Posts by ChefBillyB

I could write a book on the logistics needed to do this kind of food delivery service. There is no way you could deliver the menu shown, using the menu items such as hamburgers, holding up and being delivered and still be a high quality product. French fries don't travel well, trying to hot hold a hamburger with lettuce  and tomato intact would be nothing short of being awful. If your looking to "hot hold" anything that would hold up for your lunch clients the entrees...
I haven't peeled 1000's of eggs, I hired people to do it. I cook hard boiled eggs at home starting in cold water, bring to a boil and boil for 12 minutes. All that being said, we know you know how to boil eggs. We have 10 hens and also have more than enough eggs. When you boil eggs make twice the amount you need. When you have a few that don't peel good, smash the hell out of them and feed them back to the hens. the eggs are a good source of protein and the shell is a...
Anytime you have a though steak don't blame the cow. The cow didn't it! The feed lot fed me my whole life, I didn't have a choice what I ate, the cow said. By Brother cow lived on a farm and ate wonderful green grass all of his life. He was then finished with corn for 150 days to put some marbling in his meat. What cow do you think had a better life ??? We raise our own cows but that isn't the point. If you eat meat, try to find a butcher in your town that buys from local...
Jess, I can only tell you about my career and climbing the ladder of success. I will tell you I wasn't ready to manage a kitchen or anything else at 23 years old. I learned while being involved in about 25 food services along the way. I learned something from each of them. I come from restaurant management, Food and Beverage Hotel Director, Private club management, Coliseum food management. I did all these while learning how to cook and become a Chef. I fell back on the...
I hope you know that we would never put down Grandma's meatballs. You never want to get on the wrong side of Grandma. I wonder if the original recipe called for Lamb ??? Like you said these are for soup so that could be the reason she made them the way she did.  I'm sure Grandma knew her way around the spice market growing up in Egypt. Also, going back meat of any kind could have been in short supply and something that may have been hard to afford for the family. This...
 First of all, sorry about what happened to your fallen brother. Second of all thank you for your service. Put in only what makes you look good. If you left a restaurant because you couldn't get along with upper management then that could be a problem. When I read a resume I want it to be short and to the point. I want to see someone who gets along with people, has a great personality and has compassion. If a person looks to be a hard ass then that hard ass approach could...
Koukouvagia, the only thing I see that may even come close would be the Cinnamon. When I think of Middle Eastern meatballs I think spices and full of flavor. A yogurt sauce would in most cases accompany the meatball. I think of Chopped garlic, Mint, Zatar, Blk pepper, Cumin, Gnd All spice and a few more. In my business and being in many food services I was always open to better. The better I get the better quality items my customer gets. It's easy to get into the mold of...
In most Middle Eastern Meatball recipes you will find many more spices for ingredients. You may like Grandmas recipe but in no way would it be close to what most recipes would include. I wouldn't turn up my nose if Koukouvagia is willing to give you another recipe. If Mr Clean could came out with a new and improved version of their product who's to say you can't get a new and improved Middle Eastern meatball recipe. I for one would like it!!!! ChefBillyB
Now I remember why I didn't do Weddings. I think this is more modern day" I get what I want and the Hell with you". I think people had more of a feeling of moral conscience in the past. What the OP describes in past catering's shows people don't really give a shit what his needs are. I was happy to be in a situation that most of my catering were for my clients. The other factor I had was, people called me and asked if would cater their function. I always felt catering is a...
This looks to be a problem with working with an event person/planner that's low on the corp totem poll. The corp event planner is following the regular rules of getting invoices expedited. Almost all my catering was Corp accounts. I all cases I gave them my invoice a few days after the event and then check was reposed either in-house or from the corp office. I think many of the caterer's that don't work with Corp accounts will not understand there is a process and the...