or Connect

Posts by marduke

I chickened out. First time thru, I followed the recipe and used a bundt pan. Cake was excellent! Nice banana flavor.
My wife is planning on getting this grill Thursday, Char-broil 35000 BTU from Wal-mart. (model number unknown) Can't post the web site yet. Only found reviews on Wal-marts web site which were favorable. Haven't found any other reviews. Is anyone familiar with this? Comments? Would like to know what to expect. Thanks.
Hi all. After several years, I tried to grill some steaks for the 4th. Still need help. I had thin steaks, approx 1/2" thick. I marinated them 24 hrs, took them out of the fridge and let them warm up to room temp, grilled approx. 6 min. per side and let them sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting and ended up with chewy steaks. How do restaurants make that steak you can cut with a fork? I cannot get it. My son said they were good but chewy. I also have some small pork...
My son was interested in some fried rice, so I thought I'd give it a try over the weekend. Need advice. I only had Jasmine rice. So according to directions, 1 cup rice to 1-3/4 cup water in my rice cooker. Cooled. Refrigerated overnight. Next day, marinated some tofu cubes in teriyaki and garlic. Fried sliced carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms and the tofu cubes. When the carrots were soft, I tossed in the rice. When warm, I added some chopped up fried egg. Soy...
Hi all. I just made my first Tofu Peanut Butter pie. Recipe called for 1/2 cup of sugar. After sitting in the fridge overnight, I tried my first piece. I noticed a gritty feel. I'm taking it that the sugar did not dissolve completely. Without affecting the consistency, would it be possible to use 1/2 cup of light brown sugar or 3/4 cup of powdered sugar just so I can get the sugar to dissolve? :confused: Also, the pie is kind of heavy/dense. Any suggestions on...
Freezing seems to be the most popular so far. So... will freezing, using what I need, re-freezing, using what I need, re-freezing again... will this ruin the block?
I have always bought a bottle of pre-grated cheese. Parmasan or Romano. Always pre-grated. A block of parmasan is new to me. Don't know how to store it.
Need some info on this. I have a block of Parmesan left over from a previous recipe. Whats the best way to store it? Grate it all up and keep in airtight bottle in fridge? Ziplok bag in the fridge? Vacuum seal and store in the fridge? Block or grated? :confused:
Thanks everyone. The recipe I tried was a dud. It called for 4 cups of grated carrots and raisins soaked in boiling water. Was described as a "moist" cake. Cake was absolutely MUSHY. I baked it 10min over, it was a beautiful golden color and pulled away from the side of the pan. It never grew, total mush inside, biting into a soggy raisin was a disgusting feeling. I had one slice, my son had one slice, then the rest ended up in the garbage. Back to square one.
Thanks for the help everyone. It came out perfect. The Tilapia recipe had a ritz cracker/parmigan coating. Fillets were placed in lemon juice to wet the sides then coated with the mix. Placed in a olive oil coated pan, lemon and a little more oil drizzled on top. I regular baked until the fish started puffing up/cracking. Then I finished with a few minutes of convection baking to brown the crust. I must say, freshly grated parmigan cheese smells fantastic, both grated...