or Connect

Posts by ChefBillyB

In my career, I was involved in over 25 food services, The happiest day was " The Day The Buck Stopped Here"!!!!!!!!
This is a two cheese, veggie,   Spanish Chorizo Omelet.......I sautee the veggies, put in the egg,bleed the egg from top to bottom, flip and put in the cheese. I let the heat of the pan cook the bottom while the cheese melts from the top heat after folding. I want the top to look just done and fluffy..........  
Talk to your Rep, he is there to help you figure things out and meet your needs. The one thing you need to remember is, it's a two way street, you are both out to help each other. It cost money to make a stop, the less stops along with a full truck, is what the company looks for. You also need to find out what days Sysco delivers in your area. If something is needed your Rep can meet the truck and bring the item to you. IMHO, a good Rep takes my order when I have time to...
BBQ Pork sands & fries Spaghetti & Meat sauce, salad and garlic bread Lasagna with garlic toast...( I have made it for $1.25 a slice cut 24 in a 2" full pan ) Sweet & Sour meatballs over rice Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy hot veg Tacos RF beans, Spanish rice Chix enchilladas Beef stew in a bread bowl Pepper steak over egg noodles Teriyaki chix with fried rice Mac and cheese hot dogs
It's time to cut into the Spanish Chorizo and Salami. They both had nice color, wonderful taste. I'm going to make an omelet with a Chorizo tomorrow, I think it will be better eating it with other foods, or with crusty bread and cheese. This recipe called for a lot of Smoked paprika, you can see this is the photo. After I cut into the Chorizo a bit more, I would like to see some of the hot pepper chili flakes I put in this recipe........  
At first I thought Elephant, then I remember, this girl is from the Island, she not a mainland girl. Then I think a pig coming to make his own Kalua for Luau. I think maybe some Lau Lau, lomi lomi salmon, two scoop of rice for plate lunch sista.........
I harvested some Roosters that were bugging my hens to death a few months ago. There isn't a lot of breast meat on a young rooster but whats there is tender. The legs and thigh get tougher as the rooster gets older and runs around the pasture more. I made the rooster breast meat Sous Vide while using the carcass, leg, wing and thigh for stock and Chicken soup. The fat on a rooster is also thicker and more rubbery. I browned this in butter after having in Sous Vide for 1...
I use the Sous Vide Demi, just the right size for home use. This is the rack it comes with.  ChefBillyB Professional Chef   onlineJoined 2/2009 Location: Pacific Northwest Posts: 113
This is a Top Round ready for the Sous Vide water oven.           Cooked at 132 degrees for 15 hrs             I reheated the roast in the Sous Vide at 131 degree for about an hour.  I browned the seasoned roast top round  in butter. Then served it with roasted red potatoes, roast beef slices with horseradish sauce. The meat was as tender as a Prime Rib, not bad for a tough piece of meat.          Notice, when cooking this roast and reheating it, it still has nice red...
I think Sous Vide would work well with the pork belly. After it is sous vide, it could be sliced in portion sizes, browned as needed. What's nice about it is, the portion sizes are thin enough that when browned, it will also be heated all the way through.....Chefbillyb