or Connect

Posts by ChefBillyB

Hey Josh, I think once you teach everyone how to make BBQ shrimp you could write your own ticket. If your a good front line cook in Nola you s/b be fine walking in around $14 to $16 to $18 range. Of course most Chefs will want to give you a trail run to see how good you are at a bit low wages. You know how this business is, it depends on the house. I would say the inner city will pay more than the burbs. I'm about 200 miles East of Seattle about the same distance from...
NOC, working the FOH takes takes a different kind of person. I started in the FOH managing Restaurants. I always worked the dining room talking with customers, taking care of problems before they become problems. I also helped my servers during a rush or serving a large party. There are some people that are made for the job, I know you have worked with these people. These are the people that were born to wait tables, everything they do is with ease. They find time for...
I agree, I think Sous Vide was made for a thick cut Filet Mignon. 
It depends if you go by weigh or each. You need to see what your portion is. Is a portion  8 wings to an order or one pound of wings to an order. ..........Welcome to Cheftalk..........
BreakBread, Welcome to Cheftalk. This is what gets people started in a small catering business. I get the whole thing about the health dept not allowing it. I think these things go on anyway. I would watch on how far off the grid you go. Friends are fine but a friends neighbors friends sister who voted for Obamas brother in Uganda knows a person who wants your Lasagna may be a different story. Needless  to say people do it all the time, just don't get caught. In most...
I would use this sauce and add the vegetables you like from the dish at the restaurant. If you like a kick, put in a minced Serrano chili or put in some dried crushed red chili peppers.   Chicken Pad Kra Tiem Prik Tai     Sauce 1/4 cup Mushroom Soy Sauce 1 1/2 tsp sugar 1 tbsp cornstarch 1 tbsp oyster sauce 1 tbsp fish sauce 1/2 cup water, tap 8 oz chicken breast, sliced (or beef, or shrimp) 1/4 green onions, chopped 1/2 cup water chestnuts, sliced 4...
Sous Vide Eye of the Round w/béarnaise Roasted potatoes and broccoli......  
250 steak dinners $26 a head   = $6500 Breakfast for 150  $ 8.50           = $1275 Low county boil $26 a head       = $7800 59 burgers and dog $8.50          =$400                                       Total......= $15975   Labor = 20%                              = $3195 Food cost 40%                           = $6390 8% tax                                         = $1277 tip                                                = $1597       Total                    ...
Looks good, nice job. Is the Chine and feather bone removed so you can cut through and serve a bone in pork chop?
I wonder if its the olive oil and butter separating that you see pooling. It's not an emulsion and you have two fats together.....