or Connect

Posts by pjm333

I did not see it mentioned above but I might of missed it, your health / body is something to think about. I started in the restaurant business in my teens and now at 48 my career is starting to be a concern of mine. This business can be hard on the body and you might want to consider if you want to be cooking full time into your 60's. 
All frozen whites are all the same, used many brands over the years with the same results. 
Been using this recipe for years with great success, I use frozen egg whites/thawed right out of the fridge.   Macaroons           300 Degrees Convection Oven   2 # 10X 1 # Blanched Almond Flour 2 Cups egg whites 1 Cup Superfine Sugar Coloring either dry or wet                          Sift 10X & Almond Flour, Beat whites till stiff and add sugar & beat till sugar is dissolved & add color. Fold in 10X mixture in 3 stages, pipe out onto silpat & I let sit about 10...
use a ice cream scoop for portion control
Here is a general fruit puree glaze.   6 C fruit puree 2 C Glucose 20 gelatin / Soaked & Drained        Bring to simmer 2 C Puree & Glucose, add gelatin and mix to melt. Add remaining 4 C puree.
A simple garnish for a salad is to peel a cucumber and make long julienne strips on a mandoline or just make long strips of cucumber.
Sour cream & yogurt will work as a substitute 
Siduri,   It is baked in the shell, I just heat it up a little to evenly distribute the ingredients. I don't remember the number of pies it makes. 
Here is a recipe for plum pie,   9 1/2 # PLUMS- CLEANED 6 CUPS SUGAR 1 CUP CORNSTARCH 1 T SALT 10 T LEMON JUICE                                 MIX SUGAR & CORNSTARCH AND SALT IN A LARGE STAINLESS STEEL BOWL, ADD FRUIT AND LEMON JUICE AND MIX TO COMBINE. OVER LOW HEAT/FLAME MIX PIE MIXTURE TILL IT COMES TOGETHER AND HOMOGENIZED. ADD TO YOUR RAW PIE SHELL AND COVER WITH TART DOUGH STREUSEL ETC.                               
This tiramisu can be used as a mousse or in a glass like you want.    TIRAMISU   1 # MARSCAPONE CHEESE 2 CUPS HEAVY CREAM 5 OZ 10X 2 T INSTANT COFFEE / 1 T HOT WATER 2 GELATIN SHEETS 1 CUP EGG WHITES 4 OZ SUGAR                           MIX HOT WATER & INSTANT COFFEE, SOFTEN GELATIN IN COLD WATER. MIX GELATIN AND INSTANT COFFEE AND HEAT TO DISSOLVE. BEAT CHEESE, 10X & CREAM TO SOFT PEAK, REMOVE ABOUT 1 CUP OF MIX AND ADD GELATIN MIXTURE AND MIX...