or Connect

Posts by French Fries

GOOD POINT!!! You know what I just realized? I couldn't care less about St Patrick's day, it's more of an excuse to have an idea for a menu and to explore a dish I wouldn't have otherwise cooked. But I can live with celebrating the day after!! Great idea. 
Exactly! That was my thought. The guy walked in the wrong place. 
One of the better "gun" stories (good ending): http://abcnews.go.com/video/embed?id=29584228
So I was wondering, how many of you celebrate Saint Patrick's day, and for those who do, what are you going to prepare?    I've never celebrated it, but I thought I might start this year! Not too sure what to prepare but apparently I should boil some corned beef along with some cabbage?    Any other ideas? 
You're welcome! It struck me as odd that the OP presented the recipe as a French recipe.
 Reminds me of this guy I know: he's been driving without a seatbelt for 40+ years and never had an accident. 
I made some frikadelles with sweet and sour red cabbage tonight. Which I had a working camera. Then again, not taking photographs means I can focus more on the food itself! :)
Having done very little catering and never being in business for myself, I'm no expert, so hopefully someone more experienced will chime in to help you here, but meanwhile, I believe the rule of thumb is that you charge 3x the food cost. Being a student, maybe you should turn to your teachers for help? That's what they are there for, to help you out with stuff like that: how to figure out the amounts needed, the cost, the time it's going to take, what to charge etc... I...
Ha, thanks mimi. Only thing I remember is, back then I was trying to get away from Teflon and I really thought those ceramic coated pans were going to be the solution... and that's when I ended up getting my stainless steel and carbon steel pans. I have never looked back. 
This is dubious. The French version isn't in proper French... what's odd is that many of the mistakes sound typical from an American/English person speaking French. Another giveaway: no one measures chocolate in "tasses" in France. While you might occasionally see "tasse" used in a French recipe, that's usually for recipes that were translated from the English language. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense to use a volume measurement for chocolate, not in France. Grams...