or Connect

Posts by pjm333

bill here is the passion cheesecake.. 1 1/2 # cream cheese 1 1/2 C sugar 2 T cornstarch or 1/4 C A.P. flour 4 eggs 3/4 C sour cream 1 C passion puree 2 t salt beat cheese & sugar..scrape down sides and add remaining ingredients untill each is well blendid. ..if you dont find the passion intense enough..start with 2 cups and reduce to 1 cup.. Do you or anyone else have a milk chocolate cheesecake ? I have alot of milk choc i...
here is a new york style cheesecake i make at work,,makes about 39 9"x2 3/4" pans give or take.. 60 # cream cheese 16 # sugar 7 qt cream 20 # sour cream 2 gallons eggs 1 qt vanilla beat cheese and sugar, scrape down sides and add cream & eggs and vanilla....add sour cream and mix well...I have a good passion fruit cheesecake to.. pat
Thanks everyone for your input, I am grateful... pat..
or use 1/2 milk and 1/2 heavy cream pat
I recently made a couple of creme brulees...1 was a pear cardome creme brulee which had excellent flavor but didnt sell , then i tried a a brulee i called a double dip.. I filled 1/2 of the brulee dish with choc brulee mix and baked then added a cooked vanilla brulee mix and poured it over chilled and carmalized...was served in a glass dish and sold very well... Then i tried to pull off a tropical tiramisu with 3 layers of passion, strawberry & mango marscapone...
lately I have been thinking about writing my own pastry and cookbook and would like some ideas from other members who have done this or atleast attempted to ? Im not looking to publish or make any money what so ever, just for my own use...Just looking for ideas >>> Style, paper used..bindings..books used to help..websites..layouts..anything ideas at all basically..I have started using microsoft word to print the recipes and introduction etc but with all the members here I...
issac 1 # butter 1 # sugar -- 1/2 brown & 1/2 white or just use 1 2 # A.P flour 2 to 4 T cinn beat butter and sugar till creamy and add flour and cinn and mix on low speed till crumbly...dont overmix..you can replace some of the flour with oatmeal or nuts etc.. pat
Blendmik How about a sundried / ovendried tomato basil crust ? Process tomatoes and basil with some olive oil and spead a thin crust over the cooked fish and sprinkle with some bread crums and brown under broiler..I used to serve it with scrod and it was a big seller pat..
Pumpking brittle - 2 1/2 sheet pans 4 1/2 cups sugar 1 1/2 cups water 3 cups pumpkin seeds or any nut basically 1/2 t baking soda carmalize sugar and water and add seeds to coat. Add soda and stire well and place on lightly oiled sheet pans . Baking soda makes a softer and whiter brittle.. pat..
wizcat3 Im a little late but I thought I would post the recipe I use . Chibousts can be used as a mousse/ filling or placed on top of a baked tart and carmelized."when frozen" 2 Cups Milk 2 T sugar 6 oz yolks 2 T sugar 3 T cornstarch 8 oz whites 13 oz sugar 4 oz water 6 gelatin sheets, soaked & drained Boil Milk and sugar, Mix yolks ,sugar and starch and temper milk and return to boil and strain..add gelatin. Cool to room...