or Connect

Posts by ChefBillyB

Right now I'm working with sausage, IMHO, there is nothing like a great sausage with a good char from the grill. We also have Hams. This is one of the hams from the pig that's hanging in the above pictures. I would like to work on Salami and other dry cured meats, We processed a 1400 lb steer that we hung the sides for 28 days to get a dry age. KaiqueKuisine: I was thinking the same time, Portuguese sausage sounds great. I'll make some next week and post some pictures....
  Fall time on the farm is processing the pigs that have had a great life on the pasture. We had one pig over 400 lbs and one over 300 lbs, needless to say we are knee deep in pork. I live in the Pacific Northwest this isn't the best area for great sausage so we make our own. When it comes to flavor, sausage hits all the senses. IMHO, if a sausage has to much heat, it masks all the other flavors. I like a sausage with a bit of heat and full of flavor. The two sausages I...
Hey Chef, keep going it's like watching my life in print. I started about the same time as you did, I thought your post should read, I had a long run as a caterer and lived. I took Corporate, I didn't want to deal with people that didn't know what they wanted. Corporate is all about trust, you do what you say, you make the planners job easy.The planner knows all they have to do is call you, the job is done. Once you build up the trust, all I need to know is, What, Where,...
Joey, you can bet 50 yrs ago they were, sliced, breaded and fried. Many yrs ago, the Elks lodge use to have Rocky Mountain oyster feeds. Thats was the first time I saw them and thank God the last time I saw them...........I would fry them and serve with a Lemon dill cream dipping sauce............ Good luck......Chefbillyb
First thing a well rounded chef learns is, there are all kinds of people coming into a public forum. It could be Sister Mary, Joe the bartender, an 8 yr old wanting to be a chef when he/she grows up. If the Chef is well rounded, they learn respect for others by posting something everyone can enjoy.   This isn't how a well rounded Chef asks a question.......Lesson 2 after you fix lesson 1..................ChefBillyB     to truly be a well rounded chef do it all...
Foodpump, I thought you worked at a Hotel............anyway, I'm taking about the Chefs that can't train, can't manage and are scared shit to leave the kitchen for fear of losing their position. They bitch about how many hrs they work and how little they make..............A Chef needs to manage their time out of the kitchen, in most cases long hrs don't help the mood.
If your a Chef and can't get time off, your working for an Idiot............manage your kitchen.............
Carnitas tacos
  I asked my girls, they said bad egg, we don't have no stinking bad eggs, tell that crazy Hawaiian to go back home...........
Gladys, I' m just worried what the garbage man will think when he sees the empty shake N bake box sitting on to of your garbage.......chefbillyb