or Connect

Posts by ChefBillyB

Your right Buba they are good. I'll see you next week.......
I use this percolator every morning. It was my Father-in-laws bought in the 50's at Sears. I need to take new world filters and make a hole so they slide down over the water stem into the coffee basket.   
After I get home working a long day being a Chef I start making the home made bread. Then I go out and pick the fresh raspberries for homemade jam. While the jam is cooling I milk the cow and put the milk in the cream separator so I could churn some butter. Then I go out to the refer to knock down the 1/2 beef, gather some eggs from the hens and feed the pigs. Holy shit !!!!! do people think chefs make home made food at home all the time. The last thing a Chef wants to do...
Great point Nicko! I totally agree.......I drive by a small hole in the wall restaurant that changes hands every 4 to 6 months. I see these people going into this place chasing their dreams. If people only knew how hard it is to be successful in the restaurant business. Take this up a few steps to a 400K, 600K or more investment and it takes it to a different level of "I have to make it work" Or I've lost everything. You are so right when you say how it is easier to...
Bob, this is all about you pouring a certain amount of water over a ground bean to give you the results you want. Finding the perfect cup of coffee for each person isn't easy to accomplish. This is why most places will get something in a medium roast that will satisfy most all people. I'm really not sure what grinders are the best. I have one it does the job for me. There isn't only one thing to look at when seeking out the perfect blend for you. I would start with a...
It means that if a French fry is cook less it will have more nutrients than a fully cook French fry. As for coffee " The greener the bean the more caffeine" When it comes to the amount of roasting your taking about flavor. 
Hey Bob, I don't think the local coffee shop will have time t do this for you. You could do it yourself at home by either pouring hot water over grounds once using a finer and coffee. Or you could use a percolator like I use to run the coffee over and over the ground coffee that will give you a different result the longer you perk. In many cases you will look for a degree of roast that you like. Then you can have the bean that is posted to the degree that you like be...
Nicko, I still think this way after retiring from this business 4 years ago. When passion is in your blood you can't just filer it out. I know in my case this business gave me what I gave it. It's the only job or business I have ever worked that gave me self fulfillment and a great sense of accomplishment and self pride on what I did. I would wish this on everyone in any occupation. I think if I ever did get back into this business. I would do it as a partner with managers...
There are ways of jumping into the fire without getting burnt. Why not look into a small cafe that serves breakfast and lunch. Or a small 40 seat Bistro maybe with a small outside courtyard with a small  two butt kitchen. I started my business at 47 and retired at 61 and it was the best thing I ever did. My business wasn't a B&M and I didn't need a lot of capital because my clients gave me the use of a kitchen for upscale Employee cafe feeding and catering. IN your case,...
I will thanks! I always have a hard time finding rolls that hold up to a burger and a lot of rolls have no taste. I like the sourdough touch.