or Connect

Posts by French Fries

I would just get a rolling pin and cut with a knife. 
The press is harder to use than it looks. It will not give you a perfectly even thickness either, and you may not be able to control the thickness as much as you want, leaving you with a product that's thicker than desired. It's also hard on your arms. And you are also limited in the shape and size of the dough you flatten.    For those reasons I would favor the rolling pin approach. I wouldn't worry about the rolling pin being too long, in fact longer is better, you can...
My American Range oven stopped working yesterday. It's making a funny noise when you turn on the oven (like a slow soft and deep blowing sound) and it heats a tiny bit (the bottom back of the oven gets kinda hot to the touch) but stays below 200F, even after an hour of heating set to 500F.    Looks like I will finally have to call their customer service. I'll report my experience to this thread. 
Hahaha.... it completely slipped my mind. Well... I guess I have to study Vegetarianism a little closer.... also no heat here because of our little one who is still sensitive to it, and I can't be bothered making two different dishes. But I can't wait for the kids to grow up so we can use chilies again! 
Vegetable curry. Made a curry paste with fresh ginger, fresh turmeric, garlic, shallots, roasted whole coriander and cumin, cinnamon, fried in coconut oil and coconut cream, sauteed veggies in the remaining oil (carrots, turnips, broccoli stems and celery), added tomatoes and cooked longer, then added coconut milk and a handful of pink lentils, then later broccoli florets and zucchini. Seasoned with fish sauce and soy sauce, and finished with lemon. It was served with...
Never heard of that before...!! How does that work? What's the result like? I guess it's just curiosity at this point as my pressure cooker died and I had to part ways with it.
Learned it in culinary school. 10 students tasting 10 different dishes at 10 different times during their cooking process = how many spoons? The answer is 20 (one for each dish and one for each student).  
I suppose you could add Las Vegas, NV to the list.
In which cities are the "next level" chefs you're dreaming of working with or becoming yourself?
Actually you need only 2 spoons: one spoon to dip into the pot and pour into the other spoon, which you put in your mouth. You can repeat this as any times as needed without the need for more spoons.