or Connect

Posts by eastshores

My sister reminded me of "Steak Ums" that my mom would make sort of like a cheese steak. Those were actually pretty tasty! Not so much on the visual side..  
How about the "bird in the nest" .. where you cut a circle out of bread and fry the bread along with an egg in the center? Not sure if that is retro but I remember my brother doing it 25+ yrs ago and I was impressed!   My mom definitely did the tuna macaroni salad, with frozen peas! Another dish that would make regular appearances was this over toast!  
They look great @teamfat!
Looks good Kouk.. you certainly did add some butter! As a chowda should be
What is a sausage "fond"? If I had to guess it is the caramelized bits after searing the sausage that we would de-glaze typically to include in a sauce?
What's there to talk about.. I know you're a good cook Here's what I'd do: Hopefully you have an onion to dice but if not you have enough bell pepper it would be interesting. Add a few tbl spoons of oil and sweat the diced peppers and onion down. Add in some flour.. eyeball it.. maybe a 1/4 cup to start and make a roux using the oil. You could add some butter here to further the oil ratio. Cook it just a few minutes and then pour in your stock (you can heat this in a...
If you had a little rice on hand you could roast the corn, then remove the kernels and combine with rice and crumbled Italian sausage, cube the summer squash and combine as well. Bonus if you have some tomato sauce or broth to moisten the stuffing. Then stuff the peppers with the mixture and roast in the oven along with the potatoes wedged and tossed in olive oil and sea salt. Depending on the ratios you have, you could halve the peppers to make four servings.   I could...
I am quite fond of Indian food. Not all of the dishes take a long time, in fact I'd say if you have your spices on hand most dishes don't take longer than about an hour to cook. I have this book and can recommend it as an excellent source for Indian cuisine that spans all of the vibrant regions and is broken out also by protein source. So if you happen to have fish you can flip to the section that lists curries for fish, or poultry, or lamb/beef, etc. It also goes into...
It was green.. I wish I had a shot of the individual cups (I thought they looked appealing) but this is it in a bowl on the one serving I made before freezing it. I made pumpernickel croutons for it which worked well     I think you are right.. and @Chefross helped a lot in describing that people simply aren't used to it. You know what.. I don't feel that bad now. I told my buddy I bet if I cooked some hamburger helper and smothered it over Doritos that crowd would...
 What do you think made the difference?