or Connect

Posts by eastshores

*glances at location* .....
 Hey at least you can hang and dry cure meats! In Florida it would just rot and be eaten by swarms of mosquitoes!
 Who doesn't do that?
 That's almost something you could call... pickled smoked bratwursts! Sounds really interesting and delicious.
Edit: I can understand one not liking the texture. To me though, it's the same concept as cutting against the grain. They aren't really designed to puree your meat. If you're getting a texture of pre-chewed food I'd say you're either over doing it or using it on a meat that probably didn't need it to start with. Chef Masaharu Morimoto uses them often on Iron Chef for tougher cuts of meat. That's why I tried it in the first place.
I posted this over in the monthly challenge. Tried out smoking on a new kamado style grill for the first time with yard bird. Had sauteed spinach tossed with parm and some carrots glazed with rosemary and thyme.    
I decided about a week ago after some reading to pick up a new charcoal grill. This style of grill is called a kamado grill, which I understand is basically a Japanese word for an earthen wood fired stove or oven. A popular example is the "Big Green Egg". Last night I did the burn in, so I decided with the monthly challenge coming to a close that I should give this thing a run through on it's smoking abilities - so the victim for the first trial run was a chicken. It...
 I used one recently on chicken breast. Not 50 times though! Maybe 10. Possibly it's different because the strands in chicken breast run much longer than many meats but it was the best grilled chicken breast I've made to date. I also butterflied them so they would cook evenly without drying out so I am sure that helped.
Some amazing dishes recently. Maybe we need more blizzards? I'm in FL so it's a cool breeze for me
Work has kicked my butt this month. I might sneak in a couple more. This was so very up my ally this month but it goes to show sometimes we just have to put food in our mouths, go to bed and get up and do it again. I'll give it my best shot coming into the finish line.