or Connect

Posts by ChrisLehrer

If you know how to sharpen and otherwise maintain a full-sized takobiki, I'd say go right ahead and slice meat with it. Just be darn sure you don't hit bone, or you're going to be working on a very coarse stone and cursing yourself for being an idiot!   Yes, cutting through the crust/bark will dull your knife, and you'll have to sharpen again right after you're done, but these knives really aren't as fragile as people seem to think. Besides, you really ought to do some...
Hmm. Rancid rillettes, eh? Some questions:   1. What went into them other than fat and meat? 2. Was the meat raw or cooked or a mix? 3. Once you'd cooked it all together, how did you process it to make the rillettes?   I've had trouble with rillettes myself sometimes, so I'd love to pin this down.
You may be nuts, but this is a pretty good way to cook veggies. I prefer a mild chicken stock for the purpose, or Japanese dashi, because I think beef overpowers things. But whatever floats your boat.   Myself, if I'm going to do this, I freeze close to a gallon in a heavy freezer bag laid flat like a pillow. That way, I can make one of the many Asian hot-pot dishes very easily. If you like this taste, by the way, you might want to look into hot-pot dishes, especially...
What do you want to do with this extract? That affects what methods will be most suitable. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree with several other posters that you want a much creamier cheese. A chèvre would work. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A proper usuba doesn't stick to much of anything. Just sayin'. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have very large hands, but have never found any handles to be problematic. I suspect that BF has not learned to use a pinch grip. MACs are such good knives, I'm inclined to say he should learn a proper pinch instead of getting more knives. The second joint of the third finger should be pressed gently against the back of the blade at the ferrule, the rest of the finger wrapped loosely around the handle. The thumb and forefinger gently pinch the blade as far forward as...
Be very careful about long booze braises sous vide. They can suddenly become very bitter regardless of the starting liquor. I suggest that you either not do this sous vide at all, or do it first for yourself to test. If the reaction happens, your dish will be inedible. That's not an exaggeration, either. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fascinating! I'll have to think about that one. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anyone have good information about what's really, really good in this category? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk