Posts by ChefBillyB

Catering or Vendor ?????? I'm not to sure you could pull this off unless your a well know Chef traveling around Texas. Catering is planned months in advance and you would have to be known to every city in Texas in order to be considered. The first good step is to know  flipflopgirl she is known at all the fish cleaning stations throughout Texas. One thing to check is if a insurance rider is needed if your using a city or county owned property. You would also need this...
My cooks used to always ask me, how long should I cook this? My answer was always, Just until it done, no longer. I braise all my meats at 275 degrees. I would say that most everything or most all recipes will say to bake at 350 degrees. Some may be at 375.....
I see these as helping to cut labor in the BOH. I also agree with Chefross with the biggest cost savings being in the FOH. The FOH service in our industry has been lacking  for years. There will be much more self-service and a higher quality of focus on food. I think we have come to the point of "Just wanting to eat" and a more no fuss approach to getting our food. You will see more iPads for ordering at the table with more card swiping paying method. The service will just...
I would only use Sous Vide for steaks if I was trying to cook a 2" Ribeye, NY or Filet. If your frying up a 1" steak it's easy enough to just cook as you normally would. I think of Sous Vide for beef as longer cooking slower process. This is a bottom round that was Sous Vide and had for dinner yesterday. It was in the water bath for over 40 hrs. After cooking at 130 degrees it was rare and tender. We pasture raise and corn finish our cows. I have hundreds of lbs of roasts...
Yes! Going back over the years they used to put in sour cream to prevent them from turning green. I was amazed how well they stayed in the plastic containers sealed with a tight lid in our standup warmer. We cooked/ scrambled the eggs on the flat grill and then stored in the containers. We also used these eggs for pre made omelets that also held well. They would hold even better if you used a plastic 1/2 pan if you were doing a buffet. The reason why I used these is...
No! Just think if that were the case. If your thinking of cooking outdoors for a group of people at a catered affair you may want to check with the City and Fire Dept about FireExtinguishers. 
I used eggs in a bag in my operation for many years. These are real eggs                                      6025-88927 Whole Eggs 2 bags in a box 20 lb. bag Whole Eggs, 15.15% Water, Salt, Citric Acid water added as a carrier for Citric Acid...
Catered $8.95 pp or $358.00 This is an easy low cost meal. You can make the meatballs ahead of time and just heat in sauce when your on site. You can also make the spaghetti ahead cooked al dente. I would go with Garlic bread using Italian bread sliced in half with garlic butter then broiled and sliced. Don't forget the Parmesan cheese........Good luck....
I did demo Wok cooking in my Catering business. This worked great. I had it made so when I'm walking to the cooking site from the truck the propane tank could sit on the side. The flame was insane......    
I would figure your using a cube steak for the (bistec encebollado) this could be a 4oz portion. The (pollo guisado) could be made with Chicken tenders so as to portion two pcs per person. With the rice and potato salad.   4 oz cube steak 2 chicken tenders 11/2 oz each. Then figure in what the rest of the ingredients cost for the stewed chix dish and the meat dish. The Rice and potato salad should be that high of a cost. I can't see you having more than $4 to $5 food...