or Connect

Posts by eastshores

Nice aba! @ChrisBelgium I noticed the plating has groupings of 3+2 and a decent amount of "negative space". Aba did you make a lecithin foam for the goat cheese foam or use a different technique?
 Definitely share! I'd love to see more platings!
 I have not laughed that hard in a long time. Chicken bug... that is hilarious!
 You are absolutely right. I shouldn't have used the word "symmetry" that's not what this is about, although straight lines certainly can be symmetric.
 I certainly see the geometry here. How did you get the meat into the cube shape?
Thanks for the submissions GM and Ordo.. I think in Ordo's final dish the symmetry, or lines was the predominant theme, wouldn't you say? At least it was in regards to the potato.. the dish itself was not symmetrical.   I thought on this and figured the easiest way to play with lines would be a caprese salad. I sliced and then hammered the mozzarella into a slab. I cut a nice heirloom tomato to fit. I tried to "paint" a basil oil and the selection of the plate...
I am flying by the seat of my pants on this group, but I know several of you mentioned you are interested in working on your plating, as am I. I figured maybe to kick things off lets have a thread for plating based on a central concept. The concept for this thread is "Straight Lines". A lot of modern plating uses symmetry as a design element, and one of the most powerful forms of symmetry is parallel or contiguous lines. So post your plating concepts up! They can be real...
 I agree GM. I certainly think that we could and probably should move towards including techniques as a challenge theme or at least broadening the themes so that the potential for variations is higher. "Sauces!" - would probably be my next choice if I am ever selected to host another challenge. Regardless, I am really looking forward to JonPaul's selection and will embrace it and cook my butt off!
Congratulations @JonPaul! Hey man.. you're the bride.. not the bridesmaid now! Since JonPaul started posting at cheftalk, he jumped in with both feet in these challenges. His ambition and enthusiasm is contagious and I'm very happy that Lucas selected him to host the next challenge.   That being said, the rest of you put up amazing dishes, over and over and inspired me to try harder. It's been a real privilege to share the experience with all of you.   Bring on March!
 This is definitely true, they are so buried that even after I created the group the only way I knew to get back to it was to navigate to cheftalk.com/groups .. personally I think the groups have killer potential, enough to warrant a top level menu item, perhaps after "Gallery" you could have "Groups"?