or Connect

Posts by DuckFat

The cover on mine is exactly like the 70's version Cheflayne posted. Not a cloth cover. The binding is embossed in Gold print. Dave
 I have the edition you are asking about (Published 1969 by Crown Publishers, Inc). I doubt you will find it significantly different from your earlier edition from 1941. Recipe # 1623 is the same in my edition as yours however if I can offer any help from the book please let me know.
That's a pretty amazing piece of leather. Gotta go with what works for you but I never liked leather much for my working knives. A roll like that is going to draw a lot of unwanted attention. I did use a roll for a few years (cloth) but once I started using a plastic tool box I never looked back. Nice craftsmanship on the leather either way and I can see why you like it. If I was going to pimp my kit I think I'd have to roll with one of...
 Price aside The Hiromoto is a no brainer between those two but it looks like it's sold out in 210mm. The JCK original ES is VG-10 as well but it is $25 more than the Hiromoto, although F&F is better.
Don't over look the JCK house knives. I've had a VG10 WA Gyuto for several years now that performs very well. IIR Koki has a series with Swedish steel as well which you may want to look at if you are considering Misono.
It's been a long time since I worked for Disney but little has changed with the fact that Orlando is a good spot to start out as a Chef. There's plenty of quality work, decent pay and a reasonable cost of living. Traffic is heavy and you will need transportation. Plenty to do and only an hour or so from the Ocean. If you do interview at WDW I'd suggest avoiding Epcot. It's far more European in structure than the Hotels, MK, etc. When I left the average employee in the MK...
Get involved with the ACF ASAP.  There's some politics but welcome to the real world. The only downside is that it takes a bit of time for meetings but cost is minimal and certification can be a bonus. At the very least there's a sense of accomplishment. The biggest gain with the ACF is the connections you make. As Kuan suggested you don't have to join a local chapter however being a member at large is counter-intuitive unless you are constantly travelling.
I've used a 5K Naniwa SS you several years now. Soft, easy to gouge, dishes fast but works like a charm. When I replace it I will get the Chosera and not look back. Beyond that I use an 8K Kityama.
Hello right back from a fellow Michigander!