cooking in my creuset so this will be great when I get back to the states later this month!  Question though, not really sure what a casserole is NOT.  Is a stew a casserole?  A one pot meal?  Is lasagna a casserole for example?  Casserole is not a word that I am familiar with in day to day lingo so a little clarification would be helpful!