Posts by ChefBillyB

I did demo Wok cooking in my Catering business. This worked great. I had it made so when I'm walking to the cooking site from the truck the propane tank could sit on the side. The flame was insane......    
I would figure your using a cube steak for the (bistec encebollado) this could be a 4oz portion. The (pollo guisado) could be made with Chicken tenders so as to portion two pcs per person. With the rice and potato salad.   4 oz cube steak 2 chicken tenders 11/2 oz each. Then figure in what the rest of the ingredients cost for the stewed chix dish and the meat dish. The Rice and potato salad should be that high of a cost. I can't see you having more than $4 to $5 food...
Looks good! thats also the way I do it. I saw your Tomato cutting video. Just remember when your posting a video in a site where Chefs will critique your work, watch out for a lot of know-it-all comments. Most all of the Chefs in this site have worked in the industry for years and have seen it all. We all think that what we do is the best, I mean, If it wasn't the best why would we do it the way we do. The hardest thing to learn in our industry is to learn from our...
The thing most people will remember about their stay in the Hospital is the food. They will also brag or complain it. If I'm going into a hospital for a procedure I would remember the comments I hear about each hospital in my area. Why would I pick a hospital with bad food. The only thing anyone has to look forward to is eating. The reason why this changed over the years is because of competition. I have three hospitals within 10 miles of my house. These places need to...
When everything is done and over you will find out what the important things were. Your family and the time you spend with them is priceless. Money doesn't matter at all. All that being said, you can have your cake and eat it too. Take the job in the Hospital and see where this path takes you. I was in you shoes many years ago. I took a job with a Food service Management company M-F 40 to 50 hrs per week. After 5 years I started my own Management company along with a...
Thats a Hell of a recipe! What kind of nuts? what size Marshmallows? and is the chocolate melted. See! this is more involved than you thought. I just hate when I can't get step by step instruction with pictures.
I like Sous Vide for dbl cut pork chops, ribs, shanks and thick steaks. The steaks you Sous Vide could be  thick but they don't need to be serve as a think cut. It could be sliced and serve with a different presentation and complimentary  sauce. The dbl cut pork chop would be cooked sous vide then pan finished is a sauce. I do Salmon Sous Vide but I really can't see that much of a difference from cooking it in a pan and finishing in the oven to cooking Sous Vide. I look at...
Nice job Chef! Isn't it wonderful when you can put your on vision of what a dish should look like. It looks like your starting to have fun......Keep in touch.....ChefBill
222222222....gets your foot in the door with a good company to strut your stuff......Good Luck!!!
The only way I would open a restaurant in this environment is to be Chef owner and 100% of what goes. I would run a very low labor cost and have full control the food cost. I would not have a big over head with Rent or leases. I would keep the operation very lean.