or Connect

Posts by French Fries

Ribs turned out great! 225F for 1h1/2, unfoiled, then sauced and grilled for 15mn. Served with potato salad and hard cider.   Thanks for all your help!!  
Very well said. Couldn't have said it better myself. 
A local Whole Foods market: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/sales-flyer/shermanoaks - never seen them on sale there before. The sale ends today though!
Great, thanks to both of you!   So what temp am I looking for for the 2 to 3 hours of foil-steaming? I'm probably going to do that part in the oven.
Saint Louis ribs are on sale here, and I've never made them. I've never smoked anything in my life and I'm not ready to start just yet.    Is it possible to successfully grill those over direct or indirect heat (gas grill)? Anyone has a recipe or some pointers? 
With or without a food wheel, do you really believe that protein, fat and carbs make a balanced meal???? 
  There's no need for that with canned snails which are pre-cooked - or do you braise them in water/wine again anyway just for flavor? I've done the entire process from the time you pick the snail (which is not always as easy as you may think, those little suckers can be quite stubborn and really stuck to, say, a tree for example) to the time you eat it. It's a lot of work, and may seem like it's not worth your time... unless you process thousands at a time and sell...
A classic option is snails confits in duck fat.    The escargots are already precooked right? Otherwise you'd have to first boil them for a while.   I like the idea of doing a confit in snail butter. Slowly poach in seasoned snail butter for about an hour. You can add alcohol to the snail butter, too, because why not.    I'm sure baking with the same butter used for the confit is fine... I wonder if one could taste the difference between using fresh butter vs using...