or Connect

Posts by Koukouvagia

I love cooking.  I hate chopping onions and de-veining shrimp.  And I hate peeling garlic which is why I buy peeled garlic.  And I hate cleaning pans that were used for cooking lamb.  What's your least favorite prep job?   My favorite jobs are chopping vegetables aside from onions.
Thanks @Mike9 I love a good warm potato salad.  It's a comfort food.  Yours looks very good, duck fat is a great idea!  No duck here but I'm tempted to use bacon fat next time.
My first meal since arriving in Greece. Potato salad with a fresh soft boiled egg, olive oil, homemade vinegar and fresh oregano from the garden.  And so it begins.  Stay tuned for this year's batch of foodie photos from my travels.    
Has anyone ever eating avocado chocolate mousse?  It's chocolate mousse but made with avocado instead of dairy.  It's delicious.
Which neutral oil do you think is best?  I stay away from vegetable oils for health reasons and I'm looking for a neutral oil that I can use for making mayo.  I only have olive, coconut and peanut oil.
People of a certain generation go all crazy when they hear the word "fat"  But what kind of fat are we talking.  Are we talking bacon fat?  No!  Suffice it to say that the fat in avocado is a type of fat that your body desperately needs.   You don't need a recipe for a fruit.  Just put it in your salad and eat it.  It's a fruit for crying out loud.   I too do not enjoy cooked avocado.
I put them into the batter.  
 He was talking about milk in the bolognese, not the mac n cheese.
@Lagom it's been a tough year for you and your little ones.  Speedy recovery!   We made steak, but these little crash hots were the real star
My husband is vicariously submitting his salad through me. Romaine, orange tomatoes, capers, avocado, asiago