or Connect

Posts by JJMM121

Well I think we tried to set the bar...on the high side. It was my wife's 41st birthday - we had a very difficult previous 12 months and were unable to really celebrate her 40th bday the right way. So I made a reservation at Alinea in Chicago. Needless to say 20 plus courses and wine pairings from the reserve selection resulted in a tab for 2 at $1,200. Best meal ever.  I have a copy of the menu and cc receipt just waiting to be framed. 
Baked French Onion soup - The melted and bubbly Gruyere cheese slightly scorched with the very savory broth - thats all I need.
Steven,   When grilling expensive cuts of meat including Kobe & Wagyu beef do you recommend high heat or low and slow?   Thanks,   Jeff M
Steven,   When grilling expensive cuts of meat including Kobe & Wagyu beef do you recommend high heat or low and slow?    Thanks,   Jeff M
Steven,   First - I have enjoyed all your shows and have several of your cook books (beer can chicken is a classic). Second - What are some of the most unusual types of wood that you have used to smoke something that made you stop and say - this went way beyond my expectations? Also, what is the food product that you have smoked that made you say never again.   Thanks   Jeff