or Connect

Posts by DuckFat

Why in Gods green earth would you put lemon in a beer and cheese soup? That's likely the culprit. You also need to watch the temperature as it sets. There is no reason you can't hold a cheese soup with out it breaking.
No matter what brand of Gyuto you get I would lean towards 240mm. As you already know I think option #2 is the way to go. If nothing else you can get a feel for length and make a better decision about the need for a utility and a slicer. What's the worst that can happen? You pay a few dollars more to ship a second order? I don't think you can make a bad choice out of your #2 list and you could always just go for the Mac bread knife. FWIW I like the Guede or on a more cost...
If you ever get tired of that Mauviel Windsor pot Sam you can send it to me. :peace:
I'm glad to hear you found what you like. I noticed some Viking cookware at Sur la Table recently that looked very nice. I hope it serves you well. :)
"I had to google 'endosperm' " It may interest you to know that corn starch is made from the endosperm of corn. ;)
Unless you go at a batch of risotto like a human mixer you are not going to make the rice gummy just by stirring it. If you get gummy risotto chances are you over cooked it, used too much stock or just started with the wrong rice. Other than making risotto for a large party I'm not sure I see the benefit of pressure cooking. By the time you saute the rice, add stock and get the pressure cooker sealed and up to temp, cook, cool the cooker add more stock and finish your cook...
I load them on sheet pans and do them under the broiler when I have a bunch. Either that or I call maintenance and they roll over the acetylene torch. :lol:
The move to a Chef's knife is a solid one. Of those I would lean towards the JCK Kagayaki VG10, Hiromoto or the MAC Pro. Since you have switched to a Chef's knife and some of your choices are thin I would hold off on a slicer until you see if you really need one. You have picked slicers at a higher price point than your Chef's knife. I would spend more on a primary use knife to begin with. Mac makes two bread knives. Make sure you are choosing the bread knife that is...
MMB makes both end grain and edge grain boards. I have both from them. IMO people make a bit too much out of that. If you have a limited budget get an edge grain board. While I prefer end grain along with most others if you watch you will see edge grain boards in use on shows like the Iron Chef. No matter what brand you buy IMO you are better off skipping the 1" boards and buying a 3" thick board. Here is a page of end grain boards from MMB and a link to their home page....
A Demo clause? You mean like being forced to hire or work with democraps? Oiye that would be painful. Regrettably in MI or CA it would only be cruel but not cruel and unusual. Thus our friend BDL at least in the great state of MI would not likely have much luck with his State Supreme Court appeal. Better make that a heavy duty plunger. :lol: FWIW I tried a few micro brews over the last few weeks I didn't like much. Never thought of having them comped but I have no...