or Connect

Posts by PeteMcCracken

Let me rephrase the above comments in summary form:   THERE IS NO BEST CULINARY SCHOOL!   There are those that will teach you basic skills very inexpensively, e.g. community colleges.   There are those that will teach you basic skills very expensively, e.g. private schools like you mentioned.   There are those that have better networking than others.   There are NO culinary schools that are able to guarantee you more than an entry level job, say dishwasher or...
@Perretta066, how are you defining "best school"?   IMHO, most all culinary schools, from the local community colleges to the most expensive private schools, will expose you to the same basics of the culinary trade.   Most community colleges will fine tune their curricula to what the local business community desires, e.g. fast food, quick service, family service, upscale.   Beyond that,it is my opinion that some culinary students make an erroneous assumption that...
I discriminate every day. I discriminate against: Laziness Stupidity Arrogance Intolerance Sloppiness Insubordination   If any of the above are involved, it is obvious as to where the problem lies.
Some studies have shown a degree of correlation, others not so much.
Visible tattoos, piercings, etc. Poor personal hygiene "Smart A$$" attitude Entitlement attitude How much "time off" do I get?Fast food2 years of on-time work experienceA sharp Chef's knife and the tools to maintain it.
@kuan nailed it!
Hm, I believe the challenge is South America, not Latin America, if so, the countries involved are:Argentina Bolivia Brazil Chile Colombia Ecuador French Guiana Guyana Paraguay Peru Suriname Uruguay Venezuela  Central America includes:Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama North America includesCanada United States Mexico But then again, who knows which is what today   I know some refer to any country south of the USA as "Latin America",...
Thinly sliced beef Soy sauce Asian Pear Scallions Garlic (lots) Brown sugar Ginger root Gochujang
Tabbouleh
According to http://convert-to.com/720/chicken-eggs-5-sizes-conversion-plus-nutrients-values.html, 5 grams of egg = 4.87 milliliters, thus, eggs have a "density" of 1.0267 grams/milliliter.   Stated another way: Using a 5mL teaspoon, 1 teaspoon (volume) = 5.133 grams Using a U.S. teaspoon (4.92892159mL) = 5.061 grams   Now, I'm not positive that the web site resources are accurate for every chicken egg, perhaps the chickens do not check the web site before laying...