or Connect

Posts by Penguin

After poaching chicken, I usually shred it with two forks. When working with several chicken breasts the shredding step takes me a really long time. Is there a faster method for shredding chicken? I’ve heard that it is possible to shred in a standing mixer but haven’t heard how. Any ideas? Thanks, Emily
I just wanted to share that I've been cutting my chicken horizontally when I saute and that has solved my sauteing problems- thank you so much! They turn out perfect every time now, thank you, thank you! Emily
The weight of my MC2 series SS All Clad 10" frying pan with the lid off is 2 LB 5 ounces. With the lid on its 3 LB 8.3 ounces. The weight of my MC2 series SS All Clad 2 quart sauce pan is 2 LB .9 ounces (without the lid). Hope this helps.
My favorite pastry cream recipe is in Dorie Greenspan's book Baking From My Home to Yours. It's incredible. Emily
For the bread/baking recipes I make the most frequently, I’ve typed up just the list of ingredients and baking time and tape them to the inside of my cupboards just above my baking area. I can open the cupboard see my cheat sheet of measurements instead of pulling out a recipe card or book. I keep several sets of measuring spoons and measuring cups in baskets. When I’m baking, I simply pull out the basket that is full of 4 sets of measuring cups so it is easy to grab...
They do make a few different Bosch sizes- some designed to make 1-3 loaves at a time. I don't have any experience with the smaller models but know of other people who love them.
Thank you!
I went through 6 KitchenAid mixers until I purchased a Bosch Universal Mixer. Here is a link for the one I use. It does amazing with bread doughs. I bought the largest size so it doesn't knead a small loaf well (3 cups of flour). It mixes it well but I have to finish kneading by hand. It does best with 7-16 cups of flour. I love everything about the machine- I use it at least once a day. It handles all dough types well (bagels, pizza doughs, whole grain bread...
Where can you find a list of the 13 states that have "cottage laws?" Thanks, Emily
I guess it shows my age that these concepts are new to me. Thanks, it's something I'll have to experiment with. :)