or Connect

Posts by The Penguin

Dexter-Russel or Sani-safe possibly?
your "self proclaimed chili-head" friends should know better than to wipe their eyes even after washing their hands! :eek: the wings sound great though! I love wings that burn twice ;)
well, being new to baking - I need to do it the dummy way of direct proportioning :D by that I mean increasing everything by 1/2 in order to get to the finished quantity. ;)
not really a recipe - but I like the Walkerswood brand of jerk seasoning/marinade. you can google it to find their website.
new here - stumbled across the forum while searching for something on the interwebz. I like to cook & bake. I can follow a recipe and modify a bit to suit my tastes - but I am far from a chef.
Paula Dean reminds me of old joke about "Southern Charm" Two nicely dressed ladies happen to start up a conversation during an endless wait in the LAX airport. The first lady was an arrogant California woman married to a wealthy man. The second was a well mannered elderly woman from the South. When the conversation centered on whether they had any children the California woman started by saying, "When my first child was born, my husband built a beautiful mansion for...
Paula Dean reminds me of an old joke about Southern charm: Two nicely dressed ladies happen to start up a conversation during an endless wait in the LAX airport. The first lady was an arrogant California woman married to a wealthy man. The second was a well mannered elderly woman from the South. When the conversation centered on whether they had any children the California woman started by saying, "When my first child was born, my husband built a beautiful...
I can't stand Rachel Ray. Sorry. She just rubs me the wroooooooong way I love: Good Eats Paula Dean Everyday Italian Nigella Lawson (can't remember the show name) could come and cook dog turds in my kitchen and I would eat them - if only I could get her and Giadda to come see me :smiles::smiles::smiles::smiles::smiles: I also like America's Test Kitchen on PBS when I'm around to see it.
I have a recipe for a cheesecake that calls for an 8" pan. If I wanted to upsize it to say, a 10" pan - is it as simple as mathematically increasing all the ingredient quantities? a 10" springform is approximately 1.56 times the volume of an 8" springform, so a 50% increase in all ingredients should do the trick (and keep me from doing odd things with eggs and syringes :D ) should cooking times be adjusted as well? and while I'm on cheesecakes, what is your impression...