or Connect

Posts by chiffonade

You mean like Jacqui Malouf? She's the most useless appendage since Claudine Pepin.
ITA about RR. She's a good cook - that's true. But unfortunately, TVFN personalities tend to morph into a 24/7 version of what TVFN molds them to be. All anyone remembers Emeril for is "pork fat rules" and "bam." He's so much more than that. Sweet Jesus, can I get an AMEN? :bounce: OK, spill the beans! Where does one find the Create channel? Is it offered by a specific broadcast company (like Comcast or DirecTV) or is it available to all?? Semi-Ho is...
That's just it...for the first 10 years of TVFN, my voice echoed those in the 100 percentile! This "expansion" in an attempt to broaden the audience to include people who don't cook is a mistake. TVFN Management took a good thing for people who cook and are trying to make it a "generic" thing to include those who don't care about cooking. Programming doesn't have to be 100% instructional - the "challenges" like Pizza and Wedding Cake are definitely of interest to...
So in other words, whenever a product declines, it's best to just stop using it instead of possibly giving feedback which might return it to its orginal luster? I've never found that to be true of anything worth saving. If the time comes when a new culinary network is created that more resembles what TVFN was when it started out, with quality, instructional programming - I'll be jumping ship right along with everyone else who thinks TVFN has gone to s**t. For the...
And once again I must point out that for better or worse TVFN began its life portraying itself as the place to tune to learn how to cook. This image remained intact for nearly 10 years with minimal fluff shows. Its decision to segue from this philosophy is where it lost its integrity and its credibility. Now TVFN has decided not to air Sarah Moulton - they lost Ming Tsai, David Rosengarten and Martha Stewart (to jettison Martha was a terrible blunder in judgment). ...
No one expected the TVFN to teach how to glove bone a turkey but making a basic stock or properly roasting a chicken hardly takes a culinary degree. Depending on boxes of shelf-stable garbage is not the way to teach others to cook a simple meal. As for the "semi-homemade" assets of the Trophy Wife, we, the anti-Sandra contingent refer to them as Puddin' Cups. On one of her original shows, Sandra dem0nstrated how to make a Tiramisu using pudding snacks. The...
ROFLMAO! That's called Emerilizing. Soon, Rachel Ray will have her own sitcom that will flop after three episodes. It's a shame. RR's got some good ideas for people to eat fast and well - which is especially important during weekdays. TVFN has no clue how to manage their "stable." They nuke Martha's show - some real, straightforward cooking instruction by someone who knows how to do it - and offer garbage like Semi-Homemade featuring an implant jiggling,...
TVFN has decided that hardcore foodies are simply not enough. They are making concerted efforts to woo viewers who wouldn't describe themselves as accomplished or even avid cooks. Pros? Forget it. There are so few shows left on TVFN that really teach straightforward cooking anymore. TVFN is barely a shadow of its former self. Just picture ESPN airing Wedding Garter Catching and calling it sports. TVFN was already doing Semi-Homemade - it's called 30...
The whole "it's the Food network thing..." Hmmmm...Anyone who's been watching TVFN since its inception knows that the programming was (and should continue to be) primarily comprised of cooking instruction. There are zillions of great ideas TVFN is completely missing. Instead of beating the same garbage fluff programming to death, why not try something new that is food/cooking related and interesting to those who cook? If TVFN is trying to widen its viewership to...
I probably wouldn't be so disgusted with this type of show (I too love any kind of trivia) if it didn't comprise so much of TVFN's programming lately. Things like the wedding cake show and birthday cake show at least have some measure of talent in them. I enjoyed them very much - but then any show that has Collette Peters in it can't be all bad. You get to see rising stars as well. DH and I both go to sleep insanely early because I workout in the early AM (6:00 to be...