or Connect

Posts by ChefBillyB

I was going to make this but we don't have a baby......
4 to 6 qtr of water to 1lb of pasta. Make sure the pasta is swimming in the pasta and not over crowd in the boiling water. In most cases you will 'salt like the ocean' meaning a lot of salt. If your recipe calls for the use of pasta water then watch the amount of salt.......
If you want to use liquid smoke take the pork and rub it down with liquid smoke then cover with with Hawaiian salt. Dbl wrap in foil bake at 350 for about 5 hrs. This would be called Kalua pig in Hawaii....Make your chili and when everything is done chop up some of the pork and toss it in the chili, let it simmer for another 1/2 hr. Then get some Hawaiian rolls and make some Kalua pig sliders and a cup of chili.......
This one was a 2000, I opened it because I needed some for a sauce. I ran out of a cheaper Burgundy I use for braising. This Cab aged real nice.....The special person was me!
A quick shrimp linguine with garlic toast and a nice 17 year old Cab.  
Morning glory, I grew up with food like this. When I made these for my Cafe they didn't sell real well. I always wondered why, I think the main reason why was people never ate them growing up. The meat stuffing is like whats used for stuffed cabbage. It is a 1/3 gnd beef, 1/3 gnd pork, 1/3 gnd veal with  cold cooked Rice, onions S&P and granulated garlic or chopped garlic, chopped parsley. If you like other spices, go for it. Most people don't use gnd  veal anymore so just...
From the USDA site:   The Big Thaw — Safe Defrosting Methods  As soon as raw or cooked meat, poultry or egg products begin to thaw and become warmer than 40 °F, bacteria that may have been present before freezing can begin to multiply. Perishable foods should never be thawed on the counter or in hot water and must not be left at room temperature for more than two hours. There are safe ways to thaw food: in the refrigerator, in cold water, and in the...
I'm not sure why thawing brined meat is any different that unbrined meat. You may get more water or solution out of the injected meat. The process should be the same. Your injected meat s/b in a package so it will keep the solution inside the packaging. 
Leftover Gnd beef for Provolone Burgers with Sautéed mushrooms baked butternut squash and fried rice.   
A Sous Chef is the one that does all the dirty work for the Chef. He/she tell everyone what to do and blames it on the Chef.   A Chef, Tell everyone what to do. When you ask why he/she throws them out the back door mumbling, I don't have time for this shit.    The Exec Chef is the Chef who tells management he/she's not making enough money at his/her chef position for the money he/she is making. The management has a long meeting (Nap) and comes back with the Exec Chef...