or Connect

Posts by ChrisLehrer

Everyone (I assume) has cookbooks that just aren't any good. You picked them up cheap, or received them as presents, or you thought "that looks great!" only to be disappointed. Boooooring. No, I'm interested in your top 2 or 3 (or 1) cookbooks that go the extra distance. They're not just junky trash, they're horrible. In some way they offend violently against everything you stand for. You keep them, and sometimes you dip into them, and think, "did I seriously just open...
Ferdinand Point's _Ma Gastronomie_ is fascinating, and a lot of it is sort of journal/memoir. Weird book, though. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks French! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Maybe I misunderstood. Sorry! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nicko:There is a very long and detailed review of this product on Amazon. Comes up first, because 500+ have found it impressive.In short, it seems this product is pretty cheap and flimsy, and there's a lot of gouging going on.Obviously that's one guy's analysis, but it's very detailed. Might want to check it out before buying.
Chia herbs? Awesome! I'll check it out.
Jake, the question is whether whey can work instead of buttermilk. Whey is something that can easily end up in large quantities that get dumped. So Sylvia is wondering if it can be used this way. The only thing I know for sure is that it makes good plant food, but the buttermilk thing is very clever -- if it works! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Dagger : you're way over-thinking this. Seriously. Soft butter, salt, fresh herbs/garlic, possibly a little wine. Mix. Freeze. Chop the herbs however seems most convenient. If using leafy greens such as basil, blanch them briefly first and shock in ice water so they stay green. Stop worrying about the right or best way and just do it. This isn't something about which you have to be precise and finicky. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does pot pie count?
I love this question! Anyone have an answer?