or Connect

Posts by culinarian247

I haven't posted here in forever!!! How is everyone, old and new? I know I've missed plenty. Too busy wrapping up my education (at least one step). I'll be taking a year off and then joining Cornell's MMH program. That's the last stop before law school. Although I don't know if I'll go. I love hospitality and at my age (curently 31) don't know if I want three more years of school. Anyways, I'll "browse" around and catch up. Have a good one all..
If that's the book by Noel Cullen then I think it's one of the best on culinary management. It'll get you started.
6'3" 370lb. I used to weigh 512 but not anymore.
Nope. Its $22,000. From a paltry $33k to $55k ($33999.94 to $54336.00 to be exact). We'll see... I really like this whole full-time chef thing. My free time is going to expand with the completion of school. In a year, however, I am taking on graduate school for my MS in hospitality. Those classes are 6pm-10pm once per week anyways. I am so doggone excited about everything again!! Even though I don't check in and chat as much as I should (sorry mom) I have to say...
Uh oh.. She's a gonna be P'd at me. I'm thinking I'll be grounded for a year!! How long should I stay here is the question. I got a sweet offer for the same job title at a rival hotel for an extra $22k per year. But I feel I should be a little loyal to the Exec Chef that hired me. I know him outside of work (not that we golf on the weekends or anything) and he knows all of my instructors from school. Dilemmas....
:roll: Did I miss anything? How is everyone and everything? Well I finally went and did it? I got a job as Chef de Cuisine. Damnit. I still didn't get the sous chef job I was after all this time.. :bounce:
I have a friend who works the front desk at my job. She wants to move into being in food and beverage. She has a BS in Hotel Management (from U of Houston). She asked me if she should go to culinary school and get her associate degree or just complete a certificate program. My answer to her was to get a job as a cook and do a certificate program. From there get promoted to sous chef and then chef de cuisine. With that experience as a chef, a certificate and a bachelors...
Here is a description of my job duties as Chef de Partie: The Chef de Partie is responsible for supervising and working on all stations within the kitchen, preparing and plating all hot and cold food, and training new and existing employees. You must be able to read and follow recipes, communicate in English, and complete basic mathematical calculations. Requirements a minimum of four years food preparation experience, preferably in a high volume, luxury...
I'm currently a Saucier at a very hig end hotel. I have my benefits and veacation time already established. They have allowed me to tailor my work schedule around my school schedule. Here's the problem. I have a job offer of Chef de Partie elsewhere where the shift I'd work would still work around my schedule for school. It gets better/worse (depending on how you look at it). I have yet another job offer as a Sous Chef at yet another property working the same...
For a steakhouse, Fiore at the Rio. Italian, Bella Luna.