or Connect

Posts by ChefBillyB

Chefbuba, Great going my friend! The people on this site only get to see your pictures. I get to eat your food and put up with your war stories.......Great job buddy!
JiMyra, good example of RV life. I live in the Pacific Northwest and bought a Thousand trails 2 region membership. Most of the parks in Wash and Oregon aren't that big of a deal but they give me what I need for part time living on the Washington, Oregon coast. My membership lets me stay 2 weeks at a time then have to be out for a week. During that 2 weeks in, it only cost me $3 a day with sewer and electric hookups. All that being said this method fits my situation because...
I think if it's really thought out it could work. A person can work in high tourist areas for seasonal work. Places like Yellowstone hire people to work during the summer season. Ski lodges hire in the winter. Golf and beach resorts hire during the summer months. If you plan right you could be asked back and plan your schedule. I'm not sure I would know of any other way of accomplishing this unless your traveling in a seasonal area that needs a larger staff for a shot...
My pasture raised Angus ground beef and onion burger with melted jalapeño jack and cheddar with red pepper relish.  
If I featured Philly Cheesesteaks as main sandwich I would use ribeye. I have used Top round for all my sandwich needs without any problem. The Top Round does need to be sliced thin so its not tough. You could also buy the Amoroso rolls through you purveyor. I have also tried the pucks and didn't really like them either. I have also roasted off Sirloin butts and used them for different RB needs in my food services. I think if you slice the Top round thin enough it will...
I would rather work outside the food service business than to work in two restaurants that didn't give me a satisfied feeling of accomplishment. I would also take less money to work in a restaurant that gave me the opportunity to learn, grow and successfully fulfill my passion. That being said, this business isn't about working in a restaurant as a front line cook of Sous without having a vision for the bigger picture. The bigger picture is always to become a Chef or...
It doesn't really matter what temp you cook the roast. It matters at what temp you take the roast out of the oven. The Cow has more to do with the quality of the meat then i do. I just season the outside and all is well. I have roasted off 1000's of pounds and have always had good results with roasting until 120 degrees internal temp. Two 12 lb roasts with a 20% loss 80% yield will give you 38 8oz servings. When I do these for catering I mark " with a knife" the amount of...
What an idiot! I think mouthwash at Walmart is 89 cents. How is this guy going to have money for the jail commissary by spending his money foolishly.
 Almost everyone gets a tour of the kitchen when hired. If you didn't agree with things then, don't complain about it now. Why would anyone worry about keeping a job for 6 months just to put it on a Resume. It looks like you already learned how not to run a kitchen. Leave now before bad habits rub off........
The kitchen is controlled chaos during busy times. What happens when you take away the controlled part??? it's up to the chef to show confidence and control during a busy time.