or Connect

Posts by ChefBillyB

I remember years ago when the only thing in the Prefab, ready to eat, heat and serve, peel off the clear wrap and microwave, new and improved, better than Yadda Yadda Yadda....... was a fish stick TV dinner. I remember the TV dinner really sucking. If you look at the freezer section in Costco it would make you think no one cooks anymore. The salt content is taking care off all our  "Taste" needs now a days. Don't worry because the Doctor is right there with a pill to bring...
        This is cooked Sous Vide without eggs and after broiling for a crust.
    Sous Vide Meatloaf: I used a ziplock bag on this, I used the water displacement method to get the air out of the bag.   This is how it looks when I took it out of the water oven. I cooked it at 140 degrees for 2 hrs.     Browned under the broiler for a few minutes for a nice crust.     ready to eat     No eggs in this meatloaf and as you see it stayed together and was nice and moist.      
5 bucks in my house. If your a Mom and Dad send them to GM and GP's house during the loosing teeth years. If your a GM and GP don't answer the phone because they probably loosened the tooth eating candy at your house.......
Welcome, I think your 1/2 way there. Caring and being a perfectionist is a great way to begin. I think when you start on your food binge you can have a Food and Beer party for your friends. 
I remember the old saying in a kitchen I worked in "Put it in the refer and when it turns green throw it out" The problem is organization and someone to have a plan for the food. If you have something going into the refer also have a plan for it to be used. Your at the point of cleaning house of anything in the refer that hasn't been used in a week. When you find a place for everything  you can make sure everything gets back into place each day. If I cleaned and organized...
I agree with, let it set up, don't cook at low temp get a nice crust on the top, you s/b able to move the meatloaf from the cutting board to a pan while it still staying intact. You should use a sharp non serrated knife to cut the loaf. Try not to make the girth to big, this would make the outside layer over cook while trying to cook the deep layer inside center. A stem thermo could be your friend. I think most home cooks overcook to make sure things are done. Take the...
 ​​​ When I did a lot of Prime rib, I always knew how many slices I would get out of one prime. If I remember right it was 16 to 18 slices. I would mark the top of each prime so I knew I was getting the amount needed per prime. You can also figure about 20% loss leaving you a 80% yield. If your using a 12lb rib or 192 oz less 20% or 38.4 oz loss leaves you with 154 oz of usable meat. This would give you 19 slices at 8oz each.........
I agree fp, But you know a frustrated Chef doesn't happen over night. It could be months or weeks of a lot of bs going on around him/her. When it hits the fan like this did, The owners should step in and make a move in the right direction. Like I said it's not a playground, it's real life. If the owners don't do something to correct the problem. The waitress could get hurt with a flying knife next time. Then the owners will be looking at a lawsuit or even losing the...
 that tough love is a ass kicker. I have had cooks try to screw me over the years thinking they were the smartest thing that ever happened. In most cases it didn't end real well.