or Connect

Posts by Gunnar

various reasons are possible...if it's posted in the Professional chef section it may be being viewed by non-professionals that are not supposed to post here, though they could PM a response if they wished. Secondly, people may not have an answer. Third they may be too busy to post and will get back to you. Fourth, every time you open the thread it counts as a view too, so just how many different people are checking the thread is up in the air.   so what was the...
are you talking about the tempura sprinkles? it's just drizzled tempura batter in a deep fryer. I haven't seen puffed rice in any sushi place I have been to. hmmm,may have to go check that place out.
well it's been just over three months since I started as the Head of Catering things are going mostly ok. Got my benefits and start accruing vacation and sick pay. My friend that got me the job kind of turned into a bit of a jerk....he's been mellowing out this last month, mostly due to his parents house selling and him getting a good chunk of inheritance. He is going to start his own catering company and it looks like I am going to get promoted to his job as Head...
I could say quite a bit about pizza at this point but I am just going to say that a mix of shredded mozz (50%) shredded jack (30%) and shredded parm or even asiago (20%) makes for a good mix. You can dink around with the percentages to get the flavor you like. Also there are plenty of places to find a really decent gluten free pizza crust recipe so you can actually taste what you are cooking.... isn't that part of what cooking is about? If my computer wasn't in storage...
So a couple of people know but not sure what may have been passed around..I am getting divorced.  Between that and my new job and the fact my own computer is still in storage I just have a hard time being able to devote time here right now.   The divorce is going well enough, no lawyers and we are still friendly though a bit uncomfortable around each other. When we actually see each other as we still live over 200 miles apart.   My job is going great. I am...
I really can't imagine anything being better or faster then a good knife and sure hands...sorry
cook pants do that, but are so much more comfortable then jeans that i wear my cook pants and old jackets for daily projects around the house and such..at least i used to..not too many projects these days but then i am now getting a divorce. Otherwise to the OP wear a chefs coat it does have it's uses, and they do look cool, I don't care what that guy at mens warehouse told me.
Yep, had to do some house cleaning and now we need two grill cooks and a dishwasher. Anyone in the North Bay Area looking for work should message me. I will then give you my e-mail address so can send me a resume and I will pass it on to my Chef. Dishwashers just message me,  all we ask is that you have reliable transportation.
The schooling is more for management and business training.  Yes, having kitchen status is nice but I know I am lacking in some skills still and am thankful that my friend is the chef. Been a real busy week, i have been placed in charge of the catering mainly and helping with daily specials. The line cooks have no imagination and only one has any passion for cooking. Seriously, I asked everyone at one point and time what their favorite meal from their station was, be it...
two words: Quickfire Challenge!