or Connect

Posts by French Fries

Hey K~girl! Good to see you back here!! Are those just packed with salt? I've seen lemons preserved in brine (lemon juice and lots of salt) or even in olive oil and aromatics, but never just in salt. I wonder what they'd taste like! Great idea to revive that thread. 
Well it's definitely turning olive green by now. Still not white though. I wonder what they do to commercial sauerkraut to get it perfectly white?? 
No, a fricassée is a white dish, where you cut the meat in small pieces, saute them lightly without any coloration, add some aromatics and flour the whole thing, add some white stock and cook the meat in the white sauce.    Here I leave the chicken in large pieces and create as much golden brown color as possible, I don't flour, and I add very little liquid, just enough to create a syrupy glaze at the end. It's a very simple way to prepare the chicken, very quick, not...
I agree.
 One of my "go-to" recipes for chicken is quite similar:  1) Place olive oil with smashed garlic and herbs (thyme, rosemary, bay leaf...) in a COLD pan. 2) Infuse oil by heating slowly. 3) Once oil is hot, remove herbs & garlic and sear the chicken until golden brown. 4) Add about 1/2 glass white wine, herbs & garlic to the pan, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. 5) Add the juice of one lemon, reduce the sauce to glaze consistency.  It's...
I love how the edges get a little darker than the rest, it gives the finished "rose" a beautiful aspect, especially on that last photograph. Nice idea from your mother, and a challenge well executed. What's next.... a sushi "rose" made with thin slices of raw scallops, finished with a torch? Hmmm ...    BTW you're really making your nickname proud!
Stunning as usual Petals. Is that inspired by your small apple desserts? 
I wouldn't keep it more than 1 or 2 days.    You could use 1/2 an egg and fry the other 1/2 for breakfast. 
It means you take a piece of ginger and cut a piece that is 1/2" long. The thickness is whatever thickness your piece of ginger is. That's not a very accurate quantity measurement anyway, so don't overthink it. A little more or a little less probably won't make or break the recipe, so use your common sense, taste and experience to determine how much ginger you add. 
At 250F you don't really risk much by leaving it too long or not long enough. I wouldn't cut the cooking time at all.