or Connect

Posts by ChefBillyB

Wouldn't it be easier if all the people asking questions just e-mail you for the answers? 
In yesterdays world I would say you wouldn't have to. In todays world I would say it would be closer to yes, but, not impossible by any means. I didn't go to Culinary school and was real successful as a Chef and business owner. If your in a smaller town it would be easier to get the chance to move up in the ranks. A large city has a lot of competition that a small city doesn't have. Just think of going for an interview and the two people before you have degrees. The degree...
Good morning C4F, It's always easy to tell someone who never did it how easy it is. This is just like everything else, once you do it you'll be fine. The thing you want to understand is what an emulsion is. When you make an emulsion your combining two fats, One being eggs, the other being butter. When you make a Hollandaise you will be putting a slow stream of warm butter into the egg mixture while blending. So in other words you want to combine the two fats slowly so they...
How about you take your seven posts and see how they answered the OP's question. I think the OP got a lot more bullish-t than help.......The OP asked if anyone ever made a Ricotta Béchamel  sauce and no one answered the question. My answer is "NO" I haven't! Now, if a person looks at the question and sees that one item is a Mother sauce and the other item being cheese a person can say "Yes" it can be done. When you combine the two will make it a Ricotta Cheese Sauce.....
I bet the OP is thinking " I ask a simple freaking question" and get nothing but bull s-it. Screw it I'll have a hamburger instead........P.S. OP that was bull s-hit not Buffalo.
IceMan, When I went over Rocco's house his Mom gave us something Italian on Italian bread. I asked what it was, his mom said just shut up and eat it. Thats how I learned how to cook Italian.....
No one said that eggs and cream make it lighter! The Ricotta is thick to begin with. When you add the eggs, parm, and whatever else you put in the mixture will loosen it up making it easier to spread. When a Lasagna is made with Béchamel it will be a "Less" dense dish. When a Lasagne is made with Ricotta it is a "More" dense dish. 
My point was that Ricotta is a more pure way of adding something to the dish. A Béchamel sauce is a Mother sauce, so if their adding Ricotta  it would make it a Ricotta cheese sauce. I'm just saying I like Ricotta, eggs, parmesan, garlic and parsley as the two of three cheeses in Lasagna. 
They make it with a Béchamel sauce in Italy.  I have made it with a Béchamel sauce, I found it to be lighter, as in not as heavy as ricotta. I like Ricotta so I stick with the old recipe that I always used. If you wanted to make a Ricotta Béchamel sauce would be fine. You could also just water down the Ricotta with some cream, eggs, garlic and parmesan cheese. This way your adding more quality ingredients instead of a Béchamel. Like I said it does make the dish a bit...
 If I'm a Chef I am always looking to better myself. If I'm in a position that I'm not growing, I'll look for better. Make the best of where your at while looking for better......In order to be real successful as a Chef you need to love it. In order to really love it you need to be in a place that allows you practice your skills and love the people who are involved with you. Life isn't a chore and work is a big part of out lives. The time you spent at this job wasn't...