Posts by ChefBillyB

In New Haven Ct on your way home stop at the place the hamburger began. http://www.louislunch.com     Or....http://www.pepespizzeria.com For a Clam pizza that will change your life...... Or in fact any pizza.     In Westport Ct and a bit closer to home on your way home http://www.westfairfishandchip.com  This would be a good place to try the Whole Belly clams....This also wouldn't  be a bad day trip out of NYC. Westport is a nice town.
Sorry Henock, I was talking about people in the United Sates. There is big turnover in the restaurant business. The industry has a high fail rate.... I won't even begin to understand whens right for Africa.......The Best........ChefBillyB 
When I say Boston I think Ipswich fried Whole Belly Clams....Yankee Lobster...check with locals about other places for fried clams.   Neptune Oyster for almost anything and Lobster rolls...Cherry stone clams....   The Daily Catch......Anything seafood   Giacomo's Ristorante...Italian anything.......   Have fun......Think Seafood.........Enjoy
They now have one sign for restaurants.....GRAND OPENING on one side....GOING OUT OF BUSINESS on the backside. All the restaurants in my area that opened and closed after a year thought this was an easy and fun business. This is the hardest business to succeed in......
I agree with foodpump !!! I've done many catering that were done in off the wall places. The food temp and quality were always a concern from kitchen to site/serve.  Like foodpump said, having a person that is well versed in food safety and training is a must in this kind of operation.    Check out how the dabbawalas deliver the food in India and you will be a success. They deliver home cooked meal from moms and wives and deliver them to their husbands and kids many...
My opinion of myself is much higher than other people view me. I guess that means I know me. I think you might ask the GM what he/she sees different in you than you see. If the GM wants change, then why is it he/she would think it's a good idea for you to be involved in the new change. There is nothing wrong with cheerleading for yourself. You can't make them change their mind, but, you can ask why not me.......Good Luck.......ChefBillyB
If you have a place like Government Park with 2000 people going to for lunch would give you a great amount of clientele to work with in one area. Why not restructure your idea to a food truck or mobile food distribution van/truck that could distribute food and take money quickly. This would be a much easier way of making a set amount of meals " NOT preordered" but purchased to order. The way people think  eating in North America is much different than in Africa. I feel it...
I could write a book on the logistics needed to do this kind of food delivery service. There is no way you could deliver the menu shown, using the menu items such as hamburgers, holding up and being delivered and still be a high quality product. French fries don't travel well, trying to hot hold a hamburger with lettuce  and tomato intact would be nothing short of being awful. If your looking to "hot hold" anything that would hold up for your lunch clients the entrees...
I haven't peeled 1000's of eggs, I hired people to do it. I cook hard boiled eggs at home starting in cold water, bring to a boil and boil for 12 minutes. All that being said, we know you know how to boil eggs. We have 10 hens and also have more than enough eggs. When you boil eggs make twice the amount you need. When you have a few that don't peel good, smash the hell out of them and feed them back to the hens. the eggs are a good source of protein and the shell is a...
Anytime you have a though steak don't blame the cow. The cow didn't it! The feed lot fed me my whole life, I didn't have a choice what I ate, the cow said. By Brother cow lived on a farm and ate wonderful green grass all of his life. He was then finished with corn for 150 days to put some marbling in his meat. What cow do you think had a better life ??? We raise our own cows but that isn't the point. If you eat meat, try to find a butcher in your town that buys from local...