or Connect

Posts by ChefBillyB

That should go great with Hamburger helper and stovetop stuffing....
Cook1st, It's time to walk away. I can't see you being happy in a place you have no respect for owners and management. The reason why you moved up as fast as you did was because of poor management. The management moved you into positions that didn't help you but, keep the kitchen going. This is what happens when you have owners and GM's that can't manage a kitchen. These people come and go as they want. Their not making long range plans and goals for the kitchen. You got...
Drink the beer while your pouring club soda into the batter. 
I took the Rump roast out of the water bath after 26 hrs. The roast was as tender as prime rib.  
Mary, nice job! Now lets make some German sausage.....
Cherries Jubilee.......Peach Melba......Junket......
I don't think I have ever served garlic bread for an off site catering. I have done it in house many times. When I did it I would slice the Italian bread loaf in half, spread with garlic butter, some herbs and paprika then bake to brown. When I don't have an answer to how something travels and holds for a catering I do a few in house and see what happens. Get yourself a few loaves and try them a few different ways. You also said your setting up this buffet at 5:30 for 6:30...
Just got my cow back from my butcher. The cow was raised on pasture along with a hint of mashed potatoes and gravy. We have our pigs on pasture and there was no way the cow would stand for them getting all the good food. We have a lot of produce processors in our area. We could get a call to pick up tons of broken pallet corn on the cob, french fries and so on. Needless to say the cow got plenty of fat while growing up on the farm. I expect to see some nice marbling in all...
I did these for a busy employee cafe. We offered biscuit and croissant breakfast sandwiches. I made plain omelets cut in quarters with a slice of cheese and sausage patty, ham or bacon. They hold up well in a warmer when we remade them for self service. We also help them flat on a plate in the warmer covered. 
Turnover is a big factor in this business. I do agree with moving around for the right reasons. In most fast-food places there isn't a whole bunch to learn. They set up these positions to train people quick. They don't care how much you know as long as you know what they need you to know in their operation. The loyalty is a one way street, do it our way. I was involved in over 25 food services in my career. I learned something in every operation. In this business I expect...