or Connect

Posts by eastshores

SPAMMER!!!!
Today I grilled a couple turkey tenderloins that I am chilling to slice on my deli slicer later for sandwich meat. The thought occurred to me that it might be neat to be able to take multiple tenderloins and join them into a larger piece of meat and I recalled that some kitchens are experimenting with transglutaminase to make meats that don't exist in nature, such as combining pork and elk, etc.   Anyone doing this? Are there any crazy health concerns, I know supermarkets...
How do you know someone is a vegan?   You don't have to, they'll tell you!   Sorry.. I had to.
 I swear that's one of my favorite things about fall. Especially in Florida, even a dip into the lower 80's and I'm ready to break out the dutch oven for some hearty stews and soups! lol
Thanks Pete I'll give that a try. I also would rather have a blonde chip, but my gut instinct was to get crispy I had to have higher heat.
Thanks kgirl! Interesting tip on washing excess starch off. Do you pat them dry afterwards so that the oil doesn't go crazy? Sea salt is pure and my favorite, but I can't let well enough alone. I'm excited to try all manners of flavors. I've never had a goan curry potato chip!
 Interestingly black widows were known for that but I read recently that the studies that led to that behavior being documented were flawed because the spiders were kept contained. The females turned to cannibalism (as all spiders will) because there was not sufficient food and the males could not escape.
I've done this a few times and always was disappointed. Tonight I think I hit on a few items that will eventually get me as close to store bought chips as possible. I think the biggest contributor to success tonight was literally shaving the potato so that it was transparent. Having the oil good and hot and not crowding (I know those are common sense). The one thing I would do differently now would be to use a bakers rack to let them dry some. When I was placing them in on...
 Thanks, yea I was extremely surprised at how cheap the controllers were. Nice ones too. One day I'll get around to putting one together!
 Yea I know it's critical to keep it exact and that's what I was asking to see if anyone had tried. This fryer has a digital thermometer that controls the element which is just like the DIY setups I've seen. The question is, how accurately?