or Connect

Posts by DuckFat

In years past Henckels were the equal of Wusthof. What has become of Henckels is just plain sad.
It does seem to be the new buzz word. It seems at least a part of that is marketing to off set the bad press that MSG is getting. Umami has been around a long time but the precise taste receptor was identified by scientists recently. Salt cured and aged products often have more umami. Mushrooms= Umami Dried Mushrooms=More umami
Home Depot of all places has jugs of peanut oil right now.
Sounds very good and is almost identical to what I do save for the Maple syrup which I will try. I often use Grand Marnier as well. :)
That would be a good price if they had inventory. Unfortunately as you peruse their site they are out of a lot of stock and have been for at least a few months. Not many noobs want, let alone need 8k - 12k stones. A single 1,000k Chosera and a flattner would be a better option IMO and less expensive. That's not going to be had for $30 so this may well be a case where a single mounted SS is one of the better options based solely on price. However IMO there is nothing...
When I was still in the hotel business we had one unit that had a group of thives working together. The P&L's were totally put of whack. I had my entire tool box stolen from my office which was locked. Right before world cup soccer we had a reach in cooler emptied one night. As it turned out both the cooks and engineering were in on it.
Ground tenderloin chain seared on a blistering hot grill to MR with grilled onions and steak sauce.
With fresh crab that is larger flesh chunks I use as little binder as possible. Egg works well as does mayo. Hopefully on a product like this you are using home made mayo which of course still includes egg. You may want to consider lightly binding your crab and then coating the outside of the cakes with panko. When you sautee them they should be crisp on the out side and nice and soft inside.
And I thought I was the only one still rocking to Zappa. It's kinda sad so many just remember him for his lyrics but he was a stellar guitar player. Gotta love the fish eye lens bending the guitar necks and the smoking cigg in Zappas tuning machines. Now I'm gonna have dynamo hum in my head the rest of the day. :lol:
If you are used to a 10" Chef's knife I would stick with a 270 or possibly a 300. I would suggest you chose a petty or a pairing but if there are any budget concerns buy one first then see if you feel that you need the other. I'm in complete agreement with Chris's stone choice choice. The chosera stones up to 5k are affordable and of excellent quality.