Posts by ChefBillyB

ThatIrishGuy, This business is all about taking care of the needs of today. There isn't much loyalty or caring for the applying persons needs. This is what happens when a chefs view is "People yield Business doesn't". When you were told to come in for a trial there may not have been a lot of qualified people applying. They knew you didn't have any experience in the kitchen and still told you to come in for the trial. This wasn't real fair to you unless they were willing...
Integrity, Character, Fairness, Passion and Compassion 
Whenever I think of doing something like this. I tell myself maybe I should buy a $50 prime rib and then hand out $50 bills to 15 people at the food bank. 
Hi Chef and welcome to Cheftalk. This all depends on the size of the ind entree items. When you offer 3 entrees you'll need to adjust the size of of ind portions. You would love for them to take one of each. But, what happens when you have 10 people out of 150 that don't want chix and take 3 pcs of fish. You s/b be good with 2 pans of green beans making it 75 people per pan. Is this function 1/2 men and are there kids ?????? What are the portion sizes of the proteins...
Yes you can but, is it the best cheese to use. I know thats not the question. I would use a soft smooth cheese if I were to use smoked salmon. I find when I put Muzzarella or even provolone in a omelet it doesn't do as well as other cheese. 
BBQ in Texas, that will be different. Only kidding, welcome to Cheftalk. I agree with the rest about starting with the health dept. I would also go to the Flea Market and see all the what, where and hows. You need to know if a sink is available for hand washing. You also need to figure out how to wash a dropped utensil. You also need to know whats available for your electrical needs for refrigeration, steam tables, heat lamps and so on. you also need to know " IF your...
Good idea not a bad price. I think my Sous Vide Supreme was about $300 a few years ago. 
Luis de Vence, Welcome to Cheftalk. There are a few ways to look at this. They are undercutting you to establish their business.  After they establish a clientele they may raise the price higher to make a profit. What you need to look at is, are you measuring apples to apples. Is the quality and service the same. If everything is equal then there isn't a real big solution. If your quality is better, than you can just tell people we are better, our serve is good and our...
This is your Recipe:    It's a basic recipe: fresh parsley & rosemary, washed, chopped EVO lemon juice garlic powder & red chili flake S&P   If the Health dept were to look up recipes it would say to refrigerate over night. My question would be to ask, If all the ingredients in this mixture don't need refrigeration by themselves, do the combined ingredients need to be kept cold. The reason why your having a problem is because none of the Health inspectors really...
I think I should redefine what I mean when I say I agree with this happening. What I know happens around every state is people will always cook food items and sell to others. What I agree with is a situation like " Were having a graduation party and you know a person that makes the best Lasagna around". I don't agree with someone opening up shop and competing with local B&M business that offer catering and follow the rules. There is a reason why we have the laws we have....