Posts by ChefBillyB

I'm located in the Pacific Northwest about 250 miles from Vancouver, BC. You could find any kind of restaurant in Vancouver. That being said, I think the school would offer a more wide range concept of teaching about different kinds of cuisines. Vancouver is also a great town with lots of hustle and bustle. In Albuquerque New Mexico the town is more of a local Southwest cuisine with many of the restaurants reflecting the foods of the area. If I'm trying to get the most out...
I always told my Chefs and Managers I expect the restaurant to run 100% to my satisfaction when I'm there. What impresses me is when it runs 100% to my satsifaction when I'm gone. This is all about trust and respect. If I walk into a bad closing it shows me I don't have the right people closing. In other words they're only a good employee when I'm watching. Explain this to your employees, if you can't close the kitchen properly in your absents then you will have to find...
Just a heads up I'm gonna be complaining this whole time so don't blame me for you reading this whole thing.........Fire Him !!!!!!! See how easy that was. If you hire someone to help and they aren't a help then they're a hinder...... If you need to be nice do it this way. Tell him " One of us isn't working out, and it's not me" Here's your last check.....Good Luck......ChefBillyB
Call everyone by name. I have never had anyone in any of my food services call me Chef. This only happens in Schools or kitchens that think they are bigger than life. I wouldn't put to many people on a pedestal. Everyone works hard in the kitchen, If the Chef and Sous tell you to call them Chef then do it. Other wish call them by name. 
In New Haven Ct on your way home stop at the place the hamburger began. http://www.louislunch.com     Or....http://www.pepespizzeria.com For a Clam pizza that will change your life...... Or in fact any pizza.     In Westport Ct and a bit closer to home on your way home http://www.westfairfishandchip.com  This would be a good place to try the Whole Belly clams....This also wouldn't  be a bad day trip out of NYC. Westport is a nice town.
Sorry Henock, I was talking about people in the United Sates. There is big turnover in the restaurant business. The industry has a high fail rate.... I won't even begin to understand whens right for Africa.......The Best........ChefBillyB 
When I say Boston I think Ipswich fried Whole Belly Clams....Yankee Lobster...check with locals about other places for fried clams.   Neptune Oyster for almost anything and Lobster rolls...Cherry stone clams....   The Daily Catch......Anything seafood   Giacomo's Ristorante...Italian anything.......   Have fun......Think Seafood.........Enjoy
They now have one sign for restaurants.....GRAND OPENING on one side....GOING OUT OF BUSINESS on the backside. All the restaurants in my area that opened and closed after a year thought this was an easy and fun business. This is the hardest business to succeed in......
I agree with foodpump !!! I've done many catering that were done in off the wall places. The food temp and quality were always a concern from kitchen to site/serve.  Like foodpump said, having a person that is well versed in food safety and training is a must in this kind of operation.    Check out how the dabbawalas deliver the food in India and you will be a success. They deliver home cooked meal from moms and wives and deliver them to their husbands and kids many...
My opinion of myself is much higher than other people view me. I guess that means I know me. I think you might ask the GM what he/she sees different in you than you see. If the GM wants change, then why is it he/she would think it's a good idea for you to be involved in the new change. There is nothing wrong with cheerleading for yourself. You can't make them change their mind, but, you can ask why not me.......Good Luck.......ChefBillyB