Posts by French Fries

Hahaha us French are TERRIBLE with foreign languages. Dare I say... it's all greek to us!!!  So then the proper way to say it is Yiro? 
LOL. My favorite part is the beginning.    In France we say Jiro, as in John. Here I've heard Yiro, that sounds weird to me. 
In France, French toast is pain perdu (lost bread) and French fries are simply frites (which is really an adjective, short for pommes frites which is, itself, short for pommes de terre frites - so really we're calling them "fried"). I know you were just making a joke but I find the topic fascinating. 
 Thanks!! I'll have to take a trip to Langers.  Now I just have to make a choice. :D HOT PASTRAMI PASTRAMI and SWISS CHEESE Russian Style Dressing PASTRAMI and CHOPPED LIVER Russian Style Dressing HOT PASTRAMI Sauerkraut and Nippy Cheese Grilled on Rye CORNED BEEF Sauerkraut and Swiss Cheese Grilled on Rye PASTRAMI and COLE SLAW Russian Style Dressing PASTRAMI FRENCH DIP PASTRAMI and TOMATO Russian Style Dressing PASTRAMI and TOMATO with Cream Cheese PASTRAMI and SWISS...
To build your confidence you could try cooking for friends and family first. I don't mean just cooking for them, I mean really play the part, play the role of a private chef, plan everything, take care of everything, don't accept any help etc. See how that works out?  I hear you. It would be nice to get some feedback from Raj to know he's reading our answers.  On the other hand, internet forums are also a huge resource in the form of a searchable database, which Google can...
Smoked? Man that sounds delicious. I am so foreign to corned beef... even eating it, I have... only once in my life, I believe, if pastrami is the same thing, which I'm still unclear about. Is smoked corned beef = pastrami?   Where I grew up, corned beef was something gelatinous that came in a tiny can, not very appetizing, so I've never tried it. Pastrami.. now that was something else, and I would love to try to make that at home. Braised corned beef sounds like it...
Awesome, thanks for all that info. I had no idea!
Flat rate. See what others are charging in your area.   Quick googling for cooking classes in Chicago show that Sur La Table charges $49 - $69 for a 2 1/2 Hr class, and The Chopping Block charges $50 - $90 for a 2 1/2Hr class, so I would price your class in that $50-$90 per person range for 2 1/2 Hr.   My guess is they have more students than you so you can capitalize a little on the "very intimate small group" if you're going to have no more than 4 students. The...
What's the difference?
While braising, your braising liquid will reduce and the concentration in salt will increase.