or Connect

Posts by Jim Berman

Some Yelp levity
To add a wrinkle... this article just broke on Restaurant News: Yelp suing a company over selling positive reviews. To paraphrase  Yes, @AllanMcPherson, I agree: "That said, I love the OP ' S media strategy of interacting with commenters of all opinions. That is really smart and sends the signal that you want in gage with all of guests, not just jump in for damage control. Very smart." If you only respond to negative feedback, you look defensive at best, sloppy at worst....
 Absolutely agree! Reputation management is but one more hat for operators to wear. Social media lends a very public voice to the otherwise unheard. Managing that voice and interacting with it is a role that must be taken seriously. A lot of people turn to the feedback on OpenTable, Yelp!, Trip Advisor, etc.
Exactly!
You're very welcome. Glad I could offer some assistance.
Great approach! To have somebody handle that possible headache is a smooth move. When I read the reviews, I usually want to jump through my computer screen and strangle the snot out of the author. Usually, when a dining experience is pleasant, there isn't much said. But, allow a water glass to fall under half-full and... let loose the dogs of restaurant warfare!   The usual argument for/against social media: the veil of anonymity combined with the empowerment meshes with...
Water that is too hot will render Quat Amonium, iodine and chlorine sanitizers less effective. The recommended range is 55-120F. Hope this helps!
I had the opportunity to freelance a piece for The Braiser about chefs that are star-worthy but not quite celebrities (including a Chef Talk icon! Can you spot him?) Any you would add to the list?   http://www.thebraiser.com/the-best-chefs-in-america-youve-never-heard-of/#1  
@foodpump beat me to it!  Here's what you are looking for:
Had the absolute pleasure to review the "Rocco" knife roll from Savage Supply Co. I think the review fits nicely into this thread: