or Connect

Posts by CalicoSkies

Just wanted to report back that I made a great mocha in my new Bialetti pot! I absolutely adore this little thing. Its so cute and really does make a great cup of coffee. I got the stainless steel model, and its gorgeous. Has a great heavy feel in your hands. Very easy to use, extremely easy to clean. Makes about 8oz cup of strong coffee. I mixed 1/3 mug coffee, 1/3 mug warm milk and 2-3T Hershey syrup. Topped with sprinkle of shaved choco, it was a pure and simple...
Pete, its the ONLY coffee I use at home, for several years now. Its excellent. I've tried so many dif coffees and this one is consistently the flavor I am looking for. Its on sale now, 2lb for $10 so give it a try! They have whole bean and ground. Makes great, smooth coffee.
Brad, thanks for the correction on my use of "espresso." And thanks for the website link! Some great info there. I already have the stuff I need, just waiting on my pot to arrive. As far as everyday coffee, I use Dunkin Donuts. For this new pot, I should get an espresso grind of something, right? I was just going to go into a coffee shop and ask them for a recommendation.
Ok, I ordered a Bialetti 6C stovetop espresso maker. Now, how do I make espresso? I know I have to buy high quality coffee in an espresso grind, correct? (I dont have a grinder) I really want to make mochas. What do I use for the chocolate? Real chocolates, cocoa powder, choco syrup? I also ordered a Nissan handpump frother, so I just need to know the ratios of espresso/chocolate something/frothed milk. And if anyone can advise me how many coffee scoops or...
Mezza, thanks for your reply. I'm happy to hear I've made a good choice! I found some other threads here that also praised the small stovetop brewers. I found the Nissan frother at Amazon, it too is stainless steel, holds 1C and you pump by hand, using hot or cold milk. Its also very cute :) I've got both at the top of my wish list for this Christmas. I really look forward to messing around with it. I'm addicted to mochas, I crave them every day. We have a new...
I am looking to buy a stovetop stainless steel 6C coffee/espresso maker. Can anyone tell me about this machine? The reviews at Amazon.com are good. I want to know if it will make espresso/coffee strong enuf for homemade mochas. I am also getting the Nissan Stainless milk frother (if I find a good stovetop coffeemaker too) Also, does anyone make their own mochas? I am curious to know how it compares to Starbucks. I cant afford $4 a day and want to learn to do...
Here in NC, I plant parsley more for caterpillars than I do to use in my cooking, altho I do that too. I plant parsley in pots and set them out in the gardens, the caterpillars eat it and then turn in to beautiful swallowtail butterflies in the summer. The butterflies love my lantana bushes. Last few summers I have had dozens of butterflies in my gardens. I do think parsley and herbs are best planted in pots, you can better contain them that way. I would love to...
Shawty, I am not a grandma, but I do have bacon drippings in my fridge! I keep about 1/2C in there at any given time. Used mostly in potato dishes. And you may say EWW at this, but when we have corn on the cob, I melt a Tbl of bacon fat into the melted butter that we drizzle on. We have a deep frier and when I am finished with the grease (after multiple uses) I just scrape it out into the trash can, is that not good to do? I dont know where else to put it. I know...
NC has Land o Lakes butter at $4.29/lb and store brand was $3.29. High, but I still buy it. We are not a margarine family. If it cant be real butter, we go without.
Thanks, Kimmie and Pongo. Attempt #2 is chilling now and it looks good. I can tell you right now that the first time I did those yolks over the dbl boiler...I didnt beat them 10min! Thanks for the "write with them" description, that helps me alot. I will let you know how the Tyler Florence recipe turns out, its the one in fridge now.