or Connect

Posts by chefhow

About 15 years ago I was searing off Salmon filets for a banquet and some of them had a lot of moisture on them.  As I was sliding one in the pan grease popped up and cought the inside of my right ring finger, it was soooo hot it acutally melted the outer 3 layers of skin off my finger an down to the web inbetween them.  I went home after the banquet and my room mate at the time was training to be a paramedic so he did what he thought was the right thing and drained the...
I found the part that said Organic produce isnt pesticide free very satisfying personally.  I have said for YEARS that it is 100% impossible to grow foods that are pesticide free. Water tables, wind, birds, bugs...they all carry the pesticides with them from farm to farm.
http://www.foodproductdesign.com/news/2012/09/organic-vs-conventional-analyzed.aspx   Just some food for thought.
Chicken and Sausage Hash with a poached egg.
Bocce Ball tournaments with food and drink specials.  We have an Elks club in the town where I live and they were having the same problem so they lowered the yearly membership to $75 per person, charge $1 per month and then charge full price for dinners.  On Friday and Saturday nights they have $45-$55 4-5 Course Prix Fix dinners with very nice menu's.  They also offer "bar food" and have Bocce tournaments every Friday and Saturday night.  They have doubled their...
Quinoa "Rissotto" Carbonara.
Yesterday was spent doing everything I didnt get to do during the week so it was a night out.  My wife wanted to go see some friends (she was a GM for Chili's) so off the Chili's we went for dinner, I had Baby Back Ribs and they were pretty good.
Dark meat chicken bites with Mac and Cheese and Peas, my son picked and helped me cook dinner.
Shrimp Tacos with Garlic Chalula Crema and Avocado
I think there is a time and a place for everything.  In the kitchen in a restaurant where skilled cooks of all levels work isnt necessarily the place to have short cut items, at home when time/money maybe tight and knowledge is limited, maybe.