or Connect

Posts by DuckFat

Beef ribs are a bit much for most knives. There are cleavers and then there are cleavers! LOL Most cleavers or even western Debas are not up to the task for beef ribs. Buy a bone saw if you need to get through beef ribs. They available at many butcher supply stores.  If you are inclined towards power tools use the right tool for the job and that's a band saw. They now make smaller portable units but a good ole bone saw still works just ducky. For cleavers Dexter still...
Sounds like you used a photo in your auction with out authorization. eBay often checks images to see if they are yours. No company can stop you from re-selling an item you bought. Any one can report your auction and have it shut down if they suspect the photos are not yours. If you use photos make sure they are either eBay stock photos or images that belong to you. ;)
I worked for the Mouse for many years but please take what I am going to say with a grain of salt as it has been 20 years since I left. Since you are asking this I'm assuming you are not applying to the Professional staff which is handled differently. The way Disney hiring process works; A) You Apply B) You get called into a primary interview. Here you watch a movie or get a lecture with a group of other applicants about what it means to be a Cast Member. From...
I always start with boiling water. Remove your eggs from the fridge about 5 minutes in advance so they are not cold when setting them in the water. I use a slotted spoon and lower them slowly in the water so the shells don't crack from temperature shock or hitting the bottom of the pan. Turn the water down to a simmer. Cook six minutes. If you want runny yolks go 3 minutes but when I do soft boiled eggs I hit the water with a teaspoon of baking soda right before I pull...
I never look back. Move on, move up.
Have you considered a small Immersion blender with attachment?
I wanna meet the cook that can yield 80% out of a whole Salmon! 8-10% is a normal loss for skinning alone. The Skeleton weighs a heckuva lot more than the skin. 30% is a reasonable loss even on H&G Salmon. 50% fillet yield on grouper or snapper is pretty much right on the $$ unless you have a very skilled fish cleaner.   Dave
  I'd rather shoot M-16's and LAW's instead of those cute little 9mm's the Navy uses.   Dave
Get your Googlefu on with Vector marketing and I think you will find that a lot of young people have been burned pretty hard by them. Setting that aside they are grossly over priced for what they are.   Dave
There wouldn't be any thing easy about chilling hotel pans in a kiddie pool unless you put all of the hotel pans in the pool first and then filled it with ice and water. Chilling in a 40 gallon pot with a couple of rapid cool paddles would be much easier, more efficient and considerably safer. 6" deep hotel pans do not cool rapidly on the interior especially with a product like gumbo. IMO you'd still need rapid cool paddles.   Dave