or Connect

Posts by ChrisLehrer

What a surprise--French Fries and I agree again! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's the shorthand of an olive oil noodle recipe: 62.5% Tapioca starch (100g) 62.5% water (100g) Seal and sous vide 80C/176F 2h Measure 80g paste, and keep warm 100% olive oil (160g) Heat to 30C/85F 3.1% salt (5g) 2.5% 300 bloom gelatine (4g) LM Pectin 1.25% (2g) .44% Agar (.7g) Dry blend 75% mineral water (120g) Whisk powder into water. Bring to a boil. Blend paste into warm water solution. Remove from heat and blend by hand over ice until completely cool and...
What's the site? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oliver's method is odd. Chorizo is hardly a failure if you're not claiming a particular region. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could always add a little soy lecithin as well. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thumbs up, French Fries. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just bought a new Chinese sand pot. There seems to be a lot of disagreement about how to season it for use. Anyone have advice? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Without reading the entire thread--though I read a big chunk--it strikes me that this has been fairly clearly (ha ha) settled. 1. A pressure cooker does a better job of making a clear stock, because the liquid does not roil. Because it does not move, bubble, and so on, it does not stir itself, and hence does not emulsify much fat. However, you can get much the same effect by raising the temperature under a stock pot slowly--it should take at least half an hour to come to...
I agree: Fagor Duo 8 or 10. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If you want super-simple, try this: 1 bag frozen peeled and cut butternut squash 1 can/box low-salt chicken stock small pinch cayenne 1/2 cup sour cream Put the squash, stock, and cayenne in a deep pot. Add enough water barely to cover the squash. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer fast about 30-35 minutes. Purée with a stick blender or in batches in a regular blender; alternatively, process with a food mill on the finest blade. Strain if possible. Return the soup to the...