or Connect

Posts by Pongi

Just my personal opinion-I'm not surprised that this dish wasn't good. Too many ingredients, too many different flavors mixed together...and I agree with kuan, I would never bake seafood this way. As for me, the only way I could make seafood lasagna (and probably the lightest!) is the following: making a good seafood sauce (white or red), cooking lasagne separately, layering sauce and lasagne into a serving dish, and serving them. NO bechamel, and grated parmesan cheese...
Here on the other side of the ocean, we have different priorities ;) Europe: everywhere in Italy (of course!), France, Spain, Portugal, Great Britain and Ireland, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Czechoslowakia (sp? I mean "Cecoslovacchia" :D ), Hungary, Greece, Turkey. As for Russia, I've been only in St. Peterburg. Africa: Morocco and Kenya. Asia: India, Nepal, Indonesia (Bali, Sulawesi, Sumatra and Java),...
Hehehe...I prevented the direction change drawing number 6 from the bottom to the top...but you're telling me I was CHEATING! Pongi:D
Ditto:) As for "pizza di oggio", it makes no sense in Italian, but "pizza di oggi" does mean "pizza of the day";) Pongi
Please forgive me for using metric doses! Ingredients: -500 gr genoise -200 gr butter -180 gr icing sugar -25 gr bitter cocoa powder -1 small cup of concentrated coffee (possibly Italian-style espresso or moka-machine coffee) -1 small cup of rum -marsala wine Note: with "small cup" I mean the cups we use to drink coffee...you could call them, perhaps, "espresso cups" Work butter, softened at RT, until creamy, then add 150 gr icing sugar and beat until...
:lol: :lol: :roll: Pandispagna (your "Pan of Spain") isn't bread, but just the Italian word for "Pate Genoise". BTW, I cannot understand why we Genovese call "Spanish" something that everybody in the world call "Genovese":D I'm very familiar with Sacripantina as it comes just from Genoa! It's not a traditional, but a rather modern recipe, born about in 1930, and there are two famous Genovese pastry shops both claiming that they have invented it. Basically,...
markface, it's likely you didn't cook it enough.Octopus must be boiled for a very long time to become tender, about 40-45 minutes each lb, and cooled down into its broth. The same if you stew it-as long as it's chewy, it hasn't cooked enough. Cook it more! Pongi
NO, NO, NO! Never discard Parmigiano rinds after having cooked them with minestrone...EAT them! They're the yummiest thing in your minestrone:lips: Pongi
This is the first time I explore this thread (perhaps it was too huge for me;) ) and I'm pretty amused at the fact that most of your "strangest things" are perfectly normal for Italians (except for my hubby:( ) I mean: -Tongue -Tripe -Kidneys -Brains and spinal cord -Lamb head -Blood -Urchins -Snails -Frogs -Pig's feet and skin -Chicken combs -Raw horse meat But we are wild people, you know...and I'm the Queen of wild people:D I LOVE all those...
Although different couscous brands can differ, basically I'm with suzanne - 2:1 when I just rehydrate it, 1:1 when I steam it after rehydration. To my experience, this gives a better result as couscous turns out dryer and less sticky, but since this procedure is a bit time-consuming I generally choose the first option;) Pongi