Posts by Koukouvagia

Wonderful, we haven't had a mushroom challenge for years!
Oh he's overloading on rice noodles 
@Peachcreek it's January 2nd and we really need our winner so we can get on with our next challenge please.
Thanks but bones=marrow=fatFat free diets are not easy my friends. Thanks goodness I don't have to eat this way.
This is not about health because this is a very unhealthy diet, especially for us Greeks who have olive oil coursing through our veins. It is a strict temporary diet meant to prevent bike from coursing through the gallbladder.
That's great news for a happy new year!
 A tiny tiny bit.  I got 99% fat free ground turkey and the cod has how much fat?  Not much I don't think.  That's the only fat in the dish.  It's nearly impossible to eat fat free, try it.
Update: Hubby is still plodding through this impossible dietary restriction but he's making the best of it.  He's taking a leading role in the kitchen and coming up with interesting things and I'm helping, advising, and putting finishing touches on his dishes.  Here are a couple of highlights.  These dishes use proteins that are extremely low fat, and there is no oil at all in the preparation.   Poached cod, root veg, vegetable broth with lemongrass, ginger,...
I think it's ok to cook this as a "roast" if it's for Italian beef sandwiches and cold cuts.
@Pete we're looking into making dashi, heading out to a Japanese market tomorrow. Thanks! @butzy I got hubby a rotisserie attachment for his Weber grill and we want to cook something out soon. A chicken perhaps to start with. Good idea.