or Connect

Posts by DuckFat

Calphalon was bought out by Newell-Rubbermaid several years ago. A lot of their cookware is now made in China but they do have some pieces that they claim are still made in the USA although I no longer see them stamped that way.  AFAIK they closed the Toledo plant where the Commercial line was made and mostly what's left is a large distribution center. The outlet stores used to be the mother of all bargains. At the outlet here you now have to be careful as they often...
If the OP is after fine ribbons like the KA will make another option is a Zyliss. It will go through that much cheese faster than I get the KA or FP out and set it up. Cost effective and not much to clean either.   http://www.amazon.com/Zyliss-E900010U-Classic-Cheese-Grater/dp/B00MGLOW8C/ref=dp_ob_title_kitchen
I never had an issue with texture on a FP I just hate cleaning more than I need to and that's not very much cheese. If you really want to go the mechanized route I'd stick with the Cuisinart but a good old fashioned box grater will eat through that much Cheese toot sweet!
 There's no reason they would perform different. Just pay attention to the size of the stones. Stones on a base can be a pain to dry however the Chosera's come with a plastic base so that should be less of an issue. If you want mounted Chosera's there are dealers on eBay selling them and they appear to be the older style stones that come with a Nagura. If you ever encounter micro-cracks a mounted stone could be more stable. However if you break a stone (bang it against the...
I'd be paying as much attention to profile and intended use as length. 300mm for me is minimal on a yanagi but a beast on a Gyuto.  270mm for a Gyuto is going to be the norm in a working knife. Larger hands do not mean you need a larger knife. Sarah Moulton is about 5' nothing and probably weighs 100# on a bad day. She wields a 12" knife with ease. Gotta roll with what ever works best for you. For 300mm I'd also look at the Yoshihiro (carbon) on Amazon ($160) or the...
Stones on a base can be thinner but they can also be a pain to dry, Add to that personal preference. The only exception I can think of to this is in the past we have seen different wood working web sites offer complete sets of mounted Naniwa Super Stones. They were thin but were a very good value for a starter. The only other stone I can think of mounted at the moment is the Kitayama 8K, which I don't think comes any other way and I do own. Given a choice I would always...
I just picked up a Waring Pro food Processor Nick so I'll try to get a review with photos up in the next week or so.   Dave
  That's a very good idea. Pelican cases can be bought with the foam insert so you can custom cut your insert. Very low profile and impact resistant as well.JB Prince carries knife guards as well. http://www.jbprince.com/pc_combined_results.asp?q=knife+guards
  The Professional is the way the Chosera is now marketed. At least according to CK2G. Don't they ship to Europe? As far as the snow White goes Amazon used to carry them but I have no idea if they could ship to you. As far as not soaking the Chosersa there was a bit of information being taken out of context and Dave Martel weighed in on that yesterday in another thread. In essence saying just don't leave them on Extended...
I haven't tried those but that seems like a very reasonable price. Organic Roasters at Whole foods here are $2.99 a pound so typically in the $15-18 range for a whole bird. While the pound price might seem a bit high they are a very good value compared to so many others I see now with a water logged diaper and water injected into the bird.