or Connect

Posts by Jim Berman

I just ended my run as a chef-instuctor in a high school after 11 years. Any insight I can share, please ask.
Network with your salespeople/vendors... The USFoods/Sysco guys always have a pulse on what places need kitchen staff as well as when somebody becomes available.
The chef debate is as old as... well... cooking in a kitchen. There have been many iterations on ChefTalk over the years. Just came across a fabulous that sheds a lot of light on the topic; it doesn't answer the question, nor does it take sides. Alas, it is good reading. Check out http://madfeed.co/post/76327285572/paris-cooks-chefs-mad-alexander-lobrano when you get a quiet moment to absorb.
^^ what @kaneohegirlinaz said! I write a few of those pieces and am always trying to get some readers. Welcome to ChefTalk, @triddick1!
I am willing to part with my copy if anybody is interested. Drop me a PM and I will send it your way.
I, too, have the DVD collection and go back to it from time to time. REALLY funny stuff and some fairly accurate details in cooking. Highly recommend!
Hey, Logs! Welcome! This is a great place to exchange ideas and get answers/offer insight when the need arises. And we are a friendly bunch. We'll keep it lively for you. What type of operation are you involved with in Montana?
Ok, ok.... I'm back with more questions than comments. So, I have dusted through Grain Brain and I have more concerns/questions/trivia than I do answers. I have read Dr. Perlmutter's prognostication; I have processed what he has said and, from his eminent authority, still can't make heads or tails of what to do, what to tell people and what to eat.   The 5-cent summary: no wheat, no carbs, no sugar. Save your brain. The net result... no headaches, improved mental state,...
On 12.20-21, our Culinary 10, 11 & 12th grade students were joined by school staff, business partners, graduates, family and friends to bake cookies for every police officer in the state of Delaware. At 8am, the 10,000+ cookies were dispatched throughout the state as a 'thank you' for keeping our community safe. An extraordinary effort by a very dedicated group of students who chose to give up the first day of their holiday vacation to stay up all night to fulfill our...
Very sad loss for the culinary world, Chicago's Charlie Trotter died today at 54. Not many details have been released. Sad day.   http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local/chicago_news&id=9314451