or Connect

Posts by ChefBillyB

I always give my chickens a cigarette and a beer before I cut their necks off. Wait! It's me that gets the beer and cigarette......We kill ours that morning and have two on the rotisserie that afternoon. No problem for us doing it that way. You could also brine the chic over night.
Hi Richard, I think you have some people that don't know very much about putting the right product in the right place. Some people will buy the Orbits Mini donut maker and think they could sell 1000"s  anyplace they set up. Like you said, sometime you can't make them fast enough somedays you can't sell one. I'm not to sure about the mini donut consultant because it's such a limited single serve item.    Are you able to offer different toppings ? or are you limited to...
gabeeaster, I wouldn't worry about any licenses or permits for now. This is a small party for friends that you are being paid for time spent. This will be a great learning experience and just may be the first step to forming a small business. It sounds like your ready and confident on your menu and talent. Don't cut yourself short, you don't have to be a Chef to serve great food. Have fun and enjoy Super Bowl Sunday, I'm sure you will do just fine.......Good Luck........
Richard, This is the one that the guy has in Mexico. It doesn't get my more basic than this. I was just wondering if the fryer well could be used off to the side to offer a different product if a person want too..........
You may not be cooking like a pro but it looks like they want you for your quality food. IMHO, If I were doing this I would want to avg $100 an hr. You can take 1/2 of that or even $40 an hr and you will do just fine for your first catering. The problem is it's a friend that asking yo to do this. Your thinking it's a step into a new business so you could look at this many ways. I would say for you Max $50 an hr and min $30 an hr.......Who's serving ????
I think the path of least resistance to your first million would be having a Business degree. Although I think there are many a business degrees working the produce section in Walmart. In todays world you need a Masters degree to real money and a successful career. In a few years a Collage degree will be as mandatory as a high school diploma is today. In order to succeed in a Culinary school you need a lot of passion. Only Passion for your trade will get you through the...
Richard, could you also do a churro out of the same machine out a side mount. When I go to Mexico there is a street vendor that has a had crank and cuts the batter as it falls from the machine. All they need is some Cinn & Sugar and it's a done deal.
I would go with water-to-bone ratio: add enough water to cover the bones, then add one third that amount again. For about albs of bones us 2qt then add 1qt for a total of 3 qtr. This will be easier to figure the amount of bones needed for your size stock pot. I would go over night on beef stock and lesser time on all other stocks. I agree with you about reducing the stock. No matter what we always look for a full bodied rich flavored stock. Start off with the best will end...
Quit! Ok, Quit after using your head looking for a new position. Don't worry about your 6 month gig at this restaurant, explain why at a interview. I was involved in 25 food services in my career. Most of those gave me the opportunity to grow, succeed and display my passion and skill. Most of those didn't give me or my family a quality home life. I needed to find balance so I could have my cake and eat it too. Im my case I did it outside the restaurant business getting...
Drew Welcome to Cheftalk! I could not have said it better, you hit the nail on the head. I think most Chefs feel the same way you do, I know I did. If I had to do it over agin I would build a restaurant that I could manage with as few employees as possible. After many years of thinking about this the business would be closer to a food truck or small breakfast and lunch diner. I would do everything like a short order cook, open kitchen concept. I got into my business...