or Connect

Posts by ChefBillyB

I'm more of a MR to Rare meat guy, but, I get what you mean about the uncooked fat. I think Prime Rib is a great example of what uncooked fat tastes like and feels like in your mouth. I guess that's why tenderloin or center cut prime rib works better for this method . You post has given me a good understanding of what Sous Vide really does. I understand it may not be a better method of cooking in some cases. What I do get is, it gets a more intense flavor out of the foods...
Do you salt when you cook low and slow ???? I'm worried that the salt will draw out the juices and the meat will be a bit dry. I would also figure it would depend on how lean the brisket is. All my beef is on the leaner side, I hang and dry age my meat for about 28 days, then cut and wrap................Thx Bill
Thxs, sounds great. I was on the phone with my wife while reading your post, I told her about the way you make the brisket, she said take one out NOW.....I have some many cuts of me from the Chuck, 150 lbs of lean hamburger, you name it we have. We just had another 7 piglets..........I'm looking forward to starting the process..........thxs again............Bill
Umai bags are cool, I'm going to try that, looks like a easy process.,,,,,,,,,,thxs Bill
teamfat, let me know when you start the Salumi, I'm interested in the dry cure process. Isn't there a curing box that a person could either buy or make to get a temp controlled dry curing.......My wife just flew out of Salt lake yesterday after a visit with her sister in Orem.............take care............Bill
Soesje, 47, is that like between 46 and 48, wow, ready for the senior home. I think the OP is talking older, as in OMG my legs and feet are killing me. I have had older Chefs working in my kitchens, some were a PITA, others were fine. If this guy is a Chef, he should be able to make specials, season a steak. If you think he could work a station and do it well the n go for it. In most cases older employees are more dependable. If he thinks I'm giving $11 of work and that's...
SmokedChef, I would think a beef tenderloin would work well Sous Vide. Thxs for the info..........Bill
Hey Buba, how's my buddy doing ????????.....I hope you  and the folks are doing well and enjoying the holidays..........I am using the K/A only because I had a few from the business. I figured I could buy a grinder attachment and a tube and I'm good to roll. My grinding and stuffing needs are bigger than most, over 700lbs of two pigs and a 1600lb black angus steer gives you some meat to work with. We processed this with the K/A..  The K/A worked real nice for grinding, I...
FF, ........I used 4 cloves of garlic minced, 1 tblsp Smoked Paprika, 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper, 1 1/2 tblsp Kosher salt, 1 tblsp grd mustard, 1 tsp gnd coriander, 1/2 tsp blk pepper........about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups of ice cold water The mix comes out like an emulsion with the ice water being added, it is sticky to the touch. When I did this, you could see the grd beef short ribs were separated like in pellets. This is because everything was kept real cold while processing....
Al and PC, thx for the help, I'll be back asking for more...........PC, is 48 hrs like 24 in America.........65 degrees Celsius = 149 degrees Fahrenheit.......I don't know what I'm doing in the next 5 minutes, never mind 48 hrs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thx guys............Bill