or Connect

Posts by ChefBillyB

I posted this not for people to agree or disagree with what I posted. I think it's a good discussion typic on how each Chef will look at their own kitchen or business. In this business labor cost control has always been a big factor. I feel the min wage increase will make every operator to rethink again how their kitchen will operate. To take this a bit farther just think of how fast-food chains will approach this. It's going to be interesting on how this all washes out in...
Hey Chef, Great post! Your comments show you never know where your going to end up. I know when you went to NYC in the back of your mind your thought was " If I could make it here I could make it anywhere". The property your working now is giving you the chance to do it your way, be creative and show your skills. You have learned what every Chef will hopefully experience in their career. When I thought I hit bottom in my career turned out to be a stepping stone to owning...
I agree the baby has to go. Now lets order, I'll have two of everything.
Foodpump, your in Vancouver BC, I know there is much worse than that. We go through Nelson BC to go up to Ainsworth Hot Springs. This is a small town with a hippy feel of the 70's. Nothing surprises me in todays world. When I really think I've seen it all I go through Portland, Oregon and it shows me more than I can handle.      leeniek, you are an old fart!
Number 1: If you don't fire him I will. Now lets move on. When you put something on paper like "Wash your hands every hour" Think of the prep cook that cut chicken and when done cutting and handling it went on to chop lettuce in less than an hours time. Well, the hour isn't up so he doesn't have to wash his hands. Now when your in Court because he went to cut lettuce that day after cutting chicken he got 25 people sick from eating at your restaurant. When the Judge asks...
 foodpump, I always pick up a bitter tone in his posts. If a person doesn't get satisfaction by cooking food that people will appreciate their in the wrong business. If I thought the way rndmchef does I would have gotten a job cooking at the Center for Constipated Adults of America.......
Cook1st, I have a strange feeling you love the feeling of being in charge and succeeding. You like the feeling of being important, the feeling of accomplishment. The only problem is, your management skills and organization are killing you. Some of the things you said over your posts are going to come back to bite you in the ass. The night you walk off the job during service, the Saturday night "stress test" is another  one. This is what a GM would put up with if he...
Phaedrus, This guy never played football and he's now asked to QB the Super Bowl. 
I agree with Pete, the precut stuff tastes a bit off. I feel cutting your own is a better product. I have used all kinds of precut for catering. The only precut I felt did me any good was the shredded lettuce I used for burgers......
 That's not even close to being true. Everyone I know including me gives a basic 15% at most casual dining restaurants. When I go to upscale restaurants and the service is better than good I leave 20 to 25%. This happens with nobody watching. I think you see what you want to see.......