or Connect

Posts by DuckFat

Charlie, I'll outline my response in the same format just for brevity sake. 1) Yes. I use both and switch back and forth. I'm sure many others do as well. Once you get used to a single bevel or a knife that is ground 70/30 etc you don't really think much about it. The 70/30 Masahiro bread knife took a bit of getting used to for me but I would not part with my Masamoto KS. 2) I'm not a South paw so take it FWIW. Japanese knives come in two flavors. Those with a...
I think the link I posted was for the 240. It's on sale so it should be about $105 with the code I posted. I can't help with the Togiharu as I haven't handled one but it's un-likely you will ever want more at home as an average user than the Mac. At a $25 difference I think the Mac is an easy choice. At a $60 difference it becomes more subjective. I tend to favor WA gyutos becuse I want a traditional style knife and the WA's in general seem to have a better fit and...
This Glestain is a lot smaller. Probably not very practical. My most used box is a plastic tool box from Home Depot. The top tray is great for smaller items and it's no larger than a lot of the brief case style cases. I think it was under $20.
Here's the one I have been eye balling. Glestain Knife Case
Maybe that's why Giordano's and Gino's East have better pie.:lol: A lot of the deep dish or stuffed Chicago pie doesn't have a crust that rises much like a traditional pizza dough. If you are not getting any rise at all are are checking the water temp if you are using active dry yeast? If it's too hot it will kill the yeast. You may want to just try using instant or rapid rise yeast. I doubt replacing the oil will matter much. I use oil in some of my bread and pizza...
I was more surprised at Jen actually saying that she is ready to go home than I was with the person who left.
I'm not a South paw but I think you will find several reliable vendors for traditional Japanese knives can make the alteration for a left hand user at a minimal fee with most knife purchases. Korin among them. IIR they charge about $25 depending on the knife.
KY, It seems your entire opinion that I'm FOS is not based on any experience you have nor any thing you may have read in a professional text but rather just what some one else has posted. You might as well just come out and say I'm wrong not because of any particular fact but because I'm clearly not in your clique. I didn't care much for cliques in high school and that hasn't changed much. Of course you are entitled to your opinion. However I have an opinion as well....
Have you seen the cases from Glestain?
Did you honestly not undertstand BDL's statement about making a fine Brunoise from a Julienne? You have been tried repeatidly to argue this point and it's painfully clear you don't even understand how to make a Brunoise. I don't know how many times I/we can say it but a fine Brunoise is not cut from a Julienne which is twice the size. Since he and I have already agreed on this point why are you still trying to push an argument that's not even there? Thickness does...