or Connect

Posts by ChefBillyB

Hey keith, I make pizza at home in the top smaller oven of my dbl oven stove. My oven max temp is 550F degrees. This works well for me cooking the pizza fast in about 7 minutes. I use a think gage heavy duty 1/2 sheet pan, this keeps the bottom from cooking to fast. My wife picks up a 1 lb ball of pizza dough at the supermarket. I would cut the 1lb ball in 1/2 to using 8oz for each pizza. This is just the quick and easy method to have a quick pizza lunch. In some of my...
Deglazed the pot with red wine and reducing it before I put the beef stock and meat back into the pot.......
If you send out some resumes I bet you would get a few bites. I think in either city they would welcome your experience coming for Nola. I think it was just a matter of time before living in Nola would lose it's charm. Leave with the memory of the old Nola because it can never be replicated. I felt the same when I left Hawaii years ago. It was less about the real Hawaii and more about just building high rises. I'm happy to have started my career there but it's hard to go...
Pot Roast & Mashed potatoes.
You can take what you learned in Nola and bring it to the PNW. I stop at a Cajun restaurant In Portland, Oregon for soft-shell crab and BBQ shrimp with crusty bread to mop up the plate. Portland, has a open and free feel to it. The city is open to all ideas and could be a fun place to Chef for a person with a good creative mind. If I had the choice I would pick Portland for that reason. Seattle is more of a stuffy feel to it. The cities are only 200 miles from each other...
Mike, how long did you cook yours ?.....Big range from Min to Max on this chart. 
POULTRY   Thickness Temperature Time   inch cm F C min max White Meat             Chicken Breast, bone in 2 5 146+ 63.5+ 2.5 hrs 4-6 hrs Chicken Breast, boneless 1 2.5 146+ 63.5+ 1 hr 2-4 hrs Turkey Breast, bone in 2.75 7 146+ 63.5+
Hey Jim, welcome to Cheftalk! Think of Sous Vide as cooking in a air tight bag with low heat. The chicken can be cook Sous Vide and then cooked fast in a ice water bath then frozen for future use. If you want to make fried chicken just thaw, put into buttermilk and fry. I figure what your looking for is a way to get your fried chicken faster without having to go from raw to cooked.........hope this helped........
The parents should be given a ticket from the common sense police for having something they can't control. I know when my kids were small we would take the kid outside until the crying jag was over. If it didn't end we left. 
I thought it funny that the butter pat made the biggest impression. I would have though sliced bread would have ranked up there pretty high......