or Connect

Posts by ChefBillyB

I hired a brick layer last month 50% down the rest when the job is done. Do all the caterer's here pay for their haircut in advance. If I am contracting a service I would never give 100% payment until the service was completed. When I worked with my clients I shook their hand in the beginning and at the end of the function. I met with them at the end of the function so I could find out if it met their satisfaction. I didn't do many weddings because they are a PITA. When I...
OMG! How could I be so dam stupid! To think all this work is done, waiters waiting, food ready, tables rented. Then the buffet line slides down the hill into the water. No one is able to eat. Case closed my a-s.......I would never pay a caterer 100% of the money before they delivered what was contracted. I have catered for over 30 years and have never had 100% of the money in my pocket before the event. How do you explain that ????? 
I would bet someone told them they're stupid for paying the whole amount before the function. I know I would't pay the full amount. If I'm not happy with the caterer I want the ball in my court. Don't send e-mail find out what the real problem is about. Call them!
Tis isn't the Iceman of yesteryear. There has to be an Italian beef sandwich that isn't shown in the picture. Come on over we'll throw a chunk of beef on that salad.Those Ribeyes will be cut into 11/2" steaks after they hang for a month.
I cooked a lot  of these over the years. I used Top rounds on my buffets and for all my roast beef needs on the front line. As long as it's carved thin it's tender. The problem I had with a real large Top round was it took so darn long to cook. They were a PITA to have ready when need. The good thing was they hold well in the warmer. I know I cooked mine at 350 degrees in a convection oven. All that being said and because the roast will hold in a warmer cooking ahead is...
Cook it at a lower temp. I cook mine at 126 to 128 degrees.....
masseurchef, Welcome to Cheftalk. Your maturity, age, dependability and the fact that your going to Culinary school at this age show eagerness and passion. I would hire you in a heartbeat. Walk into all your interviews not telling the chef what you know but, what you can and will offer to the kitchen. Tell the Chef you will be on time and eager to learn fast. You will work any and all hours trying to make their job easier about call-ins. Tell them about your passion and...
Chicken strips with mac and cheese, 
The Health dept will be fine with it. As long as you mix in a approved container. You will clean it in a approved kitchen.  I haven't looked through them but you may want to run it by the health dept. They do have some large heavy duty ones for food service. I liked this one for your use because of the mixer. Look under hand held mixers and see how many there are. I don't use these but they are a good idea.........Chef Bill This one is food service approved but kind a...