or Connect

Posts by CStanford

Too wonderful for words....   My advice would be to buy some Ryan's Family Steakhouse gift certificates and hand them out when this happens... as you usher them out the door.     Good God, you certainly don't want them coming back.  Most of these idiots order iced tea to drink (shouldn't even be available) along with their well-done steak.  If you'd like to up the gross margin a little bit then save a table for somebody who might have a few drinks before ordering and...
Why compromise your craft for a buffoon?  All restaurants refuse service to some clients for one reason or another.  If these rare occurrences are going to break the bank then you might as well put a bankruptcy attorney in your Rolodex.  It's all over but the crying.
Screw that.  Tell them you won't cook a beautiful piece of meat like that past medium (hell, if even there), if they don't like it hit the bricks.  So what if word gets around? Business would probably pick up.
Quote:What a humongous load of BS on so many levels it leaves me at a loss for further words.  You need a career do-over in some real kitchens is all I can come up with at the moment.
You understand it's not a professional, high quality kitchen.  You're just going to have to figure out for yourself whether the ownership group really wants it to be one (or can afford it). If they say the do and the money is not a problem, then the obvious question is why is it in such sad shape then?   There's no reason for almost any kitchen not to be set up on the model of a fine restaurant.  If you have more than one employee then that implies some sort of...
Starches, as have been mentioned. 
France.  I became fluent but was already fair when I got there.   If you pick one place to go, this is it.  Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.  It's still Mecca.
Read:   http://www.amazon.com/Garde-Manger-Craft-Cold-Kitchen/dp/0470587806/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439844735&sr=8-1&keywords=garde+manger   As a start....
Try your post again when you get off Tuinal.
Grind it yourself from quality cuts and charge accordingly.  Anything less is just another burger.  Where's the accomplishment/craftsmanship/creativity in that?