or Connect

Posts by doodle

Oh, all great ideas. Because I will be prepping these dishes for wholesale I will be starting with the simpler, less time consuming ones first --and cross my fingers they work well I won't be starting for a few weeks at least but I will let you know how things go. thanks so much for your suggestions doodle BTW, you wouldn't have any ideas for my nondisolving sugar issue I asked about in the baking thread would you?
I am going to be partering with a local lamb producer and she wants me to try to use up everything from the animal - she was hoping I could make pate from the liver, kidneys, ?I don't know what else? I will say at the outset, I am a foodie, not a chef so aside from the fantastic chicken liver pate I made 5 years ago for my daughter's wedding shower, pate is not one of my everyday items Has anyone made liver pate or is it even worth trying? If so could you please advise...
thanks Dillbert - Great question & I had wondered if the order would make a difference. I do know he has not had a great deal of experience in the world of baking pastries from scratch but has mastered many of the other gluten-free items for our purposes. but- I do not know his blending method. I haven't seen him prepare the filling but I will ask him and get back to you on that. thanks, doodle
I have been making butter tarts for over 40 years, but only mixing two dozen at a time for our own enjoyment. Never have I not had my sugar dissolve - ie. go "grainy" on me after they have been cooked and cooled. Now I have to tell you, my SIL is making these for us at our brand new gluten-free baking shop so I have not seen every thing he has done that may have caused this to happen. Here is what I do know. The shells, which we make ourselves, are much shallower than...
OK OK you're right, I forgot how specific I should have been, sorry :p but this forum is far more aware of this fact than the "average" person and I have found that most people group peanuts in the same category as "nuts" trust me this individual did not answer that way because she knew the technicallity about tree nuts vs legumes - I could smell peanuts in the room and asked her if she had used any in her cookies, you had to be there - :lol: you see I am deathly...
That is precisly why I asked my question. I do include all of my ingredients (except for lumping spices and herbs if there are quite a few) but b/c I have no personal experience to draw from I would never want to mislead anyone by giving them incorrect information. So far I have always said I do not know the answer to that question and left it up to the customer but as I stated I just wanted to see if there was any additional knowledge for me to guide them in their...
I've started to use a small amount of wine or beer in a few of the homestyle comfort food meals I make (for my store) which as we all know brings a wonderful, mild flavour to food. While I know the effects of the alcohol itself are eliminated with cooking, deglazing etc, what I don't know is if just having the flavour of the wine would be a concern to a recovering alcoholic? I am asked this question on occassion and I don't have an answer. I fully support the...
thanks for the advice everyone, I will recap to make sure I got it right but first I will answer your question boar_d_laze (-- I will also try the brine ingredients and ratio you suggested) When I said unseasoned, I meant not pumped or injected before I buy it, I didn't mean no rubs, spices or flavourings. The vast majority of store bought pork here in my area is labeled seasoned and that refers to the fact that it was pumped in some way. I have a supplier that sells -...
I took the after cooking flavoured pork water and added it to my carmelized balsamic onions which I deglazed with some white wine. I love pan sauces Koukouvagia and so I take advantage of using them when ever possible. Fortunately this one allowed me to eat my endevor instead of having to through it out. I did think of treating it like a piece of tenderloin by searing it first but I was hoping to avaid that if possible. doodle
pork loin - not tenderloin - I know it is small but it is a plain loin doodle