or Connect

Posts by Cricket4t

Betty, I made your cake with your dark chocolate frosting recipe for our Xmas dinner. OMG it was soooooo good!!! My MIL, who thinks she's the best cook in the world was green with envy as everyone was heaping praises on my "from scratch cake". You have no idea how painful it was for her to have to ask me for the recipe. I like to think of myself as a kind person but I enjoyed every evil minute of her discompfort. Shame...shame...on me :o Cricket
BettyR- Thank you for the frosting recipe. I also have a brindle and a fawn. Mine are 4 and 5 years old. I got mine in Ohio from Frederica ….I think her place is the Flying W or something similar to that. It’s been a while since I’ve seen or talked to her. My husband about had a heart attack when I told him where I was going to get my dog and what I was going to pay for her. A year later he was the one that wanted to get the second dog. In my opinion they...
You’re very fortunate to have someone near you to buy wheat from; I live in rice farm country, no wheat.:( Best of luck with your new toy, I know you are going to enjoy it. We love the bread made with the freshly ground wheat; but it's all I can do to keep up with my family making just sandwich bread. I make about 8 loaves a week.
I don’t know what happened to my first post but I joined this forum to tell you thank you for this recipe. I have enjoyed this cake more than any homemade cake I’ve ever had. It’s moist, very tender, has wonderful flavor and was so easy to make. I was also very impressed at how well the cake keeps. Most homemade cakes are good the day they are made but the next day they are already starting to get dry. This cake stayed fresh for 4 or 5 days. I will never buy...
MaryB- Where did you get your wheat at that price? I would be very interested if they have a website. I also have a mill and make all our bread. I usually order from Bob’s Red Mill; my mill is also a micronizer and I’m very careful to buy only wheat that has been through a careful cleaning process because, as I’m sure you probably know, if you get one little stone in your mill it will tear it up and the warranty does not cover that type of damage. As...
I have been coming to this site to pick up cooking tips and recipes for a couple of years but this is the first time I have felt the need to make a post. I joined today just to tell you thank you so much for this recipe, this is the best from scratch yellow cake I have ever made and I’ve made a few in my time. It’s moist and tender with a wonderful flavor and it’s also very easy to make. I was also very happy with how well it kept. So many of the from scratch cakes...