Posts by eastshores

I know this is a stretch but it's all I can contribute at the moment. Burgers are certainly a party food - and my buddy wanted to get together to grill some burgers later. I've been getting back into bread baking some and since I was up early I decided I'd give baking some hamburger buns a shot. Found the recipe I thought looked easy enough from King Arthur (which I happen to use their bread flour for this) Here's the recipe   I have a ways to go on shaping and whatnot...
So I wasn't really planning this but since this thread was still in my mind I pulled the trigger. Monday night I grilled some pork chops and roasted some red potatoes. Since I had plenty of leftover roasted potatoes, and 80/20 ground chuck was on sale.. I whipped up a sharp cheddar mornay sauce and cooked up the burger.. combined with the roasted potatoes and have a tasty dish that is every bit of what hamburger helper "potato au gratin" was as a kid .. talk about stick to...
 Ground filet it is!
I think I may take another childhood classic.. hamburger helper and resurrect it. Fresh ground ribeye, mornay sauce, and elbow pasta.. little sprinkle of smoked paprika.. little chopped parsley..  
 Yea there's a number of names for it. I was going to toast the cutouts but I figured.. that's just more carbs and somehow it made eating two of these OK..   I love the idea of serving them with preserves though.. that's re-purposing at it's finest by creating a completely separate element for the dish.
I thought this might be fun. This morning I had this flashback to a breakfast dish I was introduced to as a young kid by my older brother. It's probably been 20 years since I've made this and whatever experience I've gained over the years made this even better.   So the idea is to let your mind wander back to a dish you recall as a youngster, and using your awesome adult culinary skills.. resurrect it and post a picture and any story relating to how you came to know it...
 Spanish.. and grapes..Here's my problem with this game.. if you don't know it and you can't use goggle.. you're just stuck and out of the running. We don't have enough people to do that.
@Jimyra man! Awesome job. You don't often see a meringue on them. Looks delicious and makes this Florida boy proud
 You mean the house made.. artisan chips fried in duck fat and dusted with truffle?!
 Is that marinade like a mojo marinade? It doesn't say that but I see it has bitter oranges as an ingredient which mojo has also.