Posts by ChefBillyB

First of all, sorry about what happened to your fallen brother. Second of all thank you for your service. Put in only what makes you look good. If you left a restaurant because you couldn't get along with upper management then that could be a problem. When I read a resume I want it to be short and to the point. I want to see someone who gets along with people, has a great personality and has compassion. If a person looks to be a hard ass then that hard ass approach could...
Koukouvagia, the only thing I see that may even come close would be the Cinnamon. When I think of Middle Eastern meatballs I think spices and full of flavor. A yogurt sauce would in most cases accompany the meatball. I think of Chopped garlic, Mint, Zatar, Blk pepper, Cumin, Gnd All spice and a few more. In my business and being in many food services I was always open to better. The better I get the better quality items my customer gets. It's easy to get into the mold of...
In most Middle Eastern Meatball recipes you will find many more spices for ingredients. You may like Grandmas recipe but in no way would it be close to what most recipes would include. I wouldn't turn up my nose if Koukouvagia is willing to give you another recipe. If Mr Clean could came out with a new and improved version of their product who's to say you can't get a new and improved Middle Eastern meatball recipe. I for one would like it!!!! ChefBillyB
Now I remember why I didn't do Weddings. I think this is more modern day" I get what I want and the Hell with you". I think people had more of a feeling of moral conscience in the past. What the OP describes in past catering's shows people don't really give a shit what his needs are. I was happy to be in a situation that most of my catering were for my clients. The other factor I had was, people called me and asked if would cater their function. I always felt catering is a...
This looks to be a problem with working with an event person/planner that's low on the corp totem poll. The corp event planner is following the regular rules of getting invoices expedited. Almost all my catering was Corp accounts. I all cases I gave them my invoice a few days after the event and then check was reposed either in-house or from the corp office. I think many of the caterer's that don't work with Corp accounts will not understand there is a process and the...
Welcome Zach! All the recipes I see are building the banh mi sandwich with cold meats. That being said and not knowing your reasoning I'll answer your question. Like Chefbuba said you could keep the meats warm in a steam table/ crock pot or whatever means you have on the truck for hot holding. This method is fine if the chicken and pork are a large part of the menu and the meats are needed in volume. The other method you mentioned and if you need a few portions at a time...
Looks great!!! was it eatable ??????? and if so what were your thoughts ?????
Matt, better today then Dec 1st....When you have a Grand opening you want to "Fail Safe" two things, customer service and quality. You can hire employees to cover job positions. You can also have friends and family members do some of the easier/ nonessential jobs like cleaning tables, emptying garbage/ helping restock, backing up and keeping the coffee station clean and so on. You may ask how long should we do this "Fail safe" approach to opening the business. The answer...
Hey Matt, one thing to remember is and like you said, it's a small town. Word travels fast, good and bad. When I start a new business I have more than enough employees to cover whats needed. I can't know  what demand is, I just need to be able to respond to it when it happens. The only thing your wife needs to be doing during the busy time at the bakery is PR. She needs to be out front taking with people and making sure all their needs are taken care of. She can't take...
Going back years ago I was trained in management my a Japanese man who was GM of three restaurants and catering in a busy complex in Hawaii. He was harder than Hell on me because he wanted me to succeed. He throw a lot of work my way, most of it had to be done at home on my own time after working a 12 hour day. I asked him once " When you give me a job to do how fast do you expect me to get it accomplished". His answer to me was, when his boss ask's him for something he...