or Connect

Posts by pjm333

All frozen whites are all the same, used many brands over the years with the same results. 
Been using this recipe for years with great success, I use frozen egg whites/thawed right out of the fridge.   Macaroons           300 Degrees Convection Oven   2 # 10X 1 # Blanched Almond Flour 2 Cups egg whites 1 Cup Superfine Sugar Coloring either dry or wet                          Sift 10X & Almond Flour, Beat whites till stiff and add sugar & beat till sugar is dissolved & add color. Fold in 10X mixture in 3 stages, pipe out onto silpat & I let sit about 10...
use a ice cream scoop for portion control
Here is a general fruit puree glaze.   6 C fruit puree 2 C Glucose 20 gelatin / Soaked & Drained        Bring to simmer 2 C Puree & Glucose, add gelatin and mix to melt. Add remaining 4 C puree.
A simple garnish for a salad is to peel a cucumber and make long julienne strips on a mandoline or just make long strips of cucumber.
Sour cream & yogurt will work as a substitute 
Siduri,   It is baked in the shell, I just heat it up a little to evenly distribute the ingredients. I don't remember the number of pies it makes. 
Here is a recipe for plum pie,   9 1/2 # PLUMS- CLEANED 6 CUPS SUGAR 1 CUP CORNSTARCH 1 T SALT 10 T LEMON JUICE                                 MIX SUGAR & CORNSTARCH AND SALT IN A LARGE STAINLESS STEEL BOWL, ADD FRUIT AND LEMON JUICE AND MIX TO COMBINE. OVER LOW HEAT/FLAME MIX PIE MIXTURE TILL IT COMES TOGETHER AND HOMOGENIZED. ADD TO YOUR RAW PIE SHELL AND COVER WITH TART DOUGH STREUSEL ETC.                               
This tiramisu can be used as a mousse or in a glass like you want.    TIRAMISU   1 # MARSCAPONE CHEESE 2 CUPS HEAVY CREAM 5 OZ 10X 2 T INSTANT COFFEE / 1 T HOT WATER 2 GELATIN SHEETS 1 CUP EGG WHITES 4 OZ SUGAR                           MIX HOT WATER & INSTANT COFFEE, SOFTEN GELATIN IN COLD WATER. MIX GELATIN AND INSTANT COFFEE AND HEAT TO DISSOLVE. BEAT CHEESE, 10X & CREAM TO SOFT PEAK, REMOVE ABOUT 1 CUP OF MIX AND ADD GELATIN MIXTURE AND MIX...
Anyone know where I can purchase frozen egg yolks online in the 2 cup or 5 # container ? Thanks