or Connect

Posts by ChefBillyB

Good idea not a bad price. I think my Sous Vide Supreme was about $300 a few years ago. 
Luis de Vence, Welcome to Cheftalk. There are a few ways to look at this. They are undercutting you to establish their business.  After they establish a clientele they may raise the price higher to make a profit. What you need to look at is, are you measuring apples to apples. Is the quality and service the same. If everything is equal then there isn't a real big solution. If your quality is better, than you can just tell people we are better, our serve is good and our...
This is your Recipe:    It's a basic recipe: fresh parsley & rosemary, washed, chopped EVO lemon juice garlic powder & red chili flake S&P   If the Health dept were to look up recipes it would say to refrigerate over night. My question would be to ask, If all the ingredients in this mixture don't need refrigeration by themselves, do the combined ingredients need to be kept cold. The reason why your having a problem is because none of the Health inspectors really...
I think I should redefine what I mean when I say I agree with this happening. What I know happens around every state is people will always cook food items and sell to others. What I agree with is a situation like " Were having a graduation party and you know a person that makes the best Lasagna around". I don't agree with someone opening up shop and competing with local B&M business that offer catering and follow the rules. There is a reason why we have the laws we have....
If they arrest the person cooking Illegally then they should arrest the person eating it also. I mean if the prostitute gets arrested the John also gets arrested. I could see me calling my wife from jail telling her to come bail me out. HI honey, I was involved in a sting and got caught red handed buying Illegal Ceviche. Her first thought would be leaving me in jail. I am now viewed a no good underhanded lowlife who would stoop so low to embarrass his whole family by...
As Travel and Leisure shows it all depends on what window your looking through. The ones who look down on the lady in California will praise the others doing it in another venue.   http://www.travelandleisure.com/slideshows/worlds-best-secret-dining-clubs     food-obsessed diners around the world are seeking out these secret clubs, where strangers braise, sauté, and flambée for strangers, often illegally, for the sheer love of cooking. Some hobby chefs do it to test...
HI Jay, welcome to Cheftalk. When I went to my sons graduation from culinary school I noticed someone signing to a girl in his class. The girl was hearing impaired and graduated at the top of the class. I was really impressed with her and would have hired her in a heartbeat. I'm not sure what obstacles you face in pursuing your dream but, I comment you for your passion and drive to succeed. Let us know what kind of help you may need to accomplish your goals in the culinary...
IN THIS PARAGRAPH YOU SAID: I went off to college and after a year dropped out to travel the United States playing poker. Did that for 5 years and decided the life wasn't for me anymore. I moved to NYC chasing a girl and got into the real estate business. I did alright, but I learned that in the real estate game only the boss makes the money. I opened my own office with two other business partners. I worked hard. 70 hours a week squeezing every penny out of the dollars we...
Now that I know how sensitive you are, I'll PM you a inspirational quote of the day. 
My Mom was a good cook. She learned how to cook back in the day when Moms stayed home. I feel she worked hard to make the food good for her family. She wanted to do the best she could for the ones she loved. In turn, we loved what she did for us. When I started my business I used this passion and love for wanting to do the best I could for my clients and customers. I guess it all boils down to passion and love for what your doing. Just because your a Chef doesn't mean your...