or Connect

Posts by amann.nagi

I am not certain about the policies for America, but I, being from kenya, have been given placement in several Canadian institutes, paying Intl. fees. Most application forms for the ones I looked at indicate that canadian residents and citizens pay lower home fees while International and US students pay Intl fees. Hope this helps.
Self-rising flour is all-purpose flour that already has leavening ingredients in it. It contains baking powder and salt, giving it the ability to make quick breads and other similar recipes rise. It is considered a convenience item, leaving less measuring for the baker. There is no substitute for self-rising flour, but you can easily make your own out of all-purpose flour. To make 1 cup of self-rising flour, take 1 cup all-purpose flour and add 1-1/2 teaspoons baking...
Those cuts look pretty awesome!!! I should be starting culinary school soon, and i hope to have success with these vital tasks :)
Again, a relative argument. It would be wise to realise that an executive chef normally, even if employed, runs his/her own kitchen. It is their domain, and it is vital that they are aware of the loopholes involved in running it. To help you understand a bit better. You have 2 chefs working at the same restaurant. One has his culinary ed sorted out, the other has both culinary and a management course (not necessarily a degree, just any certification). Both chefs are...
Well, looking at your predicament, I too am facing a similar challenge. I am fresh out of high school and am considering the following: Do professional culinary and pastry (1 year Diploma) 1 year work experience Follow it up with hospitality management (4 year As. Degree) The whole idea behind this strategy is accreditation! A lot of plausable employers in this world weigh decisions heavily on paper! Thats right! A lot of employers really look for more...
Hey there vic! i am also interested in studying in the vancouver area, and after weighing several options, I noticed the following: Cost: Vancouver, Canada in general is a lot cheaper than it is anywhere in Europe. This applies unless you have citizenship of a european country, in which case, the cost would greatly be reduced. Accreditation: Both Canada and europe are pretty decent places to study. There is no Better or worse. Consider factors like, cordon bleu,...
Hey everyone!!! Just stumbled across this wonderful site while looking through some resources! Well, a little bit about me: I am 19 years old, and recently finished high school. I have always been greatly interested in cooking, generally, and now that I have the chance and appropriate maturity level to enter this diverse brilliant field, I am looking into joining a culinary school, most likely In Canada! Well... Thats pretty much all I have for now, but if I do...