or Connect

Posts by Rainliberty

Yes, that was the question my teacher asked. It wasn't however a topic that we were going over in class, but it somehow turned into a 30 minute discussion among the students. She may have meant food from Spain exactly but didn't elaborate. My fellow classmates brought Tex-Mex food in to the conversation, while I on the other hand wanted to know mostly about upscale Mexican cuisine. (ex. Frontera Grill)
Sorry for the confusion on my part. The question my teacher asked was, "How many of you have ever eaten at a fine dining Spanish restaurant?". The conversation that followed after was mostly about Tex-Mex or chain restaurants (Los Charros, Frontera, etc) from my fellow students. I don't believe however that anyone had actually been to what I would consider an upscale restaurant. This made me want to find out if there was more to the cuisine than tacos and enchiladas. So...
Sorry for the confusion on my part. The question my teacher asked was, "How many of you have ever eaten at a fine dining Spanish restaurant?". The conversation that followed after was mostly about Tex-Mex or chain restaurants (Los Charros, Frontera, etc) from my fellow students. I don't believe however that anyone had actually been to what I would consider an upscale restaurant. This made me want to find out if there was more to the cuisine than tacos and enchiladas. So...
Well I guess Spanish cuisine as in from Mexico as opposed to cuisine from all Spanish speaking countries. Though I would be interested in any information regarding the two choices you provided.
One of my chef instructors brought up something interesting in class the other day that made me want to look in to the subject. I personally haven't had the chance to visit very many Hispanic restaurants and I've only been limited to what's available in my area. While there is quite a large number of Mexican and Tex-Mex restaurants I'm not sure if what they serve are up to date with what other restaurants might be serving in Arizona, California, Mexico, etc. If anyone is...
I say go for it. Piece of advice however, don't get a loan for all of that money to just be content with working at Wal-Mart bakery. If you're going to do this don't settle for average low-paying commercial baking because that's in all likely hood going to not make you enjoy baking anymore. As with all facets of the cooking industry, find the best bakery in your area and beg forĀ a part time job.
I have two recipes for French Onion Soup that have two different techniques and I was wondering if anyone can tell me which one is correct.One says to brown the onions in the pan and then de-glaze them. The other says to slowly cook them in their own juices being careful not to let them brown. Which one is correct?
I like the Tarte tatin idea. Also didn't think about the Tuile taking away from the pie crust. I will definitely keep that in mind. Any other suggestions?
I basically need to make a plated dessert with a sauce and a garnish. I was thinking off the top of my head to make an Apple Pie (which I believe are in season or will be when I have to make this) with Vanilla Ice Cream, Caramel Sauce, and a Cinnamon Tuile(maybe Cinnamon-Walnut) as the garnish. Does anyone else have any great dessert ideas I could try out? It's for my Baking class and I want to impress my teachers but at the same time we were warned to not try something...