or Connect

Posts by Jim Berman

A few years' back, I was able to review the Urbani White Truffle Oil for ChefTalk. It was VERY fragrant and may be the flavor for which you seek.
There is some validity to your friend's statement. Many people will work for a while during a stage. During this time, the student will gain experience and learn some of the nuance of working within the confines of a professional kitchen. School can be a very rewarding and useful experience, while on-the-job training is a necessary aspect of learning the trade, as well. Many students will complete an internship while still enrolled in school to gain that experience and...
Time to keep it professional, please! Either contribute in a constructive and RESPECTFUL manner or move on.
I had the very good fortune to talk with Jacques Pepin a few years' ago. We got on the topic of home cooking and he said, as I'll never forget, "The cooking shows are more popular than ever! Yet, nobody cooks!"  I think there is no arguing convenience is merely part of our every day lives. It is what we have created, good, bad or otherwise.
Ice Man: I edited the posts of the individuals for their use of language. I do the best I can to keep on top of the language issue (and try to be consistent as possible). I am sure you can appreciate that it is difficult to constantly monitor every post every hour of the day.
Glad you liked the article. We make fresh ricotta every week and there is no denying the flavor and texture. 
Looks like you have done some research, and I think that is a good start. For such a sizable investment, have you considered visiting the locations to observe the classes and talk to current student? Might be helpful in making your decision. Good luck with your endeavor!
I did a review a while back (located here) on an induction rice cooker. I have to say, I have had great results with that tool; the resulting product and ease of use make it worthwhile for home cooking. There are many (!!!) makes and models of rice cookers out there. You may want to experiment a bit.
Marcus, welcome! (M. Apicius is a great Roman character! Nice choice for nickname!)   Can you fill in some blanks and maybe we can assist a bit more? You mentioned that you were bombarded with tons of places; any of those that are worthwhile? What type of place are you looking for (fine dining, country club, hotel, etc)?   Give us a just a bit more info and let's see what we can do.   Looking forward to hearing from you!
"Cawkasin Bread".... cawkasin?! So, I'm thinking... somebody did something from some cultural recipe book. Nope! Cawkasin... caucasian!!! Caucasian Bread = White bread!