or Connect

Posts by Lance Folicle

Hi, I'd like to get a couple of really good and interesting buscuit recipes. Something not too sweet, more on the savory side, good for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if posssible. Anyone got some ideas?
Heavy, manufacturing, or whipping cream contains no carbohydrates (well, between zero and 0.5 grams), unlike milk, which has a fair amount per cup, 22 grams.
I was thinking of making a cheddar cheese sauce to drizzle over some broccoli, however, the recipes that I have for the sauce all include flour (to make the base) and milk. Any cooks out there that might have a suggestion or two to make the sauce low or no carb? Calories are not an issue. One thought was to use heavy cream instead of milk. Might that make the sauce too thick or too rich?
Our recent CSA box contained a big, lovely-looking bunch of mizuma - sometimes spelled mizuna. Anybody have any ideas for it's preparation?
Most commercial cereals tend to be heavy on the sugar and carbs, and fairly high to high with their glycemic load and index. I stay away from any commercial cereal and make my own using whatever grains work best for my condition and taste preference. I usually make oatmeal with some banana or light fruit, barley-oatmeal, and a multi-grain cereal. I exercise portion control, stay away from sugar and other sweeteners except for certain fresh fruits.
One more reason to not eat "industrialized" food: Mercury in corn syrup? -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Who's a thunk it!? I tried it this evening and was quite pleased. Low Carb Examiner: Cauliflower Pizza Crust: Worth its Wow in GoldNutritional Information for the entire crust: calories: 434, fat: 25 g, carbohydrates: 8 (net), 13 if counting all, fiber: 5 g, protein: 41 g. Nutritional Information for one serving: 109 calories, 7 grams fat, 2 net carbs, 1.5 grams fiber, 10 grams protein.
This morning I came across a recipe for a Florentine-style chicken breast. The boneless breast halves are stuffed with a mixture of cheese and spinach, then wrapped with slices of prosciutto and baked in a 400-deg F oven. That sounds like the ham may get burned or at the very least, dried out. Do you think that might be the case? If so, how might the problem be prevented? A friend suggested wrapping the breasts after they've cooked for a while. That sounds like it may be...
Balogna sandwich ...
Gave it a quick blanch, trimmed off the hard parts of the stalk, sautéed and caramelized some leeks in EVOO, added some garlic, put the rabe into the pan and let it cook down a bit, then added some red pepper flakes and some crispy pancetta pieces - the pancetta was trimmed of excess fat so the results were nice, lean, and meaty chips. Some of the pancetta fat remained in the pan, so the rabe was cooked with that and the olive oil. Quite tasty .... may try some spicy...