or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

Thanks @rpooley it's not curry.
Found a beautiful golden cauliflower at TJ's and made @siduri 's beautiful pan roasted cauli pasta dish.
Wow we had braised cabbage and kielbasa just yesterday!
All nice and good when cooking for yourself, not so good when you're expecting company. I like to have an approximate idea of when the food will be ready so I can serve my guests. Anyway that's beside the point since this is not what the OP was even asking.
it's funny how such long standing practices, some thousands of years old, come in and out of fashion. Just give me good food. That's all I care about. I live in NYC so now we are in the midst of house brewed beers and liquors and every item of menus is "locally sourced." I do worry that the next step is to name the animal in the menu. I do care that protein comes from well treated animals and so I worry when labeling laws become restricting. Whole animal roasting is...
 That's the perfect description of what happens to eye round when I braise it, it is dry and crumbly, very hard to slice or serve nicely.  And even with a lot of gravy the texture of crumbled meat is not so pleasant.
We do enjoy discussing things here and I don't think it came to a dead end. We are doers and don't feel the need to redo something we already know doesn't yield good results. As a matter of fact you're the one who gave us a list of things not to talk about so you can't have it both ways. It was you who started a similar discussion about eye or round a few weeks back and you were unhappy with the results of that discussion and how the dish turned out as well. Maybe it's...
 This is a forum of professional cooks and passionate home cooks.  We all have experience with this cut in various ways and have done our research through trial and error.  You may be in a stage where you want to experiment with this cut, but we've all been there already and there's no point in going back.  I'm actually very passionate about cheap cuts of meat and making them spectacular dishes worthy of a holiday table and have been through lots of trial and error stuff...
Any pot roast recipe will do, just make sure you make lots of sauce.  You can get it so that it falls apart although it won't be unctious and pleasant, but it will be tasty and edible.     I wonder if this would braise better if it was butterflied and laced with pancetta or bacon.  
I've never enjoyed Spanish oils for the exact reasons Phatch likes them. If you ever come across Sitia olive oil try it, it's the brand that my own trees contribute to.