or Connect

Posts by ChefBillyB

When we process some roosters on our farm I always comment on how much better the flavor is. If you are making this dish it maybe fun to check around and see if you can find one or two roosters locally.This would also make it a bit more authentic  with a feel of being in a villa in France. I don't think most people make a dish like this at home because it so involved. It's really not that hard, it really just looks that way. Most recipes are basically close to being in the...
I don't think many elders are complaining at upscale senior living facilities. The more you pay the better the food. That being said everything in this world falls into in with "how much are you willing to pay" for what you get. I chefed in a Hospital for two years and had a lot of fun doing so. I learned a lot about diet and healthy food prep. I tried my best to make all the meals as tasty as possible so as to make the hospital stay better for the patients. In taking this...
 I can only control my own agenda. I would let the chef know it's not a real happy work atmosphere working with her. When you work for someone you don't have a lot of control over your destiny. This is why I started my own business. Work hard and be there for your chef they will read through the bullshit and get the real story. 
Butzy, they maybe a bit to hot for putting in pickles but you may want to try.....  
If this is a employee event with all adult employees then I would charge an adult price per person. I "would not" give a discount because of the volume. If it's a employee family picnic with spouses and kids I would cost it out and figure the per person cost taking account that 400 of the 800 people could be kids. Lets say the adult cost of the meal is $10 and a kids cost would be $6, I would charge a flat cost of $8 per person. Talk with your client and figure how long...
The shoes saved your life and your complaining! The shoes you bought were for spills. For the meatball you would need non trip......I think the non trip shoes for not tripping on meatballs are Italian made. 
Jason, what I meant  was the select Ribeye was leaner than a choice Ribeye. I agree the filet will not give you the flavor your looking for, it will give you tenderness. The Ribeye may give you more beef flavor, I'm just wondering if it will be tender enough.......
I wouldn't want to open a steak house using select grade beef. Your going from a better grade choice filet to a lesser grade leaner cut. The only way to know for sure is to try it. Your not going to get a quality flavor or tenderness out of a lesser quality steak......I think you'll be happier staying with the Choice filet. 
Hey Berry, welcome to Cheftalk! This could be real easy if you pick the right items for the salad bar. I wouldn't worry to much about the salad bar part. Because of the mess of building your own taco I would set up a station and serve taco truck tacos. Give them a separate plate with two or three small tacos with either beef or chix, onions and cilantro. If your going with a hard shell tacos and leave it to them to build it themselves it's more of a problem. When they walk...
I think your in good shape understanding whats important to think and rethink to insure you keep the quality of your food intact. If your able to keep all your cold food cold until service I would worry about icing it at service. If your traveling with the salads and they will be losing their chill for a long period of time you will need to be concerned about keeping them cold. In most cases a smaller salad bowl placed into a larger salad bowl with crushed ice coming up...