or Connect

Posts by ChefBillyB

Chica Blanca Torta Locos.......White girls Crazy Tortas.....don't worry about being politically correct. Are these like a upscale approach to building tortas ????? You may want to think about building torts like CMG makes burritos.......
90% of all this s/b done before you even look for a building. The laws/rules/codes will fit almost all locations within the city/county your looking at. I would take this post and all the great advice these owners went through as a good learning experience. You never want to say " If I only knew this in the beginning It would have saved me a lot of heartache". Learn from what these members said get all the info you need to be in the know. These's to much bullshit in city...
Back in the day I was the Chef/Manager in some local private clubs. We would serve a lot of 109 Prime Rib. The bones were used during the week for either rib night or happy hour food. The 109 Prime rib was real nice to use because of the large round center girth with bones it ran about 22 to 24 lb roasts. The ribs were cut off after roasting. We would simmer the ribs in bbq sauce for a few hrs and the ribs were nice and tender. 
I used to take my wife to Momma Leone's every New Years eve. My new restaurant that isn't really new is Peter Lugers. It's a restaurant with the feel of old New York. The waiters have the long aprons that New York waiters were known for. They also have a NYC personality. 
Morning glory, I think your picture is picture perfect, wonderful presentation. Cioppino is a great dish served from Washington State down the coast to California. San Francisco made it famous, it would be a dish you would love. They harvest these Manila clams off the cost of Washington.
Mothers Day seafood sale clams $3.99lb served with Linguine. The tomatoes from last years garden are cooked and reduced with added flavor by steaming the clams in the sauce. It's more of a approach of making a Cioppino sauce. It's about $4.50 a serving.
I did a catered party on this beach in Hawaii. This beach wasn't even close to my home base kitchen. We served it as a buffet serving Huli Huli chicken, with an array of fruits and vegetables. It was a very casual buffet because it was a very large group of teens so it was easy for them to just have seating on the sand or blankets. I had a demo Hibachi with 5 or 6 pieces of chicken cooking. I remember some people thinking we cooked 1000 pieces of chicken on that small...
The complex I started my career in Hawaii had Banquet halls and off premiss catering.We had a banquet kitchen that was shared with two restaurants. I never saw any chef screw up an on premiss banquet. I have seen many chefs screw up off premiss catering because of the lack of knowledge about logistics. If you forget something with a in house catering you just go get it in the kitchen or storeroom. If you forget something when your 30 miles from your home base kitchen your...
In that case my quote would be higher. hahahahahaha  Look at post #8
Panini, I did see your post last night. I agree with your post and agree what happens in your operation is the main goal in every operation. Thank God it did with some of the things you had to go through in your private life. When I worked in the larger cities my approach was much different. I would have crews follow me from one job to another. When I started my own business in Ag Country I was dealing with a different kind of employee. Something is wrong when you hire...